2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
izzy
21
User avatar
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 9:28 pm

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by izzy » Thu May 30, 2019 9:06 pm

dans79 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:50 pm
izzy wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:43 pm
Sessions vary, you can't simply rank the times across one to another.
Then your point is invalid as well, because his fp3 time isn't relevant during qualifying (different session).
My point is just that there's not a lot of reason to think Seb feels totally supported by his team, so that he won't feel like retiring. personally i'm not really expecting him to retire but we could easily guess Ferrari are thinking 'there's no point making a great car if we're going to put Seb in it'. That's how bad his last 2.3 years have been

in Monaco Charles was their top gun, not Seb. we saw Mattia putting his arm round Seb but Seb won't be feeling as loved as Max and Lewis will he?

SmallSoldier
83
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:54 am

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by SmallSoldier » Thu May 30, 2019 11:30 pm

izzy wrote:
dans79 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:50 pm
izzy wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:43 pm
Sessions vary, you can't simply rank the times across one to another.
Then your point is invalid as well, because his fp3 time isn't relevant during qualifying (different session).
My point is just that there's not a lot of reason to think Seb feels totally supported by his team, so that he won't feel like retiring. personally i'm not really expecting him to retire but we could easily guess Ferrari are thinking 'there's no point making a great car if we're going to put Seb in it'. That's how bad his last 2.3 years have been

in Monaco Charles was their top gun, not Seb. we saw Mattia putting his arm round Seb but Seb won't be feeling as loved as Max and Lewis will he?
The team has more than showed his support for Vettel in terms of team orders and have publicly said that Sebastian is their number 1 driver... What more support than that?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

izzy
21
User avatar
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 9:28 pm

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by izzy » Thu May 30, 2019 11:55 pm

SmallSoldier wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:30 pm

The team has more than showed his support for Vettel in terms of team orders and have publicly said that Sebastian is their number 1 driver... What more support than that?
yes quite right as far as it goes but what's Charles doing there? And yes Mattia is doing his best but still I don't see how we can say Seb feels totally supported when he wasn't allowed Kimi, and what they say in public isn't any kind of guide. It's a top, top team competing with Mercedes and Red Bull and how can they feel Seb is on that level? They're trying to make the best of it, sure, but to the point of him not wanting to retire with feeling so supported? I don't see it. Charles is their new No1 it's just a question of when. i mean Seb has his chances still it's not unfair or anything but the history of the last 2.3 years says the team must be fed up. How can they not be?

Sevach
800
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by Sevach » Fri May 31, 2019 3:28 am

Raleigh wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:01 pm
Lots of sites talking about Simone Resta returning to Ferrari to take over chassis design again.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14360 ... -from-alfa
That move was more than a little optimistic, "despite you doing a good job for us we are gonna give you to to the B team, the other guys got this", crazy.

The fact that Binotto is now team principal instead of full tech focus just compounded this.

zoroastar
17
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:04 am

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by zoroastar » Fri May 31, 2019 6:01 am

theyll show respect to seb no matter what. especially in the open. they are probably always looking at alternatives, its just a matter of how serious they are about making a change. contracts can be dealt with. it would be interesting to see how many ferrari driver contracts have been "edited" before they ended. if seb really wanted to retire, he could probably get paid his salary for 2020 if ferrari truly did want a different driver and vettel and his management team played their cards right.

i doubt that he really wants to retire, but he probably also doesnt want to deal with a lot of pressure and drama.

wickedz50
2
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:32 am

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by wickedz50 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:53 am

Sevach wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:28 am
Raleigh wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:01 pm
Lots of sites talking about Simone Resta returning to Ferrari to take over chassis design again.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14360 ... -from-alfa
That move was more than a little optimistic, "despite you doing a good job for us we are gonna give you to to the B team, the other guys got this", crazy.

The fact that Binotto is now team principal instead of full tech focus just compounded this.
Without having his moved officially can not Ferrari still take his insight and suggestion to fix the curreny issue with their car...Sauber is afterall Ferrari B team....unofficially use his expertise .... use everything available and its a fire fighting situation down at Ferrari....
Seb or without Seb...Ferrari needs to win as fast as possible...2007 is now pre-historic time now....

selvam_e2002
-3
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:52 am

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by selvam_e2002 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:54 am

I fully support Vettel here because in qualifying he beaten Lec by 5:1. Vettel is fast compared to Lec. Lec still young and making lots of mistake and also his side racing engineer as well.

Lec is not new to F1 he been there Ferrari sister team 1 year and completed 6 race with Ferrari. But Ferrari lost lots of point due to this young kid. Just think if Kimi in Lec place, Kimi would won lots of point for ferrari.

You cannot have a person who willing to loose the point for the team and try to showcase his talent. I see more pressure on Lec side instead of Vettel. Lec has to prove that he is a good drive but he is making lot of mistakes. It is not good for Ferrari as a team.

