2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Andres125sx

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

mwillems wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 09:47
Andres125sx wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 07:50
mwillems wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 09:04

Once more misquuoting. I said he compromised, not ruined, seems you have a little agenda.
Both imply a mistake from the driver wich didn´t happen and is the point, so please do not hide behind semantics
It's not semantics its blants misrepresentation, and if you were so convinced your opinion was correct you wouldnt need to do it. You betray your own argument with your behaviours, repeatedly deliberately twisting, changing and putting words into my mouth and then following that with childish emojis, It's like talking to Donald Trump on Twitter. I've trolled the troll enough now, you can carry on berating folks for not sharing your opinion now, although we both know this is because I called you out a few days back for being rude to someone after having a bad day 😂😂😂
So you consider emojis as childish, but use them... What does that say about yourself mate?

IMO emojis are a tool so I use them, sorry if you think different but that's not my problem

Anycase, enough

Vasconia

_cerber1 wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 12:39
I'm sure Renault is too strong for McLaren. It is important not to let the rest go ahead.
I think McLaren must the be the team which was one of the best updating the car through the season, so I don´t think the battle with Renault is already lost.

RonDennis

_cerber1 wrote:
I'm sure Renault is too strong for McLaren. It is important not to let the rest go ahead.
Based on what? Because they finished in front of McLaren In Canada? You guys really change your mind after every race like a bunch of teenage girls. We've done 7 races so far and McLaren is 4th with Renault being close. It's going to be close, but claiming that Renault is too strong (after one race) is a bit much isn't it.
Last edited by RonDennis on 12 Jun 2019, 11:57, edited 2 times in total.

M840TR

Vasconia wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 11:39
_cerber1 wrote:
I think McLaren must the be the team which was one of the best updating the car through the season, so I don´t think the battle with Renault is already lost.
They still seem to be. There were 2 new floors introduced in 4 weeks' time. Spain & Canada.

_cerber1

RonDennis wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 11:50
_cerber1 wrote:
Based on what? Because they finished in front of McLaren In Canada? You guys really change your mind after every race like a bunch of teenage girls. We've done 7 races so far and McLaren is 4th with Renault being close. It's going to be close, but claiming that Renault is too strong (after one race) is a bit much isn't it.
Bad day? I never change my opinion, and have never said that McLaren will be 4.

SmallSoldier

Vasconia wrote:
_cerber1 wrote:
Absolutely!

Renault had the edge on Mclaren in Canada, but both teams will continue to bring upgrades moving forward... There are news of a major Renault upgrade package in France, Mclaren may not be bringing a major package, but I’m sure they will continue to bring the parts that are ready to be put on the car.

There is a lot of racing left still this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andres125sx

RonDennis wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 11:50
_cerber1 wrote:
This. Anycase before pre-season testing I was expecting Renault to be the fourth team, or even challenging RBR depending on Honda perfomance, but it´s been the other way around, Renault didn´t materialize the step forward I was expecting, and RBR-Honda is doing better than expected too, so things have been very different in this first third of the season.

But Renault is Renault, they´re increasing the resources and investment season after season to return to the top, wich is the reason I was expecting them to make another good step forward this season. So they will improve for sure, they´ve faced some unexpected problems at the start of the season, but they will solve it sooner or later.

I´m afraid (from a McLaren fan pov) the perfomance shown in Canada may indicate they´re again on the right path, and if they´re bringing a major update to France that´s one more reason to be afraid.

McLaren will have a tough fight for the fourth place I think

Darth-Piekus

Mclaren will conquer that 4th place. Apart from one single race they have shown to be the best team from the midfield in general and they are much bigger in terms of resources and of course the Paragon than the other midfields and Renault.

FittingMechanics

It's worth remembering that Renault was quite good in Bahrain (until that engine blew up and other one was shut down :D) and that it didn't really carry on to other races. It's quite possible that Renault gets those peaks of performance due to specific track or weather circumstances. McLaren seemed okay in most races and had better race pace than qualifying pace. One more thing that was very encouraging was decent strategy choices and fast pitstops.

Team seems to be working well. A shame we lost so much points on Sunday but that is F1.

mwillems

Andres125sx wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 11:34
mwillems wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 09:47
Andres125sx wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 07:50

Both imply a mistake from the driver wich didn´t happen and is the point, so please do not hide behind semantics
It's not semantics its blants misrepresentation, and if you were so convinced your opinion was correct you wouldnt need to do it. You betray your own argument with your behaviours, repeatedly deliberately twisting, changing and putting words into my mouth and then following that with childish emojis, It's like talking to Donald Trump on Twitter. I've trolled the troll enough now, you can carry on berating folks for not sharing your opinion now, although we both know this is because I called you out a few days back for being rude to someone after having a bad day 😂😂😂
So you consider emojis as childish, but use them... What does that say about yourself mate?

IMO emojis are a tool so I use them, sorry if you think different but that's not my problem

Anycase, enough
No, just the rolling of eyes. But I can see that one is a grey area so fair point. Rest still stands however.

Enough is indeed enough.
Last edited by mwillems on 12 Jun 2019, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

_cerber1

diffuser

FittingMechanics wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 16:44
It's worth remembering that Renault was quite good in Bahrain (until that engine blew up and other one was shut down :D) and that it didn't really carry on to other races. It's quite possible that Renault gets those peaks of performance due to specific track or weather circumstances. McLaren seemed okay in most races and had better race pace than qualifying pace. One more thing that was very encouraging was decent strategy choices and fast pitstops.

Team seems to be working well. A shame we lost so much points on Sunday but that is F1.
The Irony would be Renault did well in Montreal cause it is a power track ;)

Darth-Piekus

I don't know if anyone noticed but both Mclaren and Renault seem to outdevelop the other midfields.

makecry

Darth-Piekus wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 08:13
I don't know if anyone noticed but both Mclaren and Renault seem to outdevelop the other midfields.
Nopes. Both Toro Rosso were faster in Monaco. Sainz just managed to get ahead of them and then had track position.

M840TR

Darth-Piekus wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 08:13
They have a higher budget and more resources so not surprising. However the performance does seem to fluctuate a lot for both teams.