2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
foneFanatiq

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Marti_EF3 wrote:
15 May 2019, 17:23
Yes, he's on track. Doing short stints of 2-3 laps, but he is avoiding the kerbs every turn, so the issue must be with the driveshafts again #-o
Damn what Is going on with these driveshaft problems !? I would assume they get them from an outside source?

Sieper

cost Gasly a good points finish in Baku, In spain they replaced the drive shafts under parc ferme (on both cars) and now during testing they have had several broken shafts. Something is up.

Alexf1

Indeed. Could it be they have their own magic diff solution in development but not bullit proof yet.

shingles

Sieper wrote:cost Gasly a good points finish in Baku, In spain they replaced the drive shafts under parc ferme (on both cars) and now during testing they have had several broken shafts. Something is up.
Is it possible they are testing different rear suspension geometry that’s putting different stresses in the shaft, thus causing them to break?

etusch

Honda's Masashi Yamamoto thinks Honda is now in front of Renault

We strive to maintain a high level of reliability and also strive to increase power. This requires a lot of development work. But without it, the gap is not closed. "

"Honda always wants to win. So far we've focused on improving power and reliability. Now I can definitely say we need more power."

"That's why we're going to go down and try to improve."
https://tr.motorsport.com/f1/news/yamam ... i/4389013/
Last edited by etusch on 15 May 2019, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.

Datco

How many laps did they do yesterday and today?

etusch

Datco wrote:
15 May 2019, 18:35
Yesterday 131 with Toro Rosso and around 120 with Redbull.
Today I don't know

lio007

etusch wrote:
15 May 2019, 18:38
Datco wrote:
15 May 2019, 18:35
Yesterday 131 with Toro Rosso and around 120 with Redbull.
Today I don't know
Today: 79 with RedBull and 109 with ToroRosso.

Marti_EF3

Now I'm starting of today videos. First, here is a comparative video about how he was driving the RB15 before the failure at morning, and then the other at afternoon when avoiding all kerbs.

Morning video

Afternoon video

More to come on the 3rd sector!

godlameroso

The ability to get on the throttle sooner coming out of that last chicane is huge in terms of lap time, enough that normally you compromise your entry into the chicane by a few tenths because the exit is so critical. It's such a low speed corner ~60kph that the tires are a bigger factor than aero.

A .4 second advantage which Mercedes holds in race pace, can partly be explained by a much more efficient power unit which needs to carry less fuel, but that would only account for .1 and another .2 from lacking power, and another .2 from the chassis and use of the tires?

They are close to the .3 window, once inside the .3 window, the driver is enough to make the difference, and any chinks in the armor are exposed.
Last edited by godlameroso on 15 May 2019, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
Saishū kōnā

HPD

DAN TICKTUM
I think for the Team, data-wise, we got what we wanted as today was about executing a specific run plan rather than setting purple sectors. We had a driveline issue this morning which cost us a few hours but the running that we did get was positive. There will be more feedback later in the week, but overall, at the moment, everyone’s satisfied.
https://en.hondaracingf1.com/insights/B ... ay_15.html

McMika98

HPD wrote:
15 May 2019, 20:33
DAN TICKTUM
I think for the Team, data-wise, we got what we wanted as today was about executing a specific run plan rather than setting purple sectors. We had a driveline issue this morning which cost us a few hours but the running that we did get was positive. There will be more feedback later in the week, but overall, at the moment, everyone’s satisfied.
https://en.hondaracingf1.com/insights/B ... ay_15.html
Dicktum
The arrogance wreaking from his nutsack is one of a kind. Forget rookie or test drivers, no current driver will even talk about setting purple sector, yet Tantrum had to let us know that he didnt push to get purple sectors as if that was within his reach. Wonder what Mazepin said in his comments. It will be quite funny if he fails to pass his superlicence hurdle this year again.

Marti_EF3

Look that Merc on the chicane... And the sound it does exiting it :roll:

RB Final sector

An another one with RB and other cars

I'll post later a few more, with the STR too (because I think we are more or less the same people following them here)

LM10

https://twitter.com/SmilexTech/status/1 ... 2606964737
Interesting Horner: "The Pirelli 2019 have 25% less rubber and are more rigid [...] the concept of aerodynamics (with High Rake) that we developed in the last year was very sensitive to the front wing. we must rebalance new regulations. " # TechF1 #FUnoAT

bigblue

Not obvious to me what I'm meant to be hearing. The Honda does it's odd cyclinder deactivation (?) roughness, the Merc seems to do something similar but less extreme. Perhaps it's a lot more obvious if you were there, or perhaps I'm deaf !