2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
M840TR

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

The new Renault upgrade for France includes front wing, nose, bargeboards, floor and engine packaging modifications. Somewhat similar to Mclaren's Spain Upgrade. Wind tunnel figures indicate 0.5 sec gain.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... ul-ricard/

charliesmithhd

M840TR wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 09:11
The new Renault upgrade for France includes front wing, nose, bargeboards, floor and engine packaging modifications. Somewhat similar to Mclaren's Spain Upgrade. Wind tunnel figures indicate 0.5 sec gain.

😬

PowerandtheGlory

M840TR wrote:

Great post - can you post this on the Team Renault thread too? i would, but i dont wanna steal your thunder..
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Bill

It will be great to see Renault do well even for Rbr Honda fans if a big a big car manufacturer doesn't do well the usual pulls out and that can't be good for f1

Ground Effect

M840TR wrote:

Jeez... Are all these upgrades even allowed? :D :shock:
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Darth-Piekus

Who's to say that Mclaren doesn't have an upgrade also?

Ground Effect

Darth-Piekus wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 12:06
Who's to say that Mclaren doesn't have an upgrade also?
True, but we can only work with what’s been reported. Maybe they’ll keep that info in-house until the race week preview?
But so far, we know Renault and Red Bull will bring significant upgrades to Paul Ricard.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

_cerber1

McLaren brings updates for every race. But, the chassis has problems on the tracks with limited front, the Renault chassis did not have such problems, in China they were strong, otherwise the two teams are similar.

Espresso

charliesmithhd wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 09:18
M840TR wrote:

😬
Beide Renault-Piloten mussten auch massiv Sprit sparen. „Mehr als ich gedacht hatte“, meinte Hülkenberg. Die Suche nach mehr Power hat ihren Preis.
Well major drawback is this new high power modes is gobbling a lot of fuel. Guess they have to find the right balance there.

In contrast....Ferrari also has a high fuel consumption rate.
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

SmallSoldier

What would be interesting to know is if the engine repackaging affects Mclaren too or is it just a Renault change and which would be the effects of such a change (like changes on COG, size, etc).

If Renault has indeed found half a second, that should edge them towards leading the midfield.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darth-Piekus

We shal see. So far we were better in general than them as a team. Let's hope we can maintain that momentum and that Canada was just bad luck. I still believe that if it wasn't for the brake issues we could have beaten them in Canada. In fact I would dare say that their drivers are keeping Renault close to us and in reality they are not as fast as us just as we were back then with Alonso.

Ground Effect

Darth-Piekus wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 19:57
We shal see. So far we were better in general than them as a team. Let's hope we can maintain that momentum and that Canada was just bad luck. I still believe that if it wasn't for the brake issues we could have beaten them in Canada. In fact I would dare say that their drivers are keeping Renault close to us and in reality they are not as fast as us just as we were back then with Alonso.
There was definitely bad luck, it would have been interesting to see what Carlos could have done without the penalty and tear visor issue. However, I don’t think we could have beaten them in Canada, they were pretty quick. Nico’s first stint on the soft was particularly impressive

Darth-Piekus

We will not know now unfortunately. I do believe we would be able to match them. We were better all weekend apart from that Q3 which I dont know where all the speed went.

gokarter

I think mclaren should not be worried about renault f1 team , I believe renault f1 will end up with more points than mclaren this year, its just a question of when. what mclaren need to be worried is to make sure no other team like racing point or for worse torro rosso ends up with more points than them at the end of the season. torro rosso have been slowly climbing the constructors ladder recently and mclaren need to bring in updates to keep them at bay

chrisgr

gokarter wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 05:39
I think mclaren should not be worried about renault f1 team , I believe renault f1 will end up with more points than mclaren this year, its just a question of when. what mclaren need to be worried is to make sure no other team like racing point or for worse torro rosso ends up with more points than them at the end of the season. torro rosso have been slowly climbing the constructors ladder recently and mclaren need to bring in updates to keep them at bay
There is no a question of when. Only after the last GP we will know which team has more points. If Mclaren think like you and accept Renault as faster (which isnt clear from the first 7 races) then it wiil end up 6th or 7th. For God's sake. After 7 races Mclaren is 4th. They have a package that responses well in updates, they are 4th in points and they are Mclaren! They cant accept being 5th! No matter what happens later.

Is there any info about this year's budgets?