2019 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal June 7-9

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
JesperA

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

maxxer wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:11
I guess the telemetry showed that he didnt even tried to brake while on the grass and entering the track.
He most likely braked somewhat, but that grass in that corner is tricky, it was seeping wet, there was even water running out from the curb and onto the track in that corner, the cars threw the water up in the air when they passed that corner so even if Vettel braked all that he could he would barely slow down anyway, wet grass with wide slicks is like braking on ice, and then his trajectory and wet tire pushed him wide on the track, he did not have much control on the track (look at the steering inputs), so, yeah.

JordanMugen

LionKing wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:15
JordanMugen wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:14
Cuky wrote:

SV didn't gain advantage with leaving the track, he actually lost time
Failing to lose a place is gaining an advantage.
Like Mexico start where Hamilton didn't even bother to brake into T1?
or the Verstappen incident someone posted a video in this thread?

Hamilton should 100% have been penalized for that.

Dr. Acula

FrukostScones wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:10
VET clearly cut right with this certain second thought... clearly dodgy.
His excuses are MSC territory now.
Sky F1 just showed now that Vettel couldn't do anything else. There wasn't anything dodgy.

Jolle

LionKing wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:15
JordanMugen wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:14
Cuky wrote:

Failing to lose a place is gaining an advantage.
Like Mexico start where Hamilton didn't even bother to brake into T1?
or the Verstappen incident someone posted a video in this thread?
Vettel didn't get a penalty for gaining an advantage, but for unsafe rejoining of the track and forcing another driver off the track.

get your penalties straight ;-)

adrianjordan

Cuky wrote:
JordanMugen wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:09
For all the talk of no other options, SV could easily have later backed off and let LH past in order to redress for leaving the track and gaining an advantage. Therefore no controversial penalty would be required.
But he didn't lose the place, that was the advantage he gained.

I agree with JordanMugen, is Seb had let Lewis pasted then the stewards wouldn't have done anything and Seb could have fought to get back past Lewis.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Zynerji

That's the straw that broke my back. We finally had a real race to the end, and this is how an off track mistake is handled, especially compared to the rest of the subjective non- penalties of recent years.

Canceled my F1TV sub, and I won't be back here anymore.

It was fun guys, but after 15 years of watching, I'm now fully convinced that racing is to be found elsewhere. I cannot support this non-sport any longer.

Bye!
Last edited by Zynerji on 09 Jun 2019, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

Schuttelberg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGzDkb3UW0w

I don't need to say anything else.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

AMG.Tzan

Although i don't like this way of winning (by rules)...we have to see that Hamilton put so much pressure on Vettel that he cracked and made a mistake! I feel the penalty was a bit too harsh when someone is contesting for the win! But the point here is that Vettel made a mistake...again!! :oops:

Btw this is a big hit i think on Vettel's mentality...i feel sorry for him! If Leclerc manages to win any time soon i don't see Vettel continuing any further than 2020!! :?
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Bill_Kar

atanatizante wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:16
Toto said on RTL that in Vettel`s case he must have left a car length distance between the cars

Nonetheless, Vettel had he would he won it seems that he should have been penalised for having a lower fuel level than the minimum allowed ... after the race for testing

Anyway, definitely, I think the answer for Ferrari race pace today was more down to higher track temp rather than high-speed track ... and that`s why Vettel was grinning after all on the podium coz maybe he is thinking that Ferrari has finally found a solution for the tyre issue ... time will tell but it`s a good prospect for the future races ahead, don`t you think?
Well, this is my hypothesis but if HAM had track position, he would have been many seconds ahead of Vettel.
I don't know how Ferrari can be optimistic about their pace

F1NAC

Well a lot of people are shitting on Vettel, but that car in those types of corner is really tricky to drive . His drive was magnificent, holding evidently faster Hamilton in second stint close behind. It's just racing. If that was Mercedes instead of Ferrari or Verstappen that would not be a freaking penalty. That's what is pissing me off

TAG

komninosm wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:06
This is all happening because FIA didn't BLACK FLAG Vettel back in Baku when he crashed into Hamilton on purpose behind the safety car.
He has a long history which apparently alot of people are quick to dismiss. He called Charlie (may god rest his soul) a ---!ng idiot" on the radio, he hit who was is Stroll and tore his care apart after the cool down lap and blamed Stroll. He's got a red mist problem when things don't go his way, always has.
Last edited by turbof1 on 09 Jun 2019, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

JordanMugen

Dr. Acula wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:18
FrukostScones wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:10
VET clearly cut right with this certain second thought... clearly dodgy.
His excuses are MSC territory now.
Sky F1 just showed now that Vettel couldn't do anything else. There wasn't anything dodgy.
Vettel could have eased off later to redress for the shortcut by letting Hamilton past. Then, if he had the pace he could overtake again fairly and win. The idea Vettel had no other option is patently wrong. :)

komninosm

siskue2005 wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:06
Sierra117 wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 21:52
The penalty was harsh but amazing how Lewis is being blamed for someone else's mistakes (Vettel & FIA).
yup i agree
I've already reported a couple of racist posts in this thread too. It's no wonder to me at this point. The wrong mentality was supported for a long time and the wrong people were attracted to F1 and not educated properly afterwards neither.

Poleman

In SKY broadcast just now Karun Chandok analyzed the incident and he keeps saying that Vettel was fighting oversteer when he rejoined the track.I have never ran an F1 car through grass before but how on earth when you go off track if you let off the throttle and let the car calm down most of the times you lose the place but you rejoin with a neutral car.To me it looks that Vettel kept the foot down as he rejoined thats why he had oversteer but i agree its a natural reaction to ensure that you dont lose the place so as a lot of people said here penalty is harsh but i guess justified.

Jolle

Schuttelberg wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGzDkb3UW0w

I don't need to say anything else.
The difference between a car's whith plus an inch and a car's with minus a few feet.
Last edited by Jolle on 09 Jun 2019, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.