F1 3D Modeler

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
adree

F1 3D Modeler

Is there any real F1 3D modeler registered as a member here?

If yes, may I have the screenshot of 3D F1 car made by using a CAD software?

coaster

Re: F1 3D Modeler

There was a twitter feed for a guy who brought the rights to a caterham f1 car including cad files, he put up heaps off screenshots but went silent after a few images of a renault motor, my guess is renault sent a legal warning, maybe.
Cad takes so much time and energy to create.

F1NAC

adree wrote:
22 May 2019, 14:59
Is there any real F1 3D modeler registered as a member here?

If yes, may I have the screenshot of 3D F1 car made by using a CAD software?
MOst of the guys here, that can model, usually take probably screenshots (the best ones are those from car presentation, because you got top, side, front view with approx. same scale) and then just making lines, lofting etc...

Gibbs

You will find a lot of CAD screenshots in the Caterham CT-05 thread and Twitter! This is probably the most comprehensive collection of CAD screenshots relating to an F1 car.

You will also find CAD screenshots within the Honda R&D Technical Review F1 Special although most images will be of individual components but interesting nevertheless.

Mercedes is also starting to reveal some of their CAD designs on Youtube in amongst short videos, for instance the suspension design and suspension motion kinematics of a recent car are revealed in the video below.