2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Marti_EF3

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

And that's why the PU sounds that different when exiting low speed corners like I saw on the Barcelona chicane?

Juzh

Marti_EF3 wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 08:22
And that's why the PU sounds that different when exiting low speed corners like I saw on the Barcelona chicane?
that's just wastegates opening. it's been like this a long time now.

Marti_EF3

Juzh wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 11:25
Marti_EF3 wrote:
If you look at the videos I uploaded when the Spain post GP tests, the Mercs are the only team (even the other Merc powered teams don't do it) that do that sound. And the only team too that are on throttle during all exit. That's why I'm asking, because technically I'm an ignorant :?

etusch

"We were a bit limited with that previously, so we are continuously looking for performance and so far I am happy.

“Of course you always want to do better and I think we are really working on that, to always try to improve, because standing still is basically going backwards.”
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kvya ... a/4448299/

loner

updated turbo anyone ?!!
@HondaRacingF1
33m33 minutes ago
More
Interviews in full swing this afternoon 📝 We're also doing some PU prep in the garages but we can't show you that 🚫 You'll just have to trust us...
para bellum.

rogazilla

etusch wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 13:48
"We were a bit limited with that previously, so we are continuously looking for performance and so far I am happy.

“Of course you always want to do better and I think we are really working on that, to always try to improve, because standing still is basically going backwards.”
Just read the link and a little context on the first sentence. It is referenced to oil/fuel sampling with Honda. They are doing a lot more sampling now than previously with Renault.

etusch

rogazilla wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 20:30
etusch wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 13:48

Just read the link and a little context on the first sentence. It is referenced to oil/fuel sampling with Honda. They are doing a lot more sampling now than previously with Renault.
Yep. I think he also can not decided how can be named these.

Juzh

Marti_EF3 wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 12:02
Juzh wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 11:25
Marti_EF3 wrote:
If you look at the videos I uploaded when the Spain post GP tests, the Mercs are the only team (even the other Merc powered teams don't do it) that do that sound. And the only team too that are on throttle during all exit. That's why I'm asking, because technically I'm an ignorant :?
It's testing, not everyone will run freeload modes on the engine (open wastegates). Usually it's only run for quali laps and when overtake button is pressed during the race. If you listen carefully on the onboards all cars will do it to some extent, but some have mics placed so it can be heard much easier, while others not so much.

Alexf1

loner wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 20:25
updated turbo anyone ?!!
@HondaRacingF1
33m33 minutes ago
More
Interviews in full swing this afternoon 📝 We're also doing some PU prep in the garages but we can't show you that 🚫 You'll just have to trust us...
They're turbo teasing for some time now on Twitter and Insta. Hope not just on STR as Guinea pig this weekend.

Alexf1

Guess its left for Tanabe in the press conference tomorrow if there is anything to announce. They would have to make the 3rd turbo last for 7 weekends if they want to let RB tane the 1st penalty in Monza

godlameroso

They have a works partnership with IHI turbos, so I'm sure they've been working on squeezing more out of the turbo. New wheel geometries, housings, wastegate integration, bearings.
Saishū kōnā

Slo Poke

IvailoStefanovBG wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 08:07
@ Slo Poke - Obviously you have something in mind about this "diff magic"mode and " the newer toy behind him sitting in the differential". Can you explain me technically what you think this new toy consists of?
IvailoStefanovBG:
Sorry for any delay. I swear, I’ve only this morning spotted my user name within your comment. Anyways, I do have something in mind concerning diff magic, however I don’t have to think because I actually know. First off, I really don’t want to plaster it on here as yet but I shall in the near future, so please be patient.
In the meantime here’s something for you to ponder on. There’s quite a little menagerie within differentials as you’ll know. Thing is, no matter how instantaneous all the different makers claim their differential is there’s a damned fly that all too often gets in there. Mercedes have found a way to spur one of the full time residents to chase it away. Which resident do you suppose it was; the spider the worm or the dog?

IvailoStefanovBG

Slo Poke wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 13:25
IvailoStefanovBG wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 08:07
@ Slo Poke - Obviously you have something in mind about this "diff magic"mode and " the newer toy behind him sitting in the differential". Can you explain me technically what you think this new toy consists of?
IvailoStefanovBG:
Sorry for any delay. I swear, I’ve only this morning spotted my user name within your comment. Anyways, I do have something in mind concerning diff magic, however I don’t have to think because I actually know. First off, I really don’t want to plaster it on here as yet but I shall in the near future, so please be patient.
In the meantime here’s something for you to ponder on. There’s quite a little menagerie within differentials as you’ll know. Thing is, no matter how instantaneous all the different makers claim their differential is there’s a damned fly that all too often gets in there. Mercedes have found a way to spur one of the full time residents to chase it away. Which resident do you suppose it was; the spider the worm or the dog?
Thank you for the answer. I like your writing style by the way :D .

ispano6

Alexf1 wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 22:49
Guess its left for Tanabe in the press conference tomorrow if there is anything to announce. They would have to make the 3rd turbo last for 7 weekends if they want to let RB tane the 1st penalty in Monza
New ES and ERS according to commentary.