2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
fouad1979

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

He just said now that he made a mistake he underestimating the grip in turn 3

_cerber1

fouad1979 wrote:
15 May 2019, 19:18
Fernando had big crash in indy 500 today guys
https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/1128704779805437953

kfrantzios

Dunno if it was posted before, but here is Lando's start and the way he lost all those places
https://streamable.com/wicjt

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

SmallSoldier

It’s a shame, he was getting a nice getaway... It seems he had small contact with one of the Haas and then simply didn’t had enough traction in the dirty side of the turn to keep the car... Probably cold front tires also (Kimi also lost it)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

godlameroso

Barcelona is a tough race, I remember Alonso in his Ferrari days getting lapped on the hard pirellis.
Saishū kōnā

M840TR

Ground Effect wrote:
14 May 2019, 20:39
Andreas Seidl after testing today.
“We conducted some aerodynamic tests to learn more about the aero package that we took to the Spanish Grand Prix, in addition to some further aerodynamic developments that we are considering for future introduction. We also gathered some information which will be very useful for the development of the car.”
A little late but that quote is from Andrea Stella not Andreas Seidl.

Ground Effect

M840TR wrote:
16 May 2019, 18:39
Ground Effect wrote:
14 May 2019, 20:39
Andreas Seidl after testing today.
“We conducted some aerodynamic tests to learn more about the aero package that we took to the Spanish Grand Prix, in addition to some further aerodynamic developments that we are considering for future introduction. We also gathered some information which will be very useful for the development of the car.”
A little late but that quote is from Andrea Stella not Andreas Seidl.
:D Too many Andrea(s).... I hope they won’t spoil the broth.. Thanks for pointing that out.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

mclaren111

https://www.motorsportweek.com/admin/ck ... h-2019.jpg

McLaren – 0.425s loss (tyre corrected – 0.775s Gain)
Again – this is a team with caveats. McLaren has performed stronger at rear-limited venues in 2019 while pre-season at Barcelona it was Carlos Sainz Jr. who led the way inside the team. Lando Norris’ Q2 time was McLaren’s fastest of the weekend as a scruffy effort wrecked Sainz Jr.’s prospects, having been the quicker of the pair until that point. It’s therefore reasonable to make an assumption that Sainz Jr. would have made that 0.425s loss gap a little smaller, giving it an overall comparatively larger gain than some of its rivals.

Let's hope the test this week helped with sorting developments faster...

ThePapayaJaguar

So Ivan retweeted this article: https://extraconfidencial.com/noticias/ ... do-alonso/ .

Using Google translate:

"It would be expected that this feature would have pushed them on the Montmeló track , but this was not the case due to misunderstandings with the setup. The adjustments of each circuit were poorly calculated and both drivers complained about a lack of general performance, already solved."

"This they know in McLaren because in the two days of testing after the Grand Prix of Spain , without pressure, without hurry, without limitations of time on the track, they managed to reduce the records in a second. The car is better than it looks; What they lack is knowledge and development of what they have built."

_cerber1

ThePapayaJaguar wrote:
17 May 2019, 12:49
So Ivan retweeted this article: https://extraconfidencial.com/noticias/ ... do-alonso/ .

Using Google translate:

"It would be expected that this feature would have pushed them on the Montmeló track , but this was not the case due to misunderstandings with the setup. The adjustments of each circuit were poorly calculated and both drivers complained about a lack of general performance, already solved."

"This they know in McLaren because in the two days of testing after the Grand Prix of Spain , without pressure, without hurry, without limitations of time on the track, they managed to reduce the records in a second. The car is better than it looks; What they lack is knowledge and development of what they have built."
Can I clarify which Ivan you are talking about?

Ground Effect

ThePapayaJaguar wrote:

Using Google translate:

Interesting article... But being a Spanish outlet, it’s not surprising that they’re being positive, but I hope they are with good reason and a good performance is on the cards for Monaco.
I wonder if Key will fully be focused on the 2020 car, while Fry, Stella and some of the design team concentrate on updates for the 2019 car.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

Ground Effect

_cerber1 wrote:
17 May 2019, 13:08
ThePapayaJaguar wrote:

Using Google translate:

Can I clarify which Ivan you are talking about?
Ivan Roldan I believe, McLaren aerodynamicist.

_cerber1

Ground Effect wrote:
17 May 2019, 13:11
Ivan Roldan I believe, McLaren aerodynamicist.
Thank! =D>

Nivedanm

mclaren111 wrote:
17 May 2019, 11:09

McLaren – 0.425s loss (tyre corrected – 0.775s Gain)
Again – this is a team with caveats. McLaren has performed stronger at rear-limited venues in 2019 while pre-season at Barcelona it was Carlos Sainz Jr. who led the way inside the team. Lando Norris’ Q2 time was McLaren’s fastest of the weekend as a scruffy effort wrecked Sainz Jr.’s prospects, having been the quicker of the pair until that point. It’s therefore reasonable to make an assumption that Sainz Jr. would have made that 0.425s loss gap a little smaller, giving it an overall comparatively larger gain than some of its rivals.

Let's hope the test this week helped with sorting developments faster...

Is it a comparison of how much pace teams lost per lap on average between race simulations in Free Practice and race?
Or is it a comparison of how teams performed in in-season testing compared to the race? #-o

mclaren111

Good question...