2019 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal June 7-9

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

outer_bongolia wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 17:09
I did some “scientific” research using PS4 and F1 2018. I cut the same chicane as Vettel did and here are the results.

1. First time cutting, no cars around: warning. Repeat it the next lap, 5 sec penalty.
2. Cut with a car following and retain my position. Race engineer came on the radio to tell me I had to give up the position or get a penalty.
3. Did it with Mercedes and Ferrari: same results.
4. Did it with the other car too close. Got hit, spun and destroyed the car on the wall.
LOL =D> =D>
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

roon
roon

izzy wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 18:45
NL_Fer wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 18:28
Maybe they could think about a penalty lane. They dumped drive-trough because the time lost was to much (20-25s).
Yes, i posted this same thought! A stopping place, same thing really - a penalty that has the cars in actual race order on the track, and if someone deserves to be behind (unsafe release, double move to defend, unsafe rejoining) it puts them behind
How about a penalty loop? Increase distance without making the track much bigger, plus entertainment!

outer_bongolia wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 17:09
I did some “scientific” research using PS4 and F1 2018. I cut the same chicane as Vettel did and here are the results.

1. First time cutting, no cars around: warning. Repeat it the next lap, 5 sec penalty.
2. Cut with a car following and retain my position. Race engineer came on the radio to tell me I had to give up the position or get a penalty.
3. Did it with Mercedes and Ferrari: same results.
4. Did it with the other car too close. Got hit, spun and destroyed the car on the wall.
But you had virtual grass on your tires. Where the hell you are supposed to go?

izzy
izzy

roon wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 21:32
How about a penalty loop? Increase distance without making the track much bigger, plus entertainment!
lol, excellent! what's the point of being a media company if you can't do stuff like this? Plus they could have a long upside-down section so we could finally actually see an F1 car driving upside down :D

ispano6

izzy wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 22:28
roon wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 21:32
lol, excellent! what's the point of being a media company if you can't do stuff like this? Plus they could have a long upside-down section so we could finally actually see an F1 car driving upside down :D
It should be an optional part of the track. If you take it successfully, you are rewarded with ultra fast lap times. If you fail, you DNF and look silly trying.

izzy
izzy

ispano6 wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 23:24

It should be an optional part of the track. If you take it successfully, you are rewarded with ultra fast lap times. If you fail, you DNF and look silly trying.
now people will think we're not being serious

:lol:

LM10
LM10

dans79 wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 19:34
LM10 wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 19:19
You know, I'm perfectly okay with the penalty of Vettel as long as the reason for it is told to be him giving Hamilton less than a car's width after having control of his car again. The point of when he had control is crucial. One side tell it was right after he rejoined the track and I tell it was after he needed to correct the oversteer. Once it was corrected, one car's width was gone already.
none of that matters, because the rule says nothing about when you regain control, only how you re-entered the track!
Are you sure? This is what Rosberg told: "If out of control all the time whilst squeezing Lewis then no penalty. As you don’t get penalty for making a mistake going off and sliding back onto the track even if you end up hitting someone."

But whatever, the matter is done already. :)

komninosm
komninosm

LM10 wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 23:44
dans79 wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 19:34
LM10 wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 19:19
You know, I'm perfectly okay with the penalty of Vettel as long as the reason for it is told to be him giving Hamilton less than a car's width after having control of his car again. The point of when he had control is crucial. One side tell it was right after he rejoined the track and I tell it was after he needed to correct the oversteer. Once it was corrected, one car's width was gone already.
none of that matters, because the rule says nothing about when you regain control, only how you re-entered the track!
Are you sure? This is what Rosberg told: "If out of control all the time whilst squeezing Lewis then no penalty. As you don’t get penalty for making a mistake going off and sliding back onto the track even if you end up hitting someone."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Belgian_Grand_Prix
His retirement was overshadowed by that of Jenson Button at the hands of Sebastian Vettel; on the approach to the Bus Stop, the Red Bull driver was spotted weaving aggressively behind the 2009 World Champion. He ran too deep into the corner and lost control, effectively throwing himself into a spin whilst still travelling in a straight line. In a collision similar to his collision with Webber in Istanbul, Vettel's inevitable trajectory saw him make contact with Button. Vettel was able to pit almost immediately, but the damage to Button's McLaren was catastrophic, destroying his sidepod, and with it his radiator. Vettel was subsequently handed a drive-through penalty – his second in as many races – for causing an avoidable accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVqyxgXxlmc
(Vettel making mistakes, and crashing into others like a pro)

