General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
shingles

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Espresso wrote:New Honda engine in Canada for both RBR en STR....
Lets see how far development meets expectations.
Interviews in full swing this afternoon We're also doing some PU prep in the garages but we can't show you that You'll just have to trust us...

#PoweredByHonda
https://twitter.com/HondaRacingF1/statu ... 2435701760

I am confused. They are NOT getting new engine? Seems on MB teams are getting new engine.

Marti_EF3

Honda teams are getting only new ES and CE (Albon the only one not getting new parts)

bigblue

"Toro Rosso's Alex Albon had already taken a second example of both, and has not changed this weekend." Maybe they have a new spec, and left Albon where he is, since he's already on his second set, and to provide back-to-back comparison ? Just guessing.

ispano6

ispano6 wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 20:41
Sieper wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 19:34
Must admit, hand’t seen this picture earlier but this seems like a big fat hint an upgraded turbo (and likely then complete ICE) is coming (this weekend).
This one too:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7fI8rIXoAInZUR.jpg:small

Red Bull can take a 3rd PU without penalty, but STR would be onto their 4th. Canada still seems too soon, but you never know.
Is it proper to call it TJI if Honda Jet is involved?

Wazari

I have very mixed feelings about posting here but due to my selfishness for the sake to time-saving I have decided to post here. Please accept my apologies if I have not answered your PM's. Due to personal reasons I left MK and HRD right after the Chinese GP. I again want to thank you sincerely for your well wishes. It means a lot.

I have had numerous questions with regards to updates. When, what, why........... Well updates are a fluid situation. The road map as to the what is very rigid for 2019. with a very defined path as to order and goals to be accomplished for this season. As to what updates will be released on the track and when is a moving target. I do believe that the one major update planned for this season in a series of "smaller" previous updates will take place around Sochi. As far as peak power and what increases are to be expected, I do not really know and really it's more about sustainable efficiency with the current PU's.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

Singabule

ispano6 wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 18:16
ispano6 wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 20:41
Sieper wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 19:34
Must admit, hand’t seen this picture earlier but this seems like a big fat hint an upgraded turbo (and likely then complete ICE) is coming (this weekend).
This one too:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7fI8rIXoAInZUR.jpg:small

Red Bull can take a 3rd PU without penalty, but STR would be onto their 4th. Canada still seems too soon, but you never know.
Is it proper to call it TJI if Honda Jet is involved?
Nope, combustion technology is not Honda Jet expertise, but turbine and internal airflow are their expertise

bosyber

Wazari wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 02:07
I have very mixed feelings about posting here but due to my selfishness for the sake to time-saving I have decided to post here. Please accept my apologies if I have not answered your PM's. Due to personal reasons I left MK and HRD right after the Chinese GP. I again want to thank you sincerely for your well wishes. It means a lot.

I have had numerous questions with regards to updates. When, what, why........... Well updates are a fluid situation. The road map as to the what is very rigid for 2019. with a very defined path as to order and goals to be accomplished for this season. As to what updates will be released on the track and when is a moving target. I do believe that the one major update planned for this season in a series of "smaller" previous updates will take place around Sochi. As far as peak power and what increases are to be expected, I do not really know and really it's more about sustainable efficiency with the current PU's.
Take care, hope you get on top of those personal reasons, and thanks very much for your, as always, informative, and honest posts; I am sure we can all appreciate the amount of information you have been able to share with us, and respect the limits to what you know, and can share. All the best, and regards.

sn809

Wazari wrote:
Please accept my apologies if I have not answered your PM's. Due to personal reasons I left MK and HRD right after the Chinese GP. I again want to thank you sincerely for your well wishes. It means a lot.
Sad to hear you had to leave but I suppose its with everyone at some stage of their lives. I hope you the best of luck for what ever project you decide to embark on- Personal or Professional.
Please do keep chiming in with your posts even though you do not have inside info you should actively participate as a regular member even if as a new person. Arigato

IvailoStefanovBG

Wazari wrote:

Hi Wazari!
I want to ask if everything on the development of the engine goes according to plan? Are there any staff related problems (you have left HRD for personal reasons, but are they not related to the direction taken of the development of the engine - I heard some rumors for external help again) and, last but not least, what is your feeling about the future of Honda F1 engine?

