2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Zynerji

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Didn't Ferrari lose the killer strategist that they had a few years ago? I think they NEED to get her back!

zeph

tpeman wrote:
25 May 2019, 16:52
fouad1979 wrote:
25 May 2019, 16:09
tpeman wrote:
25 May 2019, 15:26

You should count stress as well. Alonso was making quite a lot of mistakes in his Ferrari years as well, yet it wasn't as commented as Vettel's mistakes. Vettel is so much more under pressure than Hamilton. Hamilton's mistake would be a breath of fresh air, Vettel's mistake is another 1-2 for Mercedes. Same was with Alonso back in the Red Bull era.
Ur talking about massa man what alonso did in his ferrari years is unbelievable in the same level of schumacher without titles
No, I'm not. I'm going to give you several examples - Australia 2010, China 2010, Monaco 2010, Japan 2012, all mistakes, similar to Vettel's.
Also, his qualifying performances that particular season were not always that good.
I am not counting 2011 and 2013, because he didn't really have the car to challenge for the championship.

Now, let's look at 2010's Alonso campaign and Vettel's 2017.
Australia 2010 - Arguably squeezed Button and ended up spinning himself out.
Singapore 2017 - Vettel squeezes (arguably again) Verstappen not knowing Kimi was there, he retired.

China 2010 - False start, was fast enough to win the race, ended up finishing 4th.
Baku 2017 - Gets angry mid race, hits Hamilton, ends up 4th, would have won otherwise.

Monaco 2010 - Crashed in practice and started last.
Mexico 2017 - Hits Hamilton, would have lost the title anyway.

See the similarities? Yet Alonso wasn't criticized the same way Vettel was in 2017. Alonso wouldn't have won 2017.
I agree about 2018, Seb did a lot of mistakes, but most of them were under severe pressure from a faster and stronger competitor than Red Bull in 2010-2013. And unlike back in the Red Bull era, he was the only one who was in the mix with Mercedes. In 2010 and 2012, there were McLaren, Lotus, Mercedes. In 2017 and 2018 - only Red Bull in selected races.
To my knowledge, Alonso has never spun off track, while in the lead, behind the safety car. I think Vettel may be the only one who has ever achieved that. Or crashing into another car on the cool-down lap.

Alonso has made his share of mistakes, but I don't recall any of them being of the completely brain-dead kind.

tpeman

zeph wrote:
25 May 2019, 23:07
tpeman wrote:
fouad1979 wrote:

Ur talking about massa man what alonso did in his ferrari years is unbelievable in the same level of schumacher without titles
No, I'm not. I'm going to give you several examples - Australia 2010, China 2010, Monaco 2010, Japan 2012, all mistakes, similar to Vettel's.
Also, his qualifying performances that particular season were not always that good.
I am not counting 2011 and 2013, because he didn't really have the car to challenge for the championship.

Now, let's look at 2010's Alonso campaign and Vettel's 2017.
Australia 2010 - Arguably squeezed Button and ended up spinning himself out.
Singapore 2017 - Vettel squeezes (arguably again) Verstappen not knowing Kimi was there, he retired.

China 2010 - False start, was fast enough to win the race, ended up finishing 4th.
Baku 2017 - Gets angry mid race, hits Hamilton, ends up 4th, would have won otherwise.

Monaco 2010 - Crashed in practice and started last.
Mexico 2017 - Hits Hamilton, would have lost the title anyway.

See the similarities? Yet Alonso wasn't criticized the same way Vettel was in 2017. Alonso wouldn't have won 2017.
I agree about 2018, Seb did a lot of mistakes, but most of them were under severe pressure from a faster and stronger competitor than Red Bull in 2010-2013. And unlike back in the Red Bull era, he was the only one who was in the mix with Mercedes. In 2010 and 2012, there were McLaren, Lotus, Mercedes. In 2017 and 2018 - only Red Bull in selected races.
To my knowledge, Alonso has never spun off track, while in the lead, behind the safety car. I think Vettel may be the only one who has ever achieved that. Or crashing into another car on the cool-down lap.

Alonso has made his share of mistakes, but I don't recall any of them being of the completely brain-dead kind.
There were many - Hakkinen at Monza, Schumi in Canada. While Alonso didn't spin from the lead, he did crash from P2 in Japan 2007, eventually this costing him the championship. Hamilton almost crashed out in Spa 2010, in a very similar way to Vettel. He was lucky enough to touch the wall and get going. Conditions were exactly the same as Germany 2018.

Also, the way things were going, Vettel wasn't going to win. He would have been eventually passed by Hamilton or fallen behind him due to a pit stop. Like a said in the post above, SV did his share of mistakes in 2018, but I was mainly talking about 2017.
Last edited by tpeman on 25 May 2019, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.