Does not matter if you have control or not as long as the mistake is yours that made you lose it (as long as someone else didn't push you).

komninosm
komninosm

LM10 wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 00:54
komninosm wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 00:31
LM10 wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 23:44

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Belgian_Grand_Prix
His retirement was overshadowed by that of Jenson Button at the hands of Sebastian Vettel; on the approach to the Bus Stop, the Red Bull driver was spotted weaving aggressively behind the 2009 World Champion. He ran too deep into the corner and lost control, effectively throwing himself into a spin whilst still travelling in a straight line. In a collision similar to his collision with Webber in Istanbul, Vettel's inevitable trajectory saw him make contact with Button. Vettel was able to pit almost immediately, but the damage to Button's McLaren was catastrophic, destroying his sidepod, and with it his radiator. Vettel was subsequently handed a drive-through penalty – his second in as many races – for causing an avoidable accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVqyxgXxlmc
(Vettel making mistakes, and crashing into others like a pro)

Does not matter if you have control or not as long as the mistake is yours that made you lose it (as long as someone else didn't push you).
How long did you search for this Wikipedia article which btw does not include any official ruling and hence does not debunk what Rosberg told? #-o

By sending that unnecessary and totally off-topic YouTube video you've shown me which sort of fan you are, at least, thank you for that! =D>

I told the matter is done for me.
How is it unnecessary? Because it opposes your view?
How does it not include any official ruling? Vettel was penalized for that as it says.
How is it off topic? It relates to exactly what you mentioned of Rosberg in last post, as you even allude to in your previous sentence...
How long did I search? Are you just trying to troll? Is that even an argument?
I've shown you what a fan I am by showing a video of Vettel crashing into Button? Are you for real? You didn't know from my other dozens of posts that I am the kind of fan who despises Ferrari lies and hypocrisy and that of many of their fans and their behavior?
If the matter is done for you... then STOP replying.
Jeez!

roon
roon

komninosm wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 06:32
Wow, Brundle has gone full retard.
Yeah, let's throw all the rules out. Block with as many moves you want (not just one per straight, that's not dangerous is it? just block whatever) , just crash into the opponent he don't care, he just want the "show".
He don't care about facts and safety and fairness, can't overtake, just hit the guy up front and cause DNF or force through, whatever.
/sarcasm.
Wow Brundle really lost it, and I lost all respect to him with this idiotic incite-full comment.
The steering angle comment is a reference to the Jolyon Palmer-esque instant-replay enabled perfect hindsight that the stewards have access to these days. He experienced a time when not every move was held under a microscope, nor when every millisecond was recorded perfectly for careful review, nor when every moment was instantly available across an internet playing videos on demand at 0.25x speed. He's not retarded nor has he 'lost' anything for making these remarks.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

Brundle belongs to a certain section of the media and is well known for his ‘impartiality and where his interests lays!!!’ but now the problem is he didn’t say that of what we would have liked to hear/read.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

roon wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 09:23
komninosm wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 06:32
Wow, Brundle has gone full retard.
Yeah, let's throw all the rules out. Block with as many moves you want (not just one per straight, that's not dangerous is it? just block whatever) , just crash into the opponent he don't care, he just want the "show".
He don't care about facts and safety and fairness, can't overtake, just hit the guy up front and cause DNF or force through, whatever.
/sarcasm.
Wow Brundle really lost it, and I lost all respect to him with this idiotic incite-full comment.
The steering angle comment is a reference to the Jolyon Palmer-esque instant-replay enabled perfect hindsight that the stewards have access to these days. He experienced a time when not every move was held under a microscope, nor when every millisecond was recorded perfectly for careful review, nor when every moment was instantly available across an internet playing videos on demand at 0.25x speed. He's not retarded nor has he 'lost' anything for making these remarks.
Maybe he needs to get with the times then.

izzy
izzy

saviour stivala wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 09:39
Brundle belongs to a certain section of the media and is well known for his ‘impartiality and where his interests lays!!!’ but now the problem is he didn’t say that of what we would have liked to hear/read.
The problem is he's an influential person and it's a very stupid, macho idea

roon
roon

izzy wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 10:30
saviour stivala wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 09:39
The problem is he's an influential person and it's a very stupid, macho idea
For comparison... What sort of ideas does wearing a yellow helmet invoke?

FrukostScones

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.