Wazari

When I left everything was going as planned, slightly ahead of schedule. My leaving has nothing to do with Honda. I need to spend more time attending to family matters. I think Honda is on course and will continue to chip away at the gap with one big chunk coming in the latter third of this season. A lot of people make a deal of the "power gap" and based on best estimations with all the data and telemetry available, the gap among the 4 PU's is much smaller than most people think. Honda has been playing catch up since entering this current era and to make up a 5-6 year doesn't happen overnight, especially with this current formula.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

ispano6

https://en.hondaracingf1.com/insights/O ... dBull.html
We mark the one-year anniversary of the Red Bull announcement with another display of our relentless pursuit of success, introducing a new specification of power unit this weekend.

“In general we think we are doing very well, especially in terms of communication with our two teams. Of course regarding the power unit, Red Bull said they want to have more power as soon as possible - which is always true - but we do have an already agreed plan between Red Bull and Honda and we are on schedule.”

Whether wins come this season remains to be seen, but all the pieces are in place and delivering the progress all parties had envisaged a year ago. Excitement is definitely growing about what we can achieve next.
https://en.hondaracingf1.com/races/2019 ... -prix.html
The Red Bull team had a strong running here last year, picking up their first victory at their home grand prix. We’ll be pushing hard to achieve the same this year. And don’t worry, we’ll be leaving the Lederhosen to them…
Not a Suzuka special, but let's see what this new PU can do at our home away from home.

I trust that the big chunk we're waiting for in Monza should answer what Max complained as "run out of power on the straights here (in France)".

Will these likely fall under the realm of what isn't explicitly stated in the regulations? Oil burning?
Or will it be about efficiency, harvesting, deploying, all while re-harvesting and constantly generating and feeding the system and getting around the 4MJ ES->MGU-K and 2MJ MGU-K->ES limit per lap.
A maximum of 4MJ per lap can be transferred from the ES to the MGU-K (and then in turn to the drivetrain).

A maximum of 2MJ per lap can be transferred from the MGU-K to the ES

An unlimited amount of energy can be transferred between the MGU-H and the ES and/or MGU-K.
How might additive burning contribute to this potential unlimited amount of energy?
Higher combustion temperatures resulting in greater MGU-H to MGU-K, increased, separate ES to store excess in the system only to be returned back to the MGU-H or turbo to power the MGU-K.

McMika98

Dont expect miracles on the home away from home in fact i would brace for quite possibly the worst result of the season. Like i said two weeks earlier France and Austria will not suit the competition more by that i mean Mclaren and Renault not Mercedes amd Ferrari. Renault who was on same level as Honda have improved massively and clearly as good as the other manufacturers. Thats just hard to swallow.

MMMMMMMM

Quite obvious, given the amount of down votes you just got. It's hard to swallow, that's the way it is.
Though, I still have faith in Honda, that they will eventually bridge the gap at some point in the future.

epo
epo

McMika98 wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 07:26
Dont expect miracles on the home away from home in fact i would brace for quite possibly the worst result of the season. Like i said two weeks earlier France and Austria will not suit the competition more by that i mean Mclaren and Renault not Mercedes amd Ferrari. Renault who was on same level as Honda have improved massively and clearly as good as the other manufacturers. Thats just hard to swallow.
I'm getting a bit bored with your statement that the Renault engine is as good as the Mercedes in racetrim or even better. Where do you get that information?
To everyone knowledge the Mercedes might not be the most powerful but it is by far the most efficient engine around.
Honda in race-trim is good but but Honda and Renault still have a long road to get to Mercedes level of efficiency.

Benii6

epo wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 12:02
McMika98 wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 07:26
I'm getting a bit bored with your statement that the Renault engine is as good as the Mercedes in racetrim or even better. Where do you get that information?
To everyone knowledge the Mercedes might not be the most powerful but it is by far the most efficient engine around.
Honda in race-trim is good but but Honda and Renault still have a long road to get to Mercedes level of efficiency.
It works both ways. How do you know which is the most efficient engine around?