2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jambier

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

roon wrote:
17 May 2019, 17:46
Why was Arrivabene fired? How long will Binotto last?
Binotto acted like a child. "Either you give me team principal or I leave"

And we know that Binotto was quite sucessful for 2017, 2018 car, Ferrari finally having a good car!
So Ferrari had the choice between the guy that makes good car, or the guy that "simply" manage the team.

wickedz50

Jambier wrote:
24 May 2019, 11:00
roon wrote:
Binotto acted like a child. "Either you give me team principal or I leave"

And we know that Binotto was quite sucessful for 2017, 2018 car, Ferrari finally having a good car!
So Ferrari had the choice between the guy that makes good car, or the guy that "simply" manage the team.
The difference between the good season previously and the bad 2019 is still Sergio M, the guy who was instrumental in getting Ferrari back to shape, the right hiring and firing, putting the right people in right job, people respected him, Ferrari pride was restored, ever since Sergio passed away mid season its like a pack without a strong leader, organizational problems.
Binotto is one of a problem, there are many others. Ferrari needs an iron man like Sergio M not any tommy out of any business with no vision no mission no pride.

Ringleheim

Scorpaguy wrote:
22 May 2019, 20:20
roon wrote:
Short answer is politics. Arri had the team pretty darn close. However, he was not a favorite of the media, nor some of the brass. Many thought of him as harsh and brash, which i believe to be needed in this ultra competitive environment. It seems the brass thought the 2018 car tech wizard Bino could do the job and not be a prima donna in the process. Arri's axing doomed the Big Red IMHO.

As for Bino, watch Monaco. If it is another Merc cake walk and Red Bull either splits or all out beats Ferrari, he may be lucky to make the season. At this point, he is gone at year's end if he cannot win either the WDC or WCC...which basically means winning out most of the remainder of this year.

Personally, i fear a larger catastrophe. If RB beats us at year's end, the old "Does Ferrari need F1" question will rear its ugly head again. At this point, F1 has lived without a Red champion for some time, so that part of the equation is already answered. With Big Red spending more than Merc, yet getting beat by the Bulls...i can see them leaving for easier pastures (eg LMP1).

Merc is a automotive tech/engineering powerhouse. Ferrari does not have to beat them to remain "interested" in F1, just be competitive (ala 2018). But they HAVE to beat the Bulls to save face...and such seems in jeopardy this year.
I think your prediction of Binotto being fired at year's end is a little premature. I think the leash around his neck is longer than that. Maybe not a lot longer, but his departure is not certain, at least as of now. And that assumes Ferrari finishes the constructors' championship in 3rd place behind Red Bull.

Before the season started, I suggested it was crazy to give 1 man these two titles; that's a lot of work for a single person and the team/organizational/structural mistakes we have seen Ferrari repeatedly make suggest Binotto is not up to the dual title role.

I think he should be left to focus on the technical side of things with someone brought in to run the team.

I was never a big lover or hater of Arrivabene; I think he should be easily replaced with someone of equal competence.

Ringleheim

Jolle wrote:
14 May 2019, 00:23
Slo Poke wrote:
13 May 2019, 22:19
3jawchuck wrote:
13 May 2019, 20:53

Could you go into more details about what you mean please?
Certainly!
Firstly, bubbles are not to be underestimated. They’re widely used in many different industries, medically and even the military has a use for them.
Inside the fuel-bladder an intricate array of thin tubes would have to be installed, or maybe a purpose made artificial airation floor. Pressurised air is then forced into the prepostioned tubing and is then allowed to leak, or seap at low level to mix with the fuel. Air rises in liquid, as we know. Although not so widely appreciated is the domed upper surface of a bubble. Anything above it is lifted or moved to one side, into the path of another bubble and so it goes on. With adequate and proper airation controlling bubble size and number of, there could easily be billions of tiny bubbles and all of them would be in unison helping mutate the overall weight of the fuel load into something much lighter than it actually is.
Now that has to be useful in f1. Consider Bottas approaching the chicane last race qualifying. In the cockpit perhaps where the brake bias level is, or was, there’s now a lever to fine tune the amount of bubbles, so he shuts them off prior to corner entry. The car suddenly, or a second later gains a slight increase in weight and produces more mechanical grip than his team-mate. What might be the outcome?
Yes! That’s why drivers still “hop” in their seats looking for grip just like in karts..... :lol:

Btw, you do know that a kg of fuel is a kg of fuel, even when it’s in vapor form? And pushing it up trough air, will cause the same force as the mass of the fuel. They debunked the flying birds in a truck theory a long time ago.
OK Mr. fancy pants, answer me this!

