When will Ferrari build an F1 type car for the street ...

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ringleheim

Re: When will Ferrari build an F1 type car for the street ...

Manoah2u wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 14:07
I'd like to see something along the lines of supercars like that being safety cars.

In the old days, there were Countachs, Testarossa's, etc. as safety cars.
Those cars looked the part, and upped F1's imago imho.

Now i'm not taking away anything from the Mercedes pace car/ safety car.
It is a extremely fast car, handles crazy well, and is also a supercar to it's full extent.

But as far as looking exotic, it doesn't. Obviously, that fits Mercedes, and i'm not being any negative here,
it's the brand. BMW doesn't have much exotic looking stuff nor does Audi for that matter.
No, the R10 or R8 doesn't look very 'exotic' either despite being an amazing car.

I would like to see a red Ferrari FXX, or the new Mercedes hypercar, or the Aston Martin Valkyrie,
or perhaps a Lamborghini, Bugatti Chiron, or etc etc.

Would love to even see something along the lines of a Dodge Demon @ COTA, a Ferrari FXX @ Monza,
a Mercedes @ Germany, a Mclaren Senna @ Silverstone, a Acura NSX @ Japan, a Chiron @ France,
etc etc.
For years the safety car (before there even was a safety car) at Monza was a red Ferrari 348. In fact, I think it is still at the track and used.

I also seem to remember Imola doing the same--using a Ferrari road car as an on-track safety car of sorts. Perhaps the medical car that followed the field around on Lap 1.