2019 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal June 7-9

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Wynters

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

TAG wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:41
We all saw what happend post race and IT. WAS. DISGUSTING. But he's been allowed to go into his red fog for many a time now with zero repercussions. He makes himself very hard to like.
I saw him asking people not to blame Hamilton (something some people on this board could take on board, perhaps). That's pretty classy and something he absolutely didn't need to do.

Phil

I dont agree Ringo. Ferrari was only faster on the straights, Mercedes had much better tire wear which resulted in the stronger pace.....
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

DiogoBrand

TAG wrote:
Racism is blaming Hamilton for the penalty that was handed to Vettel. The mods have done quite a bit of clean up in the thread already but man anyone that doesn't aknowlege the fact that it's teeming with some of the comment here is just not aware of what it's like to be a black man in many countries around the world.

It is certainly not. I agree that it is stupid to blame Lewis for the stewards' decision, but it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the color of his skin.

True racism is behaving like every incident involving a black person has to do with the color of their skin.
Last edited by DiogoBrand on 09 Jun 2019, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.

TAG

Wynters wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:44
TAG wrote:
We all saw what happend post race and IT. WAS. DISGUSTING. But he's been allowed to go into his red fog for many a time now with zero repercussions. He makes himself very hard to like.
I saw him asking people not to blame Hamilton (something some people on this board could take on board, perhaps). That's pretty classy and something he absolutely didn't need to do.
Yeah it's classy as long as you overlook everything else he did.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

DarkSurferZA

Well, I think there is something wrong with the stewards office when all the commentators unanimously disagree with a decision.

When Max endangers the people in our lane, we can apply leniency because they can't see down the narrow pit lane (I disagree cause the guy who does the release is not in the car), but when Seb looses the car, it's a clear penalty because he could've rejoined slower... I dunno man, I don't think drivers get much practice time on the SIM trying to figure out how to rejoin safely.

Well done though Lewis, as usual this year (and last), the fastest man on Sunday and despite being second in qualy, he dragged out something special from the Merc on that lap.

Lastly, we gotta stop hating on Lewis, from his perspective, on track, he was blocked. He didn't make the call in the stewards office, and his complaint was fair from what he could see

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

Wynters

Great race for Renault.
Great race by Lance Stroll (which is not something I'd thought I'd write this season).
Russel beat K-Mag (rebuilt car or not, that's some very good driving)!

Awful race for Bottas (nearly a full minute behind? Really?) He's like a submarine, goes missing whenever there's any pressure. It's frustrating because he fast when he's out front.
Gasly, Gasly, Gasly. I know he's still getting used to the car but that's an appalling result.

Kimi behind Gio, despite the latter crushing Albon's wing? Issues for The Iceman?

komninosm

TwanV wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:40
Laying to arrest any claim of racism you can be right but what a shitty sport we have then . This race was vettels , he made 1 mistake and won because he kept the guy behind in this mirrors like in the old days. The new age group is filled with the RULES but yawn. Vettel ftw and I don't even like ferrari.
Your first sentence makes no sense grammatically. If you mean to say that me being right would be disprove by you wanting to not have a shitty sport then that's a fallacious argument. Also if I am right, which I am by your admission, then we do not have a shitty sport, we just have a small minority of shitty fans. Most fans aren't that shitty, even the Ferrari ones.

Your second sentence is also not a good argument. How was this race Vettel's? He made a mistake and was slower than Hamilton who was behind in dirty air. Hamilton drove excellently and made no big mistake. He clearly deserved the win and the driver of the race award, which the deluded fans gave to Vettel again. There's been an influx of anti-Hamilton fans in F1 in later years and it shows, even in the polls.

The new age group is not filled with the Rules actually, they cheer for Vettel and Verstappen who constantly brake them and behave badly and dishonorably. Do you remember Vettel crashing into Hamilton on purpose in Baku? Even Schumacher got black flagged for less! But FIA not punishing Vettel properly and Vettel mouthing off afterwards and not properly accepting blame and apologizing (like Schumacher ACTUALLY gave a press conference to apologize!) , this fostered a bad culture and mentality in groups of the fans and the sport has suffered for it.