What weighs more? 1 pound of gold or 1 pound of bubbles?

Espresso

Phil wrote:
14 May 2019, 13:13
So I understand Vettels pace was extremely compromised due to the flat-spot from T1. I also understand he offered to let Charles by for this reason. Why on earth did it take Ferrari 10 laps to issue the order to have the not-compromised driver not be held up by the compromised one? This is not only about the drivers championship, but it's also about securing as many points as possible for the WCC. It's as if, I don't know, they somehow feel they have to secure every single point for Vettel?
Don't underestimate LeClerc. He's not as sweet as he presents himself. I value him as high in integrity as Ocon. About the freezing point of liquid oxygen.

You need to see what happened prior to that. Binotto speaking for rounds with LeClerc. And Vettel stuck behind him with a different tyre strategy.....until finally he gave in and let Vettel pass (with Vettel's tyres destroyed in the mean time and both lost time in the process).
So it all started with LeClerc compromising his team (again)...

LeClerc is a solo player. He doesn't care about others or team mates.
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

Jolle

Ringleheim wrote:
24 May 2019, 11:44
Jolle wrote:
14 May 2019, 00:23
Slo Poke wrote:
13 May 2019, 22:19

Certainly!
Firstly, bubbles are not to be underestimated. They’re widely used in many different industries, medically and even the military has a use for them.
Inside the fuel-bladder an intricate array of thin tubes would have to be installed, or maybe a purpose made artificial airation floor. Pressurised air is then forced into the prepostioned tubing and is then allowed to leak, or seap at low level to mix with the fuel. Air rises in liquid, as we know. Although not so widely appreciated is the domed upper surface of a bubble. Anything above it is lifted or moved to one side, into the path of another bubble and so it goes on. With adequate and proper airation controlling bubble size and number of, there could easily be billions of tiny bubbles and all of them would be in unison helping mutate the overall weight of the fuel load into something much lighter than it actually is.
Now that has to be useful in f1. Consider Bottas approaching the chicane last race qualifying. In the cockpit perhaps where the brake bias level is, or was, there’s now a lever to fine tune the amount of bubbles, so he shuts them off prior to corner entry. The car suddenly, or a second later gains a slight increase in weight and produces more mechanical grip than his team-mate. What might be the outcome?
Yes! That’s why drivers still “hop” in their seats looking for grip just like in karts..... :lol:

Btw, you do know that a kg of fuel is a kg of fuel, even when it’s in vapor form? And pushing it up trough air, will cause the same force as the mass of the fuel. They debunked the flying birds in a truck theory a long time ago.
OK Mr. fancy pants, answer me this!

What weighs more? 1 pound of gold or 1 pound of bubbles?
If you both put them in a fuel bladder, one pound of water/washing up liquid is just as heavy as one pound of gold.

By the way, if you look closely as a bubble, it does float down because the water is still heavier then the air it dissipates. Outside it goes up because on a sunny day (when you have kids with bubbles outside) the air rises from the warm ground to raise the bubbles in the air.

And even if bubbles would be an advantage, how much will it weigh to fill a empty fuel bladder? 10 grams?

fouad1979

Vettel is a joke earning 40 millions per year its just ridicules ferrari need Alonso to fight mercedes

wickedz50

fouad1979 wrote:
25 May 2019, 12:37
Vettel is a joke earning 40 millions per year its just ridicules ferrari need Alonso to fight mercedes
With this 2019 car even Alonso will not win...Ferrari team are a joke just not Vettel.

fouad1979

wickedz50 wrote:
25 May 2019, 12:42
fouad1979 wrote:
With this 2019 car even Alonso will not win...Ferrari team are a joke just not Vettel.
But he will have much better result then the german

