2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LM10

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

izzy

it's great to hear all the stuff we don't get in the race

digitalrurouni

Seriously I don't know how that YouTube channel sources those radio messages but it's so freaking awesome. We need more of this in the actual broadcast lol. Though of course I understand the reason why they are not all broadcasted.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Just_a_fan

I love how the "blue flags" calls start off calm, just telling race control exactly how close he is and then as it all gets a bit "will we, won't we get there" at the end it's shouty swearing calls as the pressure builds.

These radio call edits are really good to show how much of a relationship there is between driver and engineer during the race.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

bosyber

digitalrurouni wrote:
29 May 2019, 20:41
Seriously I don't know how that YouTube channel sources those radio messages but it's so freaking awesome. We need more of this in the actual broadcast lol. Though of course I understand the reason why they are not all broadcasted.
I think it might be the audio is taken from the F1tv Hamilton onboard channel, with some cuts 'context' left in editing around the radio conversations. Well done, and nice to have.

Mattchu

How good a race engineer is Pete Bonnigton. The guy is just calmness personified in every situation, gives the relevent information at all times (which all will do) but also says things like "abrasion band" instead of graining so as not to spook the driver, making him feel like he`s not the only one struggling with the tyres, advising him to use engine braking/diff settings more to help.
Having him as your corner guy must benefit more than any of us can probably imagine.
Really good listening to that considering all the external factors, Nikis passing, it`s Monoco, Max up his proverbial, it`s Monoco...

LM10

Ola Källenius, new chairman of Daimler Group, confirmed that Mercedes will continue participating in F1 until at least 2025.

pb6797

Mattchu wrote:
30 May 2019, 22:32
How good a race engineer is Pete Bonnigton. The guy is just calmness personified in every situation, gives the relevent information at all times (which all will do) but also says things like "abrasion band" instead of graining so as not to spook the driver, making him feel like he`s not the only one struggling with the tyres, advising him to use engine braking/diff settings more to help.
Having him as your corner guy must benefit more than any of us can probably imagine.
Really good listening to that considering all the external factors, Nikis passing, it`s Monoco, Max up his proverbial, it`s Monoco...
It was interesting to me how there didn't seem to be a great deal of coaching compared with radio transmissions to other drivers that I've heard in the past, which seemed to be full of things such as "you're slow on the exit from turn 4, take a different line, brake later into turn 6" etc. Maybe Monaco just doesn't have enough room for there to be any need for that sort of coaching.

Morteza

Lewis was a guest on Netflix' My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman. His episode was released yesterday. It is good fun, and here's a teaser
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Wynters

***Sincere apologies to LM10. I didn't see his post at the top of this page.***
Last edited by Wynters on 09 Jun 2019, 03:21, edited 1 time in total.

dans79

A good look at the teams front suspension philosophy.

197 104 103 7

dans79

197 104 103 7