You can thank me for the history lesson later...

DiogoBrand

DarkSurferZA wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:48
Well, I think there is something wrong with the stewards office when all the commentators unanimously disagree with a decision.
Then maybe we should let the commentators judge all incidents.

All the casters care about is the show, they don't give a rat's ass if the penalty is fair, as long as it makes the race exciting.

timbo

ringo wrote:
Ferrari had the faster car today which bodes well looking ahead.
The car had very good pace, even when Mercedes felt super confident about their race pace. The Ferrari was just that little bit more faster.
Ferrari was definitely not faster throughout the whole race. It was solid on mediums and seemed nice on hards at first, but then the pace dropped off.
I remember there was a message to Seb about some reading on the dashboard being correct and that he had to take action for it.
I wonder if he had to save fuel in the second half of the race.
ringo wrote:
Leclerc showed me today that he could have caught Lewis had he been giving an optimal strategy from Ferrari.
I don't think this was the case. He was faster than Vettel in the second half of the race for whatever reason, but Hamilton was also faster.

Restomaniac

DarkSurferZA wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:48

When Max endangers the people in our lane, we can apply leniency because they can't see down the narrow pit lane (I disagree cause the guy who does the release is not in the car), but when Seb looses the car, it's a clear penalty because he could've rejoined slower... I dunno man, I don't think drivers get much practice time on the SIM trying to figure out how to rejoin safely.

Well done though Lewis, as usual this year (and last), the fastest man on Sunday and despite being second in qualy, he dragged out something special from the Merc on that lap.

Lastly, we gotta stop hating on Lewis, from his perspective, on track, he was blocked. He didn't make the call in the stewards office, and his complaint was fair from what he could see

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk
Yep which is why Vettel asked the fans to lay off him.

Juzh

Wynters wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:42
komninosm wrote:
maxxer wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:11
So in the radio message Seb says "if i had gone to the inside he would have passed me"
I guess the telemetry showed that he didnt even tried to brake while on the grass and entering the track.
He was pushed into the mistake and he couldnt handle it , again and again this his problem its like certain football players who bite others he needs to work on it.
The Vettel lies will be covered up again, just like in Baku...
I don't think he said "If I had gone..." I believe he said "If he had gone..."
I downloaded and listen to whole vettel's radio just now and this is what he said:
"It's his call if he decides to go that way, if he'd gone the inside he'd have gone past me"
Last edited by Steven on 09 Jun 2019, 23:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed trolling

Wynters

TAG wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:45
Wynters wrote:
TAG wrote:
What did he do? He spoke to his team over the radio, then he walked around a bit and swapped a couple of pieces of cardboard. Then he stepped into defend his Championship rival and nemesis.

Yeah, yeah I do.

enckboaz

i dont get how someone could love racing and be happy with this kind of decisions....
i guess this sport is dead for so long that people forgot what makes racing great.

and trust me, im not a ferrari fan

DiogoBrand

Juzh wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:51
Wynters wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:42
komninosm wrote:

The Vettel lies will be covered up again, just like in Baku...
I don't think he said "If I had gone..." I believe he said "If he had gone..."
I downloaded and listen to whole vettel's radio just now and this is what he said:
"It's his call if he decides to go that way, if he'd gone the inside he'd have gone past me"

So yeah, just the usual clueless people talking BS when they don't check the facts beforehand.
So it was Lewis' fault for not guessing which way he should've gone after Sebastian returns from his trip to the grass.

Restomaniac

Wynters wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:52
TAG wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:45
Wynters wrote:
What did he do? He spoke to his team over the radio, then he walked around a bit and swapped a couple of pieces of cardboard. Then he stepped into defend his Championship rival and nemesis.

Yeah, yeah I do.
TBH the swapping of the signs was childish. Sorry but it was.