2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
IvailoStefanovBG

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Gasly is ridiculous. Looks like Redbull is teaching F2 driver to be F1 driver. He needed 3 attempts in Q3 and again outqualified by Ric....

McMika98

godlameroso wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 21:30
Silver lining, start on hards. Mediums won't last as long and softs take too much nursing. Well it seems either non soft tire can easily go half distance. Safety car probability is high, maybe good way to gain track position.
Starting hard will be sitting ducks at start and possibly a melee in the few corners.

As for Gaslys pace, he was very underwhelming but i think Honda have bwwn undressed badly and exposed bare. The next few circuits will once again expose it even more. Also Renault are supposedly bringing a b spec next race, Horners restless legs must be tremoring to the nth degree.

loner

hello Bill
Honda: "Gap with Mercedes is bigger than previously thought
Verstappen was fighting for the race win in Monaco but couldn't pass Hamilton and was further hampered with a five-second penalty. Moving on to a track which puts more demand on the engine this weekend, Toyoharu Tanabe says more upgrades are needed before they can challenge on these types of circuits.
The gap with Mercedes is still very big. Even bigger than previously thought and of course I am not happy with that.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/38797/ho ... ught-.html
para bellum.

mclaren113

Honda power defect has been exposed

McMika98

Gasly " P5 is a good starting position."
Bulls crap, what gibberish is he talking. Outqualified by Renault after 3 attempts. Will be behind Bottas and midfield after 10 laps.

yener

Think they compromised the chassis for higher top speeds. Because let's be honest, they are nowhere in the speedtraps. Outpowered by the Renault engine?
Ferrari's topspeed philosophy is paying and indeed proves the value of the engine power on this track.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

ispano6

mclaren113 wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 22:47
One lap pace and not even a clean lap for our guys. Race is 70laps long anyway. Let's see how your reliability holds up.

SmallSoldier

ispano6 wrote:
mclaren113 wrote:
One lap pace and not even a clean lap for our guys. Race is 70laps long anyway. Let's see how your reliability holds up.
The reliability is there on the Honda side so far... Although, when they came out last time “hoping” that the new spec can finally last 7 races, means that they knew the previous one couldn’t.

Last year, RBR was 2 tenths from pole, this year they are 8 tenths away in a power track... From a power perspective, midfield teams like Renault and Mclaren seem to be proving that the Renault engine is the better one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KelsO

Snorked wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 22:00
KelsO wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 21:33
The race promises to be very interesting. Position three was possible, but it happened, as it happened. The main question - What tires to choose at the start. Max was very unhappy with the grip soft tyres. Maybe if it is hot, the tires will work better than today.
Wasn't he on the mediums when complaining on the radio about lack of grip and sliding?

I hope they don't suffer from this during race running speeds, I'd go with hard > medium.

Gasly had 3 new tyre runs in Q3 and only just beat his Q2 time.

Q2
1:11.196

Q3
1:12.185
1:11.569
1:11.079

I wonder if they're seriously looking at replacing him? This is simply not good enough, he should have been in front of Ric and Lec. Gasly has to go.
Yes, he was,I'm talking about this. If he will start on the medium, this can be a problem. RB was pretty quick on the straight (I saw how Max reached 330), maybe the downforce is too small?
  Last year, in Canada, Gusly lost to Hartley. He's definitely cannot be a reference point. It seems he always uses the next PU mode to go further when Max uses the previous one.
Last edited by KelsO on 09 Jun 2019, 02:31, edited 1 time in total.

Sieper

SmallSoldier wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 02:00
ispano6 wrote:
mclaren113 wrote:
The reliability is there on the Honda side so far... Although, when they came out last time “hoping” that the new spec can finally last 7 races, means that they knew the previous one couldn’t.

Last year, RBR was 2 tenths from pole, this year they are 8 tenths away in a power track... From a power perspective, midfield teams like Renault and Mclaren seem to be proving that the Renault engine is the better one.

Not true. Now I do think at the moment Honda and Renault are close. Who has the upper hand, I think Honda (gps confirmed by 7 horses right?). But there is a reason RBR waited so long (or was it actually Honda?) to sign. As all other factors (but Total HP on the time of signing) seem a slam dunk to go for Honda.

The fact that Renault has higher topspeed only confirms that they chose less drag, or simply don’t have the DF levels RBR has (more likely and probably both). Just look at Gasly S1 and S2 compared to Ric.

If Max would have gotten to Q3 he would have Been at least P3 I think.gasly has been way to slow everywhere so far. They didn’t even let him have a go at mediums in Q2.

RBR gambled today and sofar they have just one horse In a two horse race to show how many horses they have.

KelsO

Sieper wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 02:28

RBR gambled today and sofar they have just one horse In a two horse race to show how many horses they have.
They will give Pierre to pass the GP France and if nothing changes, they will replace him. He seems to be the slowest pilot to ever driving a red bull.

Sieper

I actually Forgot a point. Last year with the thicker thread tires and especially the frontwing more effectively “sealing” the Floor RBR was comperatively better. That is another reason why Honda appears worse (to Some) while they actually are not.

ispano6

SmallSoldier wrote:
ispano6 wrote:
mclaren113 wrote:

This year RBR didn't have a chance for their best representative driver to set a Q3 time so I have no clue what you're talking about.

We know why you're here but spare us the eyesore.

KelsO

I hope we will see Pierre’s telemetry in comparison with Ricc, then we will see where Pierre has lost time. It is very interesting.

mclaren113

Sieper wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 02:28
SmallSoldier wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

Not true. Now I do think at the moment Honda and Renault are close. Who has the upper hand, I think Honda (gps confirmed by 7 horses right?). But there is a reason RBR waited so long (or was it actually Honda?) to sign. As all other factors (but Total HP on the time of signing) seem a slam dunk to go for Honda.

The fact that Renault has higher topspeed only confirms that they chose less drag, or simply don’t have the DF levels RBR has (more likely and probably both). Just look at Gasly S1 and S2 compared to Ric.

If Max would have gotten to Q3 he would have Been at least P3 I think.gasly has been way to slow everywhere so far. They didn’t even let him have a go at mediums in Q2.

If and if and if..if every driver got a clean lap in q3 (including max) his best possible position is 5th behind the 2 ferraris and mercedes..Renault and mclaren would be closer to RB..hulk and mclaren drivers didn't have a clean laps in q3