Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
nzjrs

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

McMika98 wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 22:20
I call as it is, even though i have been rooting for Honda since they have been back, the truth is out there now. The sector times and speed trap figures are astonishing, after Ferrari the Renault powered cars are featured even above Merc and Ferrari powered cars whilst Honda cars are languishing at the bottom. The fact that all Renault powered cars are within a second of Merc and Ferrari is raising alarm bells. All customer teams have struggled in this formula.
Yada yada yada. If it's truly objective then who you root for is irrelevant. Vettel said once "I'm not as bad as they think I am when I'm losing, and not as good when as they think I am when I'm winning". So Is life. Engineering is slow and methodical. The wailing is only ever entertainment to me

McMika98
McMika98

Fact. Redbull have now qualified slower than last year on three tracks China, Bahrain and Canada. All power tracks, hmm. Time to get those upgrades asap. Was really hoping Honda deliver this year, maybe its never going to happen.

ispano6

McMika98 wrote:
I call as it is, even though i have been rooting for Honda since they have been back, the truth is out there now. The sector times and speed trap figures are astonishing, after Ferrari the Renault powered cars are featured even above Merc and Ferrari powered cars whilst Honda cars are languishing at the bottom. The fact that all Renault powered cars are within a second of Merc and Ferrari is raising alarm bells. All customer teams have struggled in this formula.
Says the McLaren crony... You always pretend to compliment Honda with an underhanded insult.

GhostF1
GhostF1

McMika98 wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 23:18
Fact. Redbull have now qualified slower than last year on three tracks China, Bahrain and Canada. All power tracks, hmm. Time to get those upgrades asap. Was really hoping Honda deliver this year, maybe its never going to happen.
China was the one blip. Bahrain was a factory suspension fault. Baku, an engine relevant circuit, they were far stronger than Renault. What are your points?

GhostF1
GhostF1

McMika98 wrote:
What weekend have you been watching??? I'm sorry, with the exception of Ricciardo, the other 3 Renault cars are 1+ seconds slower than Merc? I hope you aren't using Bottas as the marker there. He was compromised with his spin, if you want to do that, I could say the B team Toro Rosso is less than 0.1 behind Mclaren and the factory works Renault is only 0.4 ahead... which frankly is a poor effort for a works outfit.
Verstappen was denied a soft lap due to Magnussen spin.

You're talking a lot of BS while leaving out relevant facts, which is interesting considering how poorly Renault started this season.

So no you most definitely are not "calling it like it is".

Zynerji

Is it worth taking a gearbox penalty and just starting from the pits with Max? I mean it won't take him long to pass the back markers, and he'll probably still finish top 7.

GhostF1
GhostF1

Zynerji wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 04:53
Is it worth taking a gearbox penalty and just starting from the pits with Max? I mean it won't take him long to pass the back markers, and he'll probably still finish top 7.
They might even discuss taking an entirely new engine package.

McMika98
McMika98

GhostF1 wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 04:34

China was the one blip. Bahrain was a factory suspension fault. Baku, an engine relevant circuit, they were far stronger than Renault. What are your points?
Excuses, excuses and more excuses. Baku aint a power track with plenty of slow corners just the final sector has a long straight. Renault have made it clear they were running conservatively after Bahrain. I dare say they have more power than the Mercs. Im dissapointed and gutted as i thought we would be competing for race wins by now and TR for strong points. They are going backwards very fast.

McMika98
McMika98

GhostF1 wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 04:50
What weekend have you been watching??? I'm sorry, with the exception of Ricciardo, the other 3 Renault cars are 1+ seconds slower than Merc? I hope you aren't using Bottas as the marker there. He was compromised with his spin.

You're talking a lot of BS while leaving out relevant facts, which is interesting considering how poorly Renault started this season.

What a load of nonsense. FACT: Bottas had several.runs in Q1, 2 and 3. He was never more than 5 tenths in front of both Renault. Hamilton and Seb are mighty here and still the Renault were less than 8 tenths away
Wake up and smell the coffee. The Renault has arrived which i was dreading. The pre race chatter from Dan about quali mode has been vindicated and above all Cyril was telling the truth. Dammm hard facts to digest for some.

Best Sector Times

Max Speeds

etusch

McMika98 wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 08:10
GhostF1 wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 04:50
What weekend have you been watching??? I'm sorry, with the exception of Ricciardo, the other 3 Renault cars are 1+ seconds slower than Merc? I hope you aren't using Bottas as the marker there. He was compromised with his spin.

What a load of nonsense. FACT: Bottas had several.runs in Q1, 2 and 3. He was never more than 5 tenths in front of both Renault. Hamilton and Seb are mighty here and still the Renault were less than 8 tenths away
Wake up and smell the coffee. The Renault has arrived which i was dreading. The pre race chatter from Dan about quali mode has been vindicated and above all Cyril was telling the truth. Dammm hard facts to digest for some.

Best Sector Times
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8kOtdnXYAAUSof.jpg

Max Speeds
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8kRBIFWkAAmK5A.jpg
They already lost much with reliability and nothing to lose more. I don't deny that Renault engine is good but not that much. You are very high and very early.

etusch

Ricci explain their strategy. It shows how my comment is true
“I expect a good start, jump inside the top three, get some TV time, and then we’ll see! I’m sure after a few laps the mediums will start to build and build and the soft is going to fade, but that’s where we need to be smart and pit at the right time and go from there.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricc ... t/4460653/

McMika98
McMika98

etusch wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 11:33
“I expect a good start, jump inside the top three, get some TV time, and then we’ll see! I’m sure after a few laps the mediums will start to build and build and the soft is going to fade, but that’s where we need to be smart and pit at the right time and go from there.
The only hope for Honda cars is that the Renault upgrade fails and the reliability takes a hit during race. Their race pace was even better than Ferrari and their strightline speed will make overtaking difficult.
Dans is confident that he will get better results than RedBull so dunno what you are trying to insinuate. Not expecting Gasly to challenge anyway and he has slower straightline speed.

epo
epo

McMika98 wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 11:54
etusch wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 11:33
The only hope for Honda cars is that the Renault upgrade fails and the reliability takes a hit during race. Their race pace was even better than Ferrari and their strightline speed will make overtaking difficult.
Dans is confident that he will get better results than RedBull so dunno what you are trying to insinuate. Not expecting Gasly to challenge anyway and he has slower straightline speed.
Fairly confident Max will finish before both Renaults anyways. Gasly well not sure what his problem his, but he clearly has no speed unfortunately.

GhostF1
GhostF1

McMika98 wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:12
Honda needs to get their ass to work asap. Renault have proper modes in race. Easily matching Max throughout and yet also able to pull a quali mode in race. Just so dissapointing, the dream will be a dream.
Sigh... All your doing is just proving to everyone that you don't have the slightest clue what you're on about lol.

Marti_EF3

Stop delusional posts on every Honda related post, please. Like I said you before, you're over reacting only taking one weekend. Fact is that Max had a one stop strategy (like Renault) coming from 9th and ended 5th with 20s gap to both Renaults. So, what you are saying is nonsense. WE ALL KNEW Honda was still to catch up to Ferrari and Merc, plus being a first year with RB, and they still are where they were last year with a PU that they were using for many years. Plus new aero regs and tires. What the hell was you expecting?? This season is to get all ready for a 2020 challenge if all is right, and we are still to see the performance upgrades from Honda