Scuderia Ferrari SF90

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
mmred

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

dans79 wrote:
17 May 2019, 17:39
mmred wrote:
17 May 2019, 17:23
there arent fast corners in spain, thats where aero is tested at its max
Telemetry for turns 3, 9, and 16 say otherwise.
because they are medium speed corners

https://ibb.co/gMzGLqq
according to FIA

the aero limited ones should be the fast, but they do have less overall downforce too it s just not the main issue

zibby43

mmred wrote:
17 May 2019, 18:48
dans79 wrote:
mmred wrote:
17 May 2019, 17:23
there arent fast corners in spain, thats where aero is tested at its max

according to FIA

the aero limited ones should be the fast, but they do have less overall downforce too it s just not the main issue
Turn 9 is taken flat. That qualifies as a fast corner.

mmred

zibby43 wrote:
17 May 2019, 19:18
mmred wrote:
dans79 wrote:

according to FIA

it s the speed that makes the difference not the acceleration

zibby43

mmred wrote:
17 May 2019, 19:44
zibby43 wrote:
mmred wrote:

according to FIA

165+ mph in the corner, prior to exit, is pretty fast. Here's a visual refresher:

mmred

zibby43 wrote:
18 May 2019, 04:49
mmred wrote:
zibby43 wrote:

165+ mph in the corner, prior to exit, is pretty fast. Here's a visual refresher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZjTGSUWgtc
Yes it s fast but it s not taken flat, not by everyone, indeed what makes it fast as I said it s not the acceleration
Still you need a telemetry analysis
And of more than one fast turn, I provided one that consists into Fia inspecting all the turns...more than that?

vogonvader

mmred wrote:
18 May 2019, 10:51
zibby43 wrote:
mmred wrote:

Yes it s fast but it s not taken flat, not by everyone, indeed what makes it fast as I said it s not the acceleration
And of more than one fast turn, I provided one that consists into Fia inspecting all the turns...more than that?
It's a corner with a slightly high angle, which most teams in Q3 are able to go 260+ km/h through there and also flatout without even lifting before, entering or in the corner. How is that not a fast corner?

mmred

vogonvader wrote:
18 May 2019, 15:03
mmred wrote:
18 May 2019, 10:51
zibby43 wrote:

It's a corner with a slightly high angle, which most teams in Q3 are able to go 260+ km/h through there and also flatout without even lifting before, entering or in the corner. How is that not a fast corner?
I did not say it isn't
I just explained the discrimination is not about making it flat out
You can make slow corners flat out
And fast ones lifting like this one

and thanx again for the coward negative ratings i get for repeating an obviety
Repeat not contradict, it s in the history

michele999

The first head has fallen...

In Maranello last Friday there was a summit meeting in which the president, John Elkann, and the CEO, Louis Camilleri, defined the next steps with the team principal, Mattia Binotto. The Swiss-born engineer from Reggio Emilia reported his leaders with the data that emerged from the Barcelona tests after the two days of tests that followed the disappointing Spanish GP dominated by silver arrows.

To this problem is added a front suspension of too traditional design, while Mercedes and Red Bull (but not only) have launched with more extreme and innovative solutions with a goal: to put the Pirelli tires in the right window of operation, because the "rocket red ”does not allow Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc to fight for victory on guided circuits like Monte Carlo.

In order to deal with the suspension it would be necessary to redo the front end of the SF90 and in this delicate phase of the season it is better to dedicate the resources on aerodynamics. In the meeting, therefore, an extra-budget for the relaunch of the Red Army would have been launched, while in parallel the design of the 2020 machine will begin.

There is much talk of a return of Simone Resta in the summer, but the technical director of the Alfa Romeo would not be involved in the present: he could be reinstated in Maranello with a different role than he had as chief designer. And it seems that he is not appointed technical director, a role that remains in the hands of Binotto, in defense of the work of Enrico Cardile and David Sanchez.

There are those who would bet that Resta could be destined to the 2021 single-seater when there will be a revolution of the rules, for yet another not yet defined by the FIA.

The test in Barcelona seems to have given some answers: the test driver Fuoco seems to have detected few differences between the real SF90 conducted last Wednesday in Spain and the virtual one that normally drives the simulator, a sign that there is a correlation between the track and the "spider" .

