When will Ferrari build an F1 type car for the street ...

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Medingen

When will Ferrari build an F1 type car for the street ...

... as does Mercedes? Clever idea to test developments - legal probably not, regarding the spirit of the rules, but within a grey area, so that they can get away with it ;)
Last edited by turbof1 on 23 Nov 2017, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed title

Craigy

Re: When will Ferarri build an F1 type car for the street ...

Can I recommend that you look up the correct spelling of the team you're talking about?

Perhaps it would also be interesting if you had a look at the F50.

Manoah2u

FXX ring any bells?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

zac510

Yes, those diesel 4 cylinders they keep making are really boring!

coaster

Re: When will Ferrari build an F1 type car for the street ...

I would not go as far to make that analogy, I think your beef might be why did not any Schumacher era stuff not make a strong imprint on a ferrari road car? V10? Stingray gills? Bulbous upswept sides like a 70's muscle car? Alesi, Prost, Mansell connection can be seen so clearly on the F50 V12 motor, it literally was an evolved f1 motor for the road, it's pretty hard to knock an Enzo.

dodds_turbo

I'd love to see a Ferrari Safety Car in the near future - this would certainly give them a reason to build an F1-like road car...
...sounds kinda like the Ferarri LaFerrari FXX-K. To me this far better represents F1 and its tenuous road-relevance, and would fit in far better with the current power levels and engine format. It also has plenty F1 (or F1-insipired) parts shoehorned in already.

Stats-wise it has far more ability to keep up with F1 cars with approx. 1036hp produced by a combined ICE and K-ERS unit (compared with 585hp from the current 2018 Mercedes-AMG GT R).

Also it looks more like it belongs in F1, edpecialy with Giancarlo Fisichella behind the wheel:

McG

Oh yeah let's use a car which handles on a knife edge. Ridiculous, especially if it's very wet conditions.

They use a comparatively conservative car for a reason. The fact that it's so much slower that drops in tyre temp and pressure occurs can be dealt with by other means.
F1 is dead.

Manoah2u

I'd like to see something along the lines of supercars like that being safety cars.

In the old days, there were Countachs, Testarossa's, etc. as safety cars.
Those cars looked the part, and upped F1's imago imho.

Now i'm not taking away anything from the Mercedes pace car/ safety car.
It is a extremely fast car, handles crazy well, and is also a supercar to it's full extent.

But as far as looking exotic, it doesn't. Obviously, that fits Mercedes, and i'm not being any negative here,
it's the brand. BMW doesn't have much exotic looking stuff nor does Audi for that matter.
No, the R10 or R8 doesn't look very 'exotic' either despite being an amazing car.

I would like to see a red Ferrari FXX, or the new Mercedes hypercar, or the Aston Martin Valkyrie,
or perhaps a Lamborghini, Bugatti Chiron, or etc etc.

Would love to even see something along the lines of a Dodge Demon @ COTA, a Ferrari FXX @ Monza,
a Mercedes @ Germany, a Mclaren Senna @ Silverstone, a Acura NSX @ Japan, a Chiron @ France,
etc etc.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

dodds_turbo

Manoah2u wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 14:07
I'd like to see something along the lines of supercars like that being safety cars.

In the old days, there were Countachs, Testarossa's, etc. as safety cars.
Those cars looked the part, and upped F1's imago imho.

Now i'm not taking away anything from the Mercedes pace car/ safety car.
It is a extremely fast car, handles crazy well, and is also a supercar to it's full extent.

But as far as looking exotic, it doesn't...

I would like to see a red Ferrari FXX, or the new Mercedes hypercar, or the Aston Martin Valkyrie,
or perhaps a Lamborghini, Bugatti Chiron, or etc etc.
My thoughts exactly, lets see a car more aesthetically fitting to the F1 'spectacle' rather than a more conservative/plain Merc.
Manoah2u wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 14:07
Would love to even see something along the lines of a Dodge Demon @ COTA, a Ferrari FXX @ Monza,
a Mercedes @ Germany, a Mclaren Senna @ Silverstone, a Acura NSX @ Japan, a Chiron @ France,
etc etc.
This idea here would keep all parties happy - Mercedes, Ferrari, etc. and could also interest other manufacturers. The only issue might be driver familiarisation - would you expect the same individual driver to get to grips with a new car every other week, or would it be better with track specific safety car drivers?

Manoah2u

I'm sure they'd come to grips easily. What more fun than to have the opportunity to drive various supercars in a season?
On the other hand, it might also be interesting for former F1 drivers, or f.e. an Indy winner to drive the pace car.
Problem is, they aren't just 'drivers', they have to anticipate other stuff, also medical, etc etc.
So i'd say just leave Bernt Maylander driving the cars.
All he needs is drive it a few laps and they're fine.
Let them be sponsored, so it's not like the FIA or anything like that needs to buy a whole car park.
The roof lights can easily be mounted on the roof with magnets,
and it's no work to mount a laptop/computer in the vehicle and connect it to a power source.

Thing is though, i'm sure Mercedes is happy to 'give' or 'lend' that car for the entire season because it'll bring them exposition and revenue. And that is hard to beat.

Just_a_fan

Magnets on carbon fibre? Really?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NathanOlder

Just_a_fan wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 17:02
Magnets on carbon fibre? Really?
:lol: :lol: =D> =D>
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

JordanMugen

coaster wrote:
31 Aug 2018, 10:15
I think your beef might be why did not any Schumacher era stuff not make a strong imprint on a ferrari road car?
Ahem. :wink: Obviously it was a V12 because V12s are just plain better than V10s! :D

Both the Enzo/FXX and F50 seem rather F1-ish to me, with their structurally integral engine, carbon monocoque and rear-mounted transaxle!

joshuagore

JordanMugen wrote:
19 May 2019, 20:03
coaster wrote:
31 Aug 2018, 10:15
I think your beef might be why did not any Schumacher era stuff not make a strong imprint on a ferrari road car?
Ahem. :wink: Obviously it was a V12 because V12s are just plain better than V10s! :D

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/20/ff/0a ... 7cbe8e.jpg

Both the Enzo/FXX and F50 seem rather F1-ish to me, with their structurally integral engine, carbon monocoque and rear-mounted transaxle!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e8/70/6a ... 038a1d.jpg
Couldn't agree more, imo this was the f1 car for the road, and certainly much more f1 related than the grand touring car they use now... but would it one up the sound of the f1 cars? rough.

coaster

Gosh, its almost like ferrari read my previous post and made the F80 response.
No V10, turbo V8 though, but gosh what stunning car it is with echos of older curves from both f1 and late sixties.
Wow.

Edit: its a P80 sorry, F80 was a concept.
Edit: enzo was more of a montezemelo car taking cues from the lancia stratos, imo.