2019 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal June 7-9

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
izzy

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Restomaniac wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 23:07
izzy wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 00:11
Big Tea wrote:
02 Jun 2019, 23:28
It may be mind games, but I really do think Hamilton has not been up to his full game this season.
But, having said that, we do not know if it is because of Bottas mind games that he has not.

Bottas has defiantly upped his game.
Valtteri can be very quick, but he's not an all-court relentless racer like Lewis. Also Valtteri does better until Lewis gets his front end really sharp.

What do you think about the theory that Lewis' exaggerated theatrics about his tyres in Monaco was aimed at Max, getting him to wait for Lewis to pit or completely run out of tyre, instead of making a lunge? I like that idea, tho we'll probably never actually know.
Then why did Hamilton feel the need to give a shower to Bono, Vowels and a load of laptops post race. Not normal behaviour that.
Is there a connection? Obviously the tyre was a mistake and they all had a grin about it after it turned out alright. it shows how together they are if anything

but most of Lewis' radio was quite calm then there were these bits in it that were basically saying he'd have to pit again, all in a panic, then afterwards he admitted he was never going to pit however bad it got. And all the time he was fending off Max and obviously wishing him not to do something rash and giving him that ray of hope. So it was quite a nice bit of racecraft, maybe. Shame Niki wasn't around to tell everyone

F1Krof

I think we'll finally see a Ferrari win this year. It's gonna be an awesome.
Wroom wroom

Restomaniac

izzy wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 23:42
Restomaniac wrote:
izzy wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 00:11

Valtteri can be very quick, but he's not an all-court relentless racer like Lewis. Also Valtteri does better until Lewis gets his front end really sharp.

What do you think about the theory that Lewis' exaggerated theatrics about his tyres in Monaco was aimed at Max, getting him to wait for Lewis to pit or completely run out of tyre, instead of making a lunge? I like that idea, tho we'll probably never actually know.
Then why did Hamilton feel the need to give a shower to Bono, Vowels and a load of laptops post race. Not normal behaviour that.
Is there a connection? Obviously the tyre was a mistake and they all had a grin about it after it turned out alright. it shows how together they are if anything

but most of Lewis' radio was quite calm then there were these bits in it that were basically saying he'd have to pit again, all in a panic, then afterwards he admitted he was never going to pit however bad it got. And all the time he was fending off Max and obviously wishing him not to do something rash and giving him that ray of hope. So it was quite a nice bit of racecraft, maybe. Shame Niki wasn't around to tell everyone
No Hamilton wasn’t happy. If it was never a problem why that reaction and these words?

Hamilton ‘That’s for making me drive for 67 laps on ******* Medium Tyres’

Bono ‘You said the tyres wouldn’t last 67 laps!’
Hamilton ‘THEY didn’t I did!!!’

Hamilton was obviously narked about it.

Restomaniac

Ferrari need to win here or IMHO it’s all over.

izzy

Restomaniac wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 09:00
izzy wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:

No Hamilton wasn’t happy. If it was never a problem why that reaction and these words?

That's not narked, necessarily, and they're your exclamation marks. I don't know why I can't find any video of it tho? Have you seen one? And it's still a different issue from using the radio tactically on Max

Edit oh it's a Mercedes video, on Twitter, lol that's how narked he was! Cameras and hugs all round, matiest thing ever

Restomaniac

izzy wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 09:24
Restomaniac wrote:
izzy wrote:

That's not narked, necessarily, and they're your exclamation marks. I don't know why I can't find any video of it tho? Have you seen one? And it's still a different issue from using the radio tactically on Max

Edit oh it's a Mercedes video, on Twitter, lol that's how narked he was! Cameras and hugs all round, matiest thing ever
Sorry but a driver doesn’t say ‘THEY didn’t I did’ after the event if it was just 1 master scheme to beat Verstappen no matter how much you try to twist it.

Yep Covering expensive electrical equipment in fluids is obviously standard practice around Mercedes when you just fancy a giggle :roll:

Bill_Kar

Restomaniac wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 09:11
Isn't it over yet?

garygph

Bill_Kar wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 10:33
Restomaniac wrote:
Isn't it over yet?
Really would not want either of you on my dream race team :) :wink:

Dr. Acula

Bill_Kar wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:
Isn't it over yet?
It is.
I think the only question that remains is if Ferrari and/or Redbull put in some true efforts to achieve at least some victories during the remainder of the season or if they simply say "well, screw this the season is lost anyway, let us simply try to consolidate 2nd place in the constructors for the money."

mclaren111

Bill_Kar wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:
Isn't it over yet?

It's over... Unless Ferrari win the next 3 and Merc have 3 DNF's.... :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

TAG

izzy wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 09:24
Restomaniac wrote:
izzy wrote:

If you're going to have this discussion, at least have it in the Monaco thread.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Gerhardsa

Anyone going to the GP this weekend? This will be my first and was wondering how I could get maybe live feed (like they use with the F1 Vision devices, but no longer available at Canada GP) and commentary?

dans79

Gerhardsa wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 16:10
Anyone going to the GP this weekend? This will be my first and was wondering how I could get maybe live feed (like they use with the F1 Vision devices, but no longer available at Canada GP) and commentary?
Use that app to listen.
197 104 103 7

TAG

Gerhardsa wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 16:10
The F1 live app although you're going to get hit with data usage. Where are you sitting? It's not the greatest circuit for general admission. I swear they go out of their way to limit good viewing areas sticking trees and barriers where possible in order to encourage grand stand seating. That being said, there are some really good grandstands.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

dans79

TAG wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 16:59
That being said, there are some really good grandstands.
Yea, I was at the race in 2015, and sitting in the grandstands inside the hairpin was really nice.
197 104 103 7