I feel that if ferrari performance still continues similar way, they lose position with RB in driver and constructor points.

jumpingfish
2
User avatar
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:19 pm
Location: Ru

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by jumpingfish » Fri May 31, 2019 8:37 am

izzy wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:55 pm

I don't see how we can say Seb feels totally supported when he wasn't allowed Kimi
I don't agree with that. Charles came because he is talented driver and it was confirmed in F2 and Sauber. What was wrong with Kimi - his mistakes in Qualy-3, IMO he was not so good there :(

Sevach
800
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by Sevach » Fri May 31, 2019 9:51 am

wickedz50 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:53 am
Sevach wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:28 am
Raleigh wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:01 pm
Lots of sites talking about Simone Resta returning to Ferrari to take over chassis design again.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14360 ... -from-alfa
That move was more than a little optimistic, "despite you doing a good job for us we are gonna give you to to the B team, the other guys got this", crazy.

The fact that Binotto is now team principal instead of full tech focus just compounded this.
Without having his moved officially can not Ferrari still take his insight and suggestion to fix the curreny issue with their car...Sauber is afterall Ferrari B team....unofficially use his expertise .... use everything available and its a fire fighting situation down at Ferrari....
Seb or without Seb...Ferrari needs to win as fast as possible...2007 is now pre-historic time now....
I don't think he can solve things in 30 minutes like this, he would need to be full time in Maranello.

izzy
21
User avatar
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 9:28 pm

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by izzy » Fri May 31, 2019 10:54 am

jumpingfish wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 8:37 am
izzy wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:55 pm

I don't see how we can say Seb feels totally supported when he wasn't allowed Kimi
I don't agree with that. Charles came because he is talented driver and it was confirmed in F2 and Sauber. What was wrong with Kimi - his mistakes in Qualy-3, IMO he was not so good there :(
Yes there were good reasons for Ferrari to put Charles in instead of Kimi, but he's the youngest Ferrari driver since whenever isn't he and Seb pretty much said he wanted Kimi to stay. Charles is the young superstar-to-be and Kimi was the Seb comfort zone. So they've challenged Seb, basically, is how i see it, more than giving him unconditional love that might have encouraged him not to retire

Jolle
155
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm
Location: Dordrecht

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by Jolle » Fri May 31, 2019 11:42 am

Ferrari has always been tough with their senior/first driver and very loyal towards their second. Massa and Kimi (in his second stint) couldn't do much wrong, while Kimi (in his first stint), Alonso and Vettel were/are under pressure to perform. Don't think this is ia bad thing. Being Ferrari's first driver doesn't come with just privileges, they put the pressure on you!

Scorpaguy
9
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:05 am

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by Scorpaguy » Fri May 31, 2019 6:03 pm

...last time I checked, the last victory for Big Red was served by Mr. Kimi.

..and as I recall it was a superb drive in the 3rd fastest car, 2018 USGP.

vogonvader
1
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:18 pm

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by vogonvader » Fri May 31, 2019 7:21 pm

Scorpaguy wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:03 pm
...last time I checked, the last victory for Big Red was served by Mr. Kimi.

..and as I recall it was a superb drive in the 3rd fastest car, 2018 USGP.
I don't want to take away anything from Kimi's win but you seem you want to add a lot more meaning to it than it already has. Yes he's the latest race winner of team Ferrari and 'twas a superb drive from him that day but with this logic of yours do we get to praise Mr. Maldonado thanks to his superb and outstanding drive at Spanish GP and say he's the best Williams driver of the recent? I highly doubt if Vettel was to miss out on even a single victory for 4 years and then get one at the end of his Ferrari run, he would be praised as Mr. Vettel and all his past performances would be forgotten, I very much doubt it. One last thing Ferrari was weak in the second round of the season compared to rivals but they weren't the 3rd fastest car in United States.

...and the last time I did check Vettel brought home like something 13 of Ferrari's last 14 wins home

Scorpaguy
9
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:05 am

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by Scorpaguy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:07 am

vogonvader wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:21 pm
Scorpaguy wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:03 pm
...last time I checked, the last victory for Big Red was served by Mr. Kimi.

..and as I recall it was a superb drive in the 3rd fastest car, 2018 USGP.
I don't want to take away anything from Kimi's win but you seem you want to add a lot more meaning to it than it already has. Yes he's the latest race winner of team Ferrari and 'twas a superb drive from him that day but with this logic of yours do we get to praise Mr. Maldonado thanks to his superb and outstanding drive at Spanish GP and say he's the best Williams driver of the recent? I highly doubt if Vettel was to miss out on even a single victory for 4 years and then get one at the end of his Ferrari run, he would be praised as Mr. Vettel and all his past performances would be forgotten, I very much doubt it. One last thing Ferrari was weak in the second round of the season compared to rivals but they weren't the 3rd fastest car in United States.

...and the last time I did check Vettel brought home like something 13 of Ferrari's last 14 wins home
VGV...good points all. Please note my original post was supposed to have one more line:

"...all of which under the direction of Arri."

Darn phone I guess. I was in no way referring to Kimi being better than Vet,but I would aver that he could have had a few more wins if not for his team player attitude (Monaco at least). What I was trying to infer (ineptly) is that this team is a shadow of its 2018 form.

However, I stand by my belief of the Red Machine being the third best car...from the 2018 Japan till present. As for Kimi's win, likely would not have happened if not for the Max/Ham fight in the final laps...both cars were rapidly closing in the final laps.

LM10
48
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by LM10 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:42 pm

Ferrari will bring a new front wing to France which will generate more downforce, without changing the outwash philosophy.