Yet it was precisely in the area of ​​simulation that there would have been a change with the release of Giacomo Tortora, the engineer responsible for vehicle development.

Source: Motorsport.it

Mamba

michele999 wrote:
21 May 2019, 13:07

In Maranello last Friday there was a summit meeting in which the president, John Elkann, and the CEO, Louis Camilleri, defined the next steps with the team principal, Mattia Binotto. The Swiss-born engineer from Reggio Emilia reported his leaders with the data that emerged from the Barcelona tests after the two days of tests that followed the disappointing Spanish GP dominated by silver arrows.

To this problem is added a front suspension of too traditional design, while Mercedes and Red Bull (but not only) have launched with more extreme and innovative solutions with a goal: to put the Pirelli tires in the right window of operation, because the "rocket red ”does not allow Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc to fight for victory on guided circuits like Monte Carlo.

In order to deal with the suspension it would be necessary to redo the front end of the SF90 and in this delicate phase of the season it is better to dedicate the resources on aerodynamics. In the meeting, therefore, an extra-budget for the relaunch of the Red Army would have been launched, while in parallel the design of the 2020 machine will begin.

There is much talk of a return of Simone Resta in the summer, but the technical director of the Alfa Romeo would not be involved in the present: he could be reinstated in Maranello with a different role than he had as chief designer. And it seems that he is not appointed technical director, a role that remains in the hands of Binotto, in defense of the work of Enrico Cardile and David Sanchez.

There are those who would bet that Resta could be destined to the 2021 single-seater when there will be a revolution of the rules, for yet another not yet defined by the FIA.

The test in Barcelona seems to have given some answers: the test driver Fuoco seems to have detected few differences between the real SF90 conducted last Wednesday in Spain and the virtual one that normally drives the simulator, a sign that there is a correlation between the track and the "spider" .

Yet it was precisely in the area of ​​simulation that there would have been a change with the release of Giacomo Tortora, the engineer responsible for vehicle development.

Surely a team of Ferrari's size could make the needed chassis change for introduction either after summer break or just before? Getting the tyres to work will yield way bigger gains than aero updates. Plus there seems to be a small correlation issue too.

zibby43

Mamba wrote:
21 May 2019, 13:14
michele999 wrote:
21 May 2019, 13:07

Surely a team of Ferrari's size could make the needed chassis change for introduction either after summer break or just before? Getting the tyres to work will yield way bigger gains than aero updates. Plus there seems to be a small correlation issue too.
The way I interpreted the article, it says there are no correlation issues.

dans79

zibby43 wrote:
21 May 2019, 19:33
It also doesn't mention anyone getting fired so what head fell?
197 104 103 7

NtsParadize

zibby43

dans79 wrote:
21 May 2019, 20:36
zibby43 wrote:
Haha good point! I noticed that as well. Bit of an odd translation in places. I think the original intention may have been: "The first domino has fallen."

The last part of the translation would've been easier if it had said:

"The Barcelona testing seems to have given some answers. The Ferrari test driver, Antonio Fuoco, detected almost no differences between the real SF90 and the virtual one that Fuoco normally drives in the simulator; a sign that there is an accurate correlation between the simulator and the actual racecar."

Or something like that.

LM10

zibby43 wrote:
21 May 2019, 20:58
dans79 wrote:
zibby43 wrote:
Haha good point! I noticed that as well. Bit of an odd translation in places. I think the original intention may have been: "The first domino has fallen."

"The Barcelona testing seems to have given some answers. The Ferrari test driver, Antonio Fuoco, detected almost no differences between the real SF90 and the virtual one that Fuoco normally drives in the simulator; a sign that there is an accurate correlation between the simulator and the actual racecar."

Or something like that.
The part you've translated is the way I understood it as well. But the article also mentions an engineer being fired and what it tries to tell is that even though the correlation seems to be accurate, it was the engineer for vehicle dynamics, Giacomo Tortora, who was fired.

zibby43

LM10 wrote:
21 May 2019, 21:39
zibby43 wrote:
21 May 2019, 20:58
dans79 wrote:

Or something like that.
The part you've translated is the way I understood it as well. But the article also mentions an engineer being fired and what it tries to tell is that even though the correlation seems to be accurate, it was the engineer for vehicle dynamics, Giacomo Tortora, who was fired.
Ah, thank you very much! Makes much more sense now.