2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Thunder18
Thunder18

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

NL_Fer wrote:
26 May 2019, 19:46
Did anybody notice how smooth Hamilton exited the corner into the tunnel? Verstappen was wrestling more and you could hear the engine hessitating, while Hamilton was dissapearing into the tunnel.
Hamilton was on the softer tyre and had better rear end traction hence Max struggling to get the power down and being a bit more loose. It was It was Hamilton's front tyres that degraded badly, not the rears.

etusch

Jambier

Maybe it can be realistic to chase down Ferrari now.

Chassis look great, but maybe straight line speed will be an issue in Canada ? Let's see

shin
shin

It will be hard with Gasly performances.

Maplesoup
Maplesoup

Thunder18 wrote:
27 May 2019, 11:31
NL_Fer wrote:
Did anybody notice how smooth Hamilton exited the corner into the tunnel? Verstappen was wrestling more and you could hear the engine hessitating, while Hamilton was dissapearing into the tunnel.
Hamilton was on the softer tyre and had better rear end traction hence Max struggling to get the power down and being a bit more loose. It was It was Hamilton's front tyres that degraded badly, not the rears.
Max was stuck in the wrong torque setting after his pit stop. Which made the throttle closer to an on off switch. So that's probably why.

Thunder18
Thunder18

Yeah, that's something I hadn't found out before posting, but the tyre thing is something Anthony Davidson said too and they have access to the team radios and mentioned nothing about wrong settings during the race.

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

I suspect Mercedes also gained some rear traction in de the suspension design. They were burning rear tyres during the races in 2013. They seem to manage it in 2014-2018, but this year they are so quick in slow corners. Redbull suspension designers have some homework to do.

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

Jambier wrote:
27 May 2019, 15:33

Chassis look great, but maybe straight line speed will be an issue in Canada ? Let's see
Tanabe's tweet implied possible performance upgrades on canada. Lets see

loner

Jaisonas wrote:
27 May 2019, 21:02
Jambier wrote:
27 May 2019, 15:33

Tanabe's tweet implied possible performance upgrades on canada. Lets see
Canada is the normal schedule for first upgraded PU .
thats what honda say about the setup in their site
The 2018 Canadian Grand Prix saw our first Engine upgrade of the season. What we saw was positive, with some nice overtakes coming in the race showing that we’d taken a right step forward.
was Baku spec considered as the usual first upgrade .. well i don't think so.
para bellum.

Sieper

Does anybody know If Max’ first PU was a write off after the oil leaking out If it in spain? Albert Fabregas has confirmed that straight after the fact but I never heared anything official. Max was allowed mode 7 for quite Some laps yesterday in Monaco I think it is Fair to say that he will be getting a new unit in Canada.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Sieper wrote:
27 May 2019, 23:20
Does anybody know If Max’ first PU was a write off after the oil leaking out If it in spain? Albert Fabregas has confirmed that straight after the fact but I never heared anything official. Max was allowed mode 7 for quite Some laps yesterday in Monaco I think it is Fair to say that he will be getting a new unit in Canada.
Mode 7 around the streets of Monaco shouldn't be that much of a strain on the PU. Besides, the Baku upgrade was to allow them run those higher modes for longer, so I feel there won't be an issue for PU life. Especially since previous race was Barcelona, which is also on the lower spectrum of power demands. But you never know, they may have other plans and indeed bring an update. It's good to note that it's also possible to bring more power without using new elements. It could be restricted to software, engine mapping, fuel or all of the above.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

ThumbsUp
ThumbsUp

Thunder18 wrote:
NL_Fer wrote:
I bet it also diddn't helped Max that he was on the wrong "start throttle" mapping for the whole race. I bet thats why Lewis had that big advantage comming into the tunnel.

https://www.racefans.net/2019/05/26/ver ... t-of-race/

Thunder18
Thunder18

ThumbsUp wrote:
28 May 2019, 10:44
Thunder18 wrote:
NL_Fer wrote:
I bet it also diddn't helped Max that he was on the wrong "start throttle" mapping for the whole race. I bet thats why Lewis had that big advantage comming into the tunnel.

See my next post....

ThumbsUp
ThumbsUp

Thunder18 wrote:
28 May 2019, 11:44
ThumbsUp wrote:
28 May 2019, 10:44
Thunder18 wrote:

See my next post....
Must have missed the post.. Sorry for the double post then! ;)

Wouter

No news in this article except the last sentence, which sounds good.

https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/clm/mot ... _split_10/

ホンダの優勝は、もうすぐそこまで来てはいる。だが、その頂点までの最後の一歩は、決して容易な一歩ではなさそうだ。

"Honda's victory is coming up soon. But the last step to the top is by no means an easy step."

More and more statements indicate that Honda is coming to Canada with a new spec with a major upgrade.
I assume that more power will be released gradually.
The Power of Dreams!