Shader

fouad1979 wrote:
They could make a documentary just from compilation of his mistakes... For someone who got his "champion" moniker while driving for RB, Aldas sums it up pretty good: "Vettel or Newey domination?" True champions don't get beaten by a rookie in Monaco or just plain drive into barriers... One could forgive LeClerc, he still lacks experience, and he will be a great Ferrari driver, in time.

tpeman

Shader wrote:
25 May 2019, 14:04
fouad1979 wrote:
They could make a documentary just from compilation of his mistakes... For someone who got his "champion" tag while driving for RB, Aldas sums it all together pretty good: "Vettel or Newey domination?" True champions don't get beaten by a rookie in Monaco or just plain drive into barriers... You can forgive LeClerc, his still lack experience, and he will be a great Ferrari driver, in time.
So he makes a mistake in FP3 and he is automatically labeled a joke? Do you think Verstappen is a joke, or Hamilton? Both of them have made mistakes on this track in previous years. The race is tomorrow and it isn't even qualifying yet. You should give the guy a break, he is at least trying. Alonso had 5 years to win a championship with Ferrari and he left on his own.

Shader

tpeman wrote:
25 May 2019, 14:16
Shader wrote:
fouad1979 wrote:
They could make a documentary just from compilation of his mistakes... For someone who got his "champion" tag while driving for RB, Aldas sums it all together pretty good: "Vettel or Newey domination?" True champions don't get beaten by a rookie in Monaco or just plain drive into barriers... You can forgive LeClerc, his still lack experience, and he will be a great Ferrari driver, in time.
So he makes a mistake in FP3 and he is automatically labeled a joke? Do you think Verstappen is a joke, or Hamilton? Both of them have made mistakes on this track in previous years. The race is tomorrow and it isn't even qualifying yet. You should give the guy a break, he is at least trying. Alonso had 5 years to win a championship with Ferrari and he left on his own.
:lol:

Shader

Espresso wrote:
Phil wrote:
So I understand Vettels pace was extremely compromised due to the flat-spot from T1. I also understand he offered to let Charles by for this reason. Why on earth did it take Ferrari 10 laps to issue the order to have the not-compromised driver not be held up by the compromised one? This is not only about the drivers championship, but it's also about securing as many points as possible for the WCC. It's as if, I don't know, they somehow feel they have to secure every single point for Vettel?
Don't underestimate LeClerc. He's not as sweet as he presents himself. I value him as high in integrity as Ocon. About the freezing point of liquid oxygen.

You need to see what happened prior to that. Binotto speaking for rounds with LeClerc. And Vettel stuck behind him with a different tyre strategy.....until finally he gave in and let Vettel pass (with Vettel's tyres destroyed in the mean time and both lost time in the process).

You take one instance of Ferrari making LeClerc a "priority" and make a case from it. I suppose you were not watching all other races :)

Anyway, LeCLerc being a solo player. Is there really a choice for him? He's been besting his teammate since beginning of the season and being put down by team orders in all races but one. Is that, a team work? He is performing better than Vettel, to put it mildly, and only way he can get on top of those pro Vettel team orders is to be a solo player, because his team has not really proven supportive.

selvam_e2002

Shader wrote:
25 May 2019, 14:29
Espresso wrote:
Phil wrote:

You take one instance of Ferrari making LeClerc a "priority" and make a case from it. I suppose you were not watching all other races :)

Anyway, LeCLerc being a solo player. Is there really a choice for him? He's been besting his teammate since beginning of the season and being put down by team orders in all races but one. Is that, a team work? He is performing better than Vettel, to put it mildly, and only way he can get on top of those pro Vettel team orders is to be a solo player, because his team has not really proven supportive.
Give me when he was fast? Bahrain in race? check the Qualification Vettel leads. He should be a team player but it seems not and ferrari will get hurt of this kind of attitude. I think most probably Vettel will give up this season and will retire.

fouad1979

tpeman wrote:
25 May 2019, 14:16
Shader wrote:
fouad1979 wrote:
Man hamilton is a much stronger driver than vettel and ge did very few mistakes comparing with vettel who this 3 past year did plenty u can made a best of of it and Alonso had at that time a much slower ferrari than redbull and he nearly win the championships twice against a car 1 s faster driving by the same vettel