2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LM10

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

wickedz50 wrote:
26 May 2019, 12:44
GoranF1 wrote:
26 May 2019, 09:49
Team Principal : Stefano Domenichali
Driver n1: Fernando Alonso
Driver n2: Kimi Raikonnen
This change is for 2020 win or another 2nd or 3rd place championship position.... there is no point looking back...set a realistic target and hire right promising people and develop talent ... there is no short cut
GoranF1 is a known troll here.

Capharol

he would even put Alonso in a Ferrari if Alonso is 75 years old

Schuttelberg

Ferrari need to get Wheatley & Monaghan. These guys are from RBR and it wouldn't be a bad idea to make Wheatley team boss. He's never becoming that while Horner is at RBR and I think he's a fantastic director/manager. Easily good enough to run a F1 team on his own. Paul Monaghan can run race operations while Binotto can design as he does best. I think these 2 signings will improve a lot of Ferrari's issues.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

gdanielwesley

Schuttelberg wrote:Ferrari need to get Wheatley & Monaghan. These guys are from RBR and it wouldn't be a bad idea to make Wheatley team boss. He's never becoming that while Horner is at RBR and I think he's a fantastic director/manager. Easily good enough to run a F1 team on his own. Paul Monaghan can run race operations while Binotto can design as he does best. I think these 2 signings will improve a lot of Ferrari's issues.
But they aren't italian are they?

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

vogonvader

I think some of you might oppose what I'm about to say heavily and I really don't know if my rationale is reasonable but just hear this out.

I think Ferrari, and all the teams, should be employing native english speakers as their head of strategy and their race engineers. This might come off stupid and irrelevant at first but I've been thinking about it for a while and I cannot decide if it's really a thing or not.

Almost all F1 teams now are multinational companies that employs people from all around the world and almost all the time afaik english is, the universal medium of communication between team personnel, be it Mercedes or Ferrari, which is like a hypernationalistic company serving for their land and gives utmost importance to Italian. So in a medium like that being a native english speaker with good communication skills I think is a huge, very huge advantage because it seems to me being the head of strategy in a team does not simply require assessing the situation well, being aware of your team and rivals, optimizing the strategies, taking reasonable risks at the right moments but I think it also asks for good management of personnel around you and that takes good communication to begin with.

Now with that being said, I don't mean in any way that a non native english speaker guy cannot be succesful at his job as the head of strategy but I mean that it would be harder for him to execute his job than a native english speaker.

Schuttelberg

gdanielwesley wrote:
26 May 2019, 14:21
Schuttelberg wrote:Ferrari need to get Wheatley & Monaghan. These guys are from RBR and it wouldn't be a bad idea to make Wheatley team boss. He's never becoming that while Horner is at RBR and I think he's a fantastic director/manager. Easily good enough to run a F1 team on his own. Paul Monaghan can run race operations while Binotto can design as he does best. I think these 2 signings will improve a lot of Ferrari's issues.
But they aren't italian are they?

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
I don't think that's a criteria for the team. Don't know if you're trying to be funny or actually meaning something with that post?
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

GoranF1

At the moment all Ferrari needs is Alonso even if he is 76 years old. The car is good for wins.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Scorpaguy

Bino is confident his car will perform well at the Bonneville GP.

LM10

Scorpaguy wrote:
26 May 2019, 20:25
I guess you mean Le Castellet? I've read that there are changes coming for the French GP, as well. It was 4 days ago.
Is there any new source you could share, please?

Scorpaguy

LM10 wrote:
26 May 2019, 21:10
Scorpaguy wrote:
26 May 2019, 20:25
I guess you mean Le Castellet? I've read that there are changes coming for the French GP, as well. It was 4 days ago.
Is there any new source you could share, please?
...no. Sorry, still frustrated. I was making a sarcastic remark referring to the straightline speed test in America...Bonneville Salt Flats. It seems that facility's lack of turns would suit the no-downforce Ferrari.

Jambier

Vettel is driving in a better way now that he is not fighting anymore for the world title.
More relax, less stupid errors

Bill

Vettel?how many crashes did he have during the weekend

MtthsMlw

Bill wrote:
27 May 2019, 12:10
Vettel?how many crashes did he have during the weekend
None when it mattered.

Jambier

Well he had in FP3, it can happen

And in qualy he tried too much maybe, but after that it was OK

I'm quite fan of Leclerc, but he is too agressive and destroy his own races - of course not helped by the team -
He have to relax

mika vs michael

Ferrari does not Alonso. What Ferrari needs is to look back at the 1996-2000 years...Back then Schumacher joined the team and brought with him valuable partners like Brawn Byrne etc.Since 1996 every year Ferrari was building a better and better car year by year and then in 2000 they made it...to win the first WDC since 1979. Already in 1999 won the WCC...
They need to outgrow Mercedes...History had to repeat itself in a way and Vettel bring a few bright minds from Redbull to Ferrari. but...
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent