2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
loner

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Marti_EF3 wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 14:14
loner wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 14:07
KelsO wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 10:25
Fresh news from Honda (not officially)

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/57210694 ... 15/page-74
good news this
So, that will be the last penalty free PU? And then next update is expected in Sochi just before Japan I guess
well if they introduce new batteries they will have grid penalties , spec 4 could be Spa or Monza acc to Marko , Singapore acc to Horner , Sochi acc to wazari :mrgreen:
para bellum.

etusch

It is a bit strange that we are in comminication era, we just can not get valid news about anything.

Wouter

loner wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 14:24
well if they introduce new batteries they will have grid penalties .
Why new batteries? They had new batteries last race in Canada, TWO days ago!
The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

Its valid, and sooner than I thought. I was expecting the engine and chassis update by Silverstone. I'm impressed by how fast they work, this is a pretty substantial update. If it pans out they should be right within that .3 second window where the driver can make the difference. No guarantee it will get them any closer however.

As it stands the gap is just over .4 if they close .2 then its game on.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

godlameroso wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 14:48
I'm impressed by how fast they work, this is a pretty substantial update.
How do you know that? Do you have a source?
The Power of Dreams!

Sieper

rogazilla wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 14:23
Previously we heard Honda is changing the PU also to allow redbull's packaging upgrade. Does that mean they can no longer use spec 1/2 for Friday after the car upgrade? Or can they still use the old ICE for Friday?
I would warrant a guess that yes they can still do the Friday to Saturday engine switcheroo but if the repackaging is part of it then yes it will likely mean more work (and retaining the older engine cover etc.) to actually switch out the engine but would still be doable.

ispano6

Spec 2 was a reliability upgrade so that Spec 2s higher engine modes could be used longer for race pace. Energy store and Control electronics were just upgraded.

Spec 3 will be a power boost mostly for qualifying modes but also push to pass situations.

Spec 4 will be reliability and race pace upgrades again.

The heat of this past Canadian GP showed some teams came prepared for it with upgraded brakes. But Tanabe said the intake temperature was too high if you were close behind a car so they asked to keep a distance to keep the engine cool until the point of attack.

Red Bulls car problem is short wheelbase and floor. Once this is changed, the grip issues should naturally get better with more DF from the larger floor.

godlameroso

Wouter wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 14:57
godlameroso wrote:
Just a hunch :D

It was mentioned earlier in the year that there was free time to be found by improving the packaging in the power unit, and integrating it into the chassis. Given lead times it fits right into my earlier estimates, as well as statements made by Red Bull and Honda.

The rear end of the Red Bull seems like it was in need of development, not so much the floor, but the body work, and rear wing end plates. I would guess that changes for the power unit from Honda gives Red Bull more space in the rear end for changes, and it's logical that both updates would be timed to get maximum benefit.
Saishū kōnā

Alexf1

If RB can get back to last years traction levels that would be the biggest gain cause hp deficit is not bigger than last year

Alexf1

In Canada RB15 was nothing compared to RB14

Maplesoup

godlameroso wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 16:46
Wouter wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 14:57
godlameroso wrote:
Just a hunch :D

It was mentioned earlier in the year that there was free time to be found by improving the packaging in the power unit, and integrating it into the chassis. Given lead times it fits right into my earlier estimates, as well as statements made by Red Bull and Honda.

The rear end of the Red Bull seems like it was in need of development, not so much the floor, but the body work, and rear wing end plates. I would guess that changes for the power unit from Honda gives Red Bull more space in the rear end for changes, and it's logical that both updates would be timed to get maximum benefit.
They specifically said that the packaging would change for next year, not this year. Would require too many chassis and aero changes.

Maplesoup

ispano6 wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 15:42
Spec 2 was a reliability upgrade so that Spec 2s higher engine modes could be used longer for race pace. Energy store and Control electronics were just upgraded.

Spec 3 will be a power boost mostly for qualifying modes but also push to pass situations.

The heat of this past Canadian GP showed some teams came prepared for it with upgraded brakes. But Tanabe said the intake temperature was too high if you were close behind a car so they asked to keep a distance to keep the engine cool until the point of attack.

Red Bulls car problem is short wheelbase and floor. Once this is changed, the grip issues should naturally get better with more DF from the larger floor.
All speculation, apart from the spec 2 which we know about. Also there is nothing wrong with the wheelbase of the red bull.

Stop spewing out information without actual reference.

etusch

Looks like this kind of new engine job is not easy even a team tecnically good like Redbull

loekf2

ispano6 wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 15:42

Can you explain the wheelbase issue ? As far as I know the 2019 car is considerable longer than the RB14, even longer than the Ferrari, still a little bit shorter than the Mercedes.

McMika98

rogazilla wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 14:05

:D :D
Best I heard in years! Anyone who has been watching F1 and think Gasly's time is representative of what the Red bull hardware can do should just be laughed at as a comedian here! Looking at this the other way, Ric and Hulk with their massively superior engine and their experiences, they can only lap around just ahead of Gasly. I think Renault over paid their drivers.
Haha nice one. So on tracks where engine does not matter Redbull and Toro rosso have scored and qualified very well. Then miraculously even Verstappen thinks that he would end up P5 had he qualified P3.
Renault did not bring any updates yet Dan who we know would be few tenths behind Max was within few tenths of Leclrec. People are shitting on Gasly but he is about the level of Hulk and Sainz.