Cannonballer

tpeman wrote:
fouad1979 wrote:
tpeman wrote:
25 May 2019, 15:26

You should count stress as well. Alonso was making quite a lot of mistakes in his Ferrari years as well, yet it wasn't as commented as Vettel's mistakes. Vettel is so much more under pressure than Hamilton. Hamilton's mistake would be a breath of fresh air, Vettel's mistake is another 1-2 for Mercedes. Same was with Alonso back in the Red Bull era.
Are really comparing Vettel losing his mind mid-race and deliberately crashing his car into Hamilton with having Alonso having a false start? GMAFB
Wazari wrote: There's a saying in Japan, He might be higher than testicles on a giraffe...........

tpeman

Cannonballer wrote:
25 May 2019, 23:23
tpeman wrote:
fouad1979 wrote:

Are really comparing Vettel losing his mind mid-race and deliberately crashing his car into Hamilton with having Alonso having a false start? GMAFB
No, I was counting the mistakes made and count-wise they were equal. Alonso did a similar thing with Petrov after the Abu Dhabi race in 2010, didn't he? Actually not, my mistake, he was simply waving at him. What I'm trying to say is Vettel is getting way too much criticism for things that have been done before. He said he was sorry, he understood his mistake, he admitted that he let the team down, yet people still keep shoving the mistakes made in his face when it's already over. I don't remember that harsh of an attitude towards a driver.

Cannonballer

tpeman wrote:
25 May 2019, 23:28
Cannonballer wrote:
25 May 2019, 23:23
tpeman wrote:

No, I was counting the mistakes made and count-wise they were equal. Alonso did a similar thing with Petrov after the Abu Dhabi race in 2010, didn't he? Actually not, my mistake, he was simply waving at him. What I'm trying to say is Vettel is getting way too much criticism for things that have been done before. He said he was sorry, he understood his mistake, he admitted that he let the team down, yet people still keep shoving the mistakes made in his face when it's already over. I don't remember that harsh of an attitude towards a driver.
There is no way Vettel deserves the same amount of criticism for ramming his car into Hamilton as Alonso does for a false start. If you don't see why, there is no point in further discussion.
Wazari wrote: There's a saying in Japan, He might be higher than testicles on a giraffe...........

zoroastar

alonso would never do what vettel did last year. im sorry. racing happens, and everyone makes mistakes, but the argument can be made that vettel single handedly lost the title by himself last year. a crash in the middle of the season that ended up losing a championship (ala alonso in 2010) cant be compared to mistakes happening all season, therefore he loses any chance at the title (ala vettel 2018). i would trust alonsos racecraft vs vettels any day of the week. and i like vettel.

no close championship ever, CANT be made different with ifs ands or buts. last year was close until vettel and ferrari made it not close.

selvam_e2002

It seems history repeating again to Vettel.... what happen to Alonso in 2010 and 2012, it is happening to Vettel! I hope he will not drive for ferrari in 2020 if he do then not for 2021.

Schuttelberg

All drivers, great as they are make mistakes. All of us on this forum, have made mistakes in our lives. The only difference is that our professional and personal lives are not under a microscope. Anyone who does not empathise with these guys, is surely living a high ground or in a bubble which will soon burst.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Ringleheim

PS: The Q1 debacle today reminds me of the state of affairs in Maranello when Domenicali was running the show.

Ferrari used to make all types of boneheaded mistakes back in those days. Then they fired everyone and the team got better.

Now they seem to have regressed. Whatever is the ultimate cause of these errors this season, there they are. It's obvious what they are doing is not working.

Changes need to be made and it's not too early to implement them this season.

ALL DEVELOPMENT on this year's car should be frozen as well. All money/time/resources should be going in to the 2020 car at this point.

Well, maybe with the exception of developing a "Monza special" so they can save some face on home soil. The Ferrari should go very well at Monza this year anyway.

This season is done...time to sort out their management structure and get the 2020 car right is now.

LM10

selvam_e2002 wrote:
26 May 2019, 07:49
It seems history repeating again to Vettel.... what happen to Alonso in 2010 and 2012, it is happening to Vettel! I hope he will not drive for ferrari in 2020 if he do then not for 2021.
Can’t put in words how annoying you are. Every damn race weekend Mercedes wipes the floor with Ferrari and Red Bull, yet there is only one person you’re talking about and that’s Vettel. I don’t know what’s going on in your mind, but I sincerely hope you know that your beloved Alonso would be no single factor in turning things to positive at Ferrari right now. He would comfortably sit in his cockpit and watch Mercedes get 1-2 every race as well.

How did this Alonso-Ferrari story even start? If any, he will return to McLaren, not Ferrari.

z.topoln

Ringleheim wrote:PS: The Q1 debacle today reminds me of the state of affairs in Maranello when Domenicali was running the show.

Ferrari used to make all types of boneheaded mistakes back in those days. Then they fired everyone and the team got better.

Now they seem to have regressed. Whatever is the ultimate cause of these errors this season, there they are. It's obvious what they are doing is not working.

Changes need to be made and it's not too early to implement them this season.

ALL DEVELOPMENT on this year's car should be frozen as well. All money/time/resources should be going in to the 2020 car at this point.

Well, maybe with the exception of developing a "Monza special" so they can save some face on home soil. The Ferrari should go very well at Monza this year anyway.

This season is done...time to sort out their management structure and get the 2020 car right is now.
Yes, that way they will not find out what is wrong with this car, so they can have same problem next year?

Work on the car, get it working, then put that knowledge to use next year.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Fer.Fan

Hi

Any updates on the car for this race in Monaco?

GoranF1

Team Principal : Stefano Domenichali
Driver n1: Fernando Alonso
Driver n2: Kimi Raikonnen
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

wickedz50

GoranF1 wrote:
26 May 2019, 09:49
Team Principal : Stefano Domenichali
Driver n1: Fernando Alonso
Driver n2: Kimi Raikonnen
This change is for 2020 win or another 2nd or 3rd place championship position.... there is no point looking back...set a realistic target and hire right promising people and develop talent ... there is no short cut