2019 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal June 7-9

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasconia

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Finally a race where Ferrari should and must be competite. Next three races are essential for the Scuderia to fight back, if not the season would be 100% lost .

Anwyay, I don´t expect them to dominate though I hope both Vettel and Leclerc can fight for the victory. But the Mercedes is a best in terms of traction and they are supposed to bring an updated PU so... :roll:

GPR-A

Bill wrote:
02 Jun 2019, 18:58
https://i.imgur.com/sEVQGcW.png

This provides data from china race the information is there if want it shows Rbr great late breaking
What exactly is great here? Speed at the braking of Turn 14? If so, Hamilton was faster than Bottas at that stage of the qualifying. Refer the video here (Hamilton Vs Bottas pole). Bottas was faster after Turn 14 and into Turn 16, which gave him pole. But for most of the lap, it was Hamilton who was ahead, especially in critical breaking zones. So if you can get Lewis' numbers, then add to that table and then measure. Like I said, it's all about driver when it comes to braking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtpHho2pDMM

iotar__

GPR -A wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 10:44
Bill wrote:
02 Jun 2019, 18:58
https://i.imgur.com/sEVQGcW.png

This provides data from china race the information is there if want it shows Rbr great late breaking
What exactly is great here? Speed at the braking of Turn 14? If so, A. Hamilton was faster than Bottas at that stage of the qualifying. Refer the video here (Hamilton Vs Bottas pole). Bottas was faster after Turn 14 and into Turn 16, which gave him pole. B. But for most of the lap, it was Hamilton who was ahead, especially in critical breaking zones. So if you can get Lewis' numbers, then add to that table and then measure. C. Like I said, it's all about driver when it comes to braking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtpHho2pDMM
Here we go again =P~ :
- A. Who cares? Style, setup, better-worse part. You only draw conclusion you like e.i no "he was rubbish" in high speed (or whatever) part. I guess it's not "up to driver" in those corners, car drives itself :roll: .
- B. They were not that critical if they don't give you the fastest lap. I understand pretenses of context but it's still BS.
- C. Clearly the best cars might be of some assistance.

Anyway who cares about RB's made up advantages, they will be third best.

GPR-A

iotar__ wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 11:28
Here we go again =P~ :
- A. Who cares? Style, setup, better-worse part. You only draw conclusion you like e.i no "he was rubbish" in high speed (or whatever) part. I guess it's not "up to driver" in those corners, car drives itself :roll: .
- B. They were not that critical if they don't give you the fastest lap. I understand pretenses of context but it's still BS.

So typical of iotar_ BS. Good job for contributing to the discussion. I know you would jump into any criticism of a driver competing against Hamilton. Let's have that chat for another day.

waynes

Charles win. Not based on anything other than hope.

TAG

It better not have anything to do with the driver, 7 poles and 6 wins or something along those lines in Canada. If Ferrari does not win this weekend, we might see Vettel competing in the Indy 500 for Ferrari next year.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Jolle

waynes wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 13:13
Charles win. Not based on anything other than hope.
If you squint your eyes hard enough there is a bit of Gilles in him...

dans79

GPR -A wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 11:58
iotar__ wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 11:28
Here we go again =P~ :

So typical of iotar_ BS. Good job for contributing to the discussion. I know you would jump into any criticism of a driver competing against Hamilton. Let's have that chat for another day.
It's best, to not even acknowledge his existence!
197 104 103 7

yelistener

I don't remember Red Bull being better than Mercedes in any aspect in terms of car performance this year. I mean, aren't the 6 happened races enough to conclude that?

The only aspect they lost to anyone is that they lose engine power to Ferrari, hence those corners that decided by engine power such as Spain T9.

GPR-A

I have a feeling that, we are going to see a Hamilton dominance for the next 4 races! This is generally the phase where he begins his championship assault. Last year, Ferrari were very strong in this phase of the season and Mercedes were struggling with the Hypersoft and it seems like the situation is quite the opposite now. The question is, has Ferrari found the fix to their car problems and can they pose the stop the Mercedes dominance?

dans79

GPR -A wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 17:42
The question is, has Ferrari found the fix to their car problems and can they pose the stop the Mercedes dominance?
doesn't sound like it.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14384 ... ear-future
Ferrari brought aerodynamic upgrades to the Azerbaijan and Spanish GPs, and also fast-tracked a new engine for the Barcelona event, but team principal Mattia Binotto said there was nothing similar planned for this weekend's Canadian GP or the immediate future.

"We know we're not competitive enough right now and, for the time being, we haven't got any more changes coming on the car that will have a significant effect on the problems we have encountered since the start of the season," he said.
Asked by Autosport if he felt Canada offered cause for optimism, Binotto said: "I think it's very difficult to judge.

"I think we will be in a better shape compared to Barcelona, but they [Mercedes] have still got the best car and the strongest car at the moment.

"They are still the ones that should be ahead but maybe the gap will be closer. If there's any opportunity we will be ready to take it."
197 104 103 7

LM10

GPR -A wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 17:42
I have a feeling that, we are going to see a Hamilton dominance for the next 4 races! This is generally the phase where he begins his championship assault. Last year, Ferrari were very strong in this phase of the season and Mercedes were struggling with the Hypersoft and it seems like the situation is quite the opposite now. The question is, has Ferrari found the fix to their car problems and can they pose the stop the Mercedes dominance?
Well, the sad thing is that there already is a Mercedes dominance. So, if Hamilton starts dominating, the only thing which is gonna change to current situation is that he will start dominating his own team mate.
Other drivers and cars are already being dominated by the Mercedes W10.

cooken

Seems to me the major long back straight where Ferrari is most likely to exercise their apparent straight line speed advantage is preceded by a slow hairpin. I suspect if Mercedes keep their low speed corner advantage it will be very much in effect here, and therefore the Ferrari's will spend more time on that straight eliminating a deficit than pulling ahead.

dans79

cooken wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 18:41
Seems to me the major long back straight where Ferrari is most likely to exercise their apparent straight line speed advantage is preceded by a slow hairpin. I suspect if Mercedes keep their low speed corner advantage it will be very much in effect here, and therefore the Ferrari's will spend more time on that straight eliminating a deficit than pulling ahead.
Even that will depend on how much more HP the new Merc PU brings with it, and how much DF Merc can live with removing.
197 104 103 7

Restomaniac

izzy wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 00:11
Big Tea wrote:
02 Jun 2019, 23:28
It may be mind games, but I really do think Hamilton has not been up to his full game this season.
But, having said that, we do not know if it is because of Bottas mind games that he has not.

Bottas has defiantly upped his game.
Valtteri can be very quick, but he's not an all-court relentless racer like Lewis. Also Valtteri does better until Lewis gets his front end really sharp.

What do you think about the theory that Lewis' exaggerated theatrics about his tyres in Monaco was aimed at Max, getting him to wait for Lewis to pit or completely run out of tyre, instead of making a lunge? I like that idea, tho we'll probably never actually know.
Then why did Hamilton feel the need to give a shower to Bono, Vowels and a load of laptops post race. Not normal behaviour that.