2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
geogate
geogate

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

amazing - I just hope Lando is being coy and they really do understand why they are so fast

bill shoe
bill shoe

Juzh wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 17:27

Mclaren much more stable and overall better than red bull over kerbs (bouncing a lot less), it's also faster on the straights. It just lacks some ultimate corner speed in the high speed stuff.
Also, the McLaren did not need to do four-wheels-off at turn 6 like the Red Bull. :wink:

Morteza

trinidefender wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 18:39
Is the post qualifying report on the McLaren website up yet? Can't seem to see it but sometimes their website seems a bit glitchy.
Carlos Sainz Jr. P6
“First of all, big congratulations to the whole team and also the team back at the factory. I think this is a consequence of all the hard work that is going on back there, and the upgrades that we’ve been bringing recently. It just shows that we need to keep pushing and keep going in this direction. Secondly, on the personal side, I would say it’s been a bit of a tough weekend, even if it doesn’t look like it.

“I was trying a lot of experimental things yesterday and that probably made me be a bit on the back foot for today. I was not fully comfortable with the car, but I still managed to more-or-less recover and feel better today. We put in some good laps in quali to reach P6 in front of our rivals, and making it to Q3 with the Medium tyre gives us a good fighting chance for the race. Now we have to finish the job tomorrow!”

Lando Norris, P5
“Coming into qualifying after yesterday and FP3, things were looking pretty good. Maybe not so much after FP3 – it got a lot closer than it was yesterday – but we were expecting that and weren’t worried. But it was still going to be very close.

“We made a couple of tweaks before quali, which I think helped. We did what we needed to do and I managed to do a decent lap. I messed up the last corner, getting a bit eager and overshot a little bit. Apart from that, it’s obviously a good result – but tomorrow’s the long one. Big thanks to the team.

Andreas Seidl, Team Principal
“P5 and P6, congratulations to everyone here at the track and back home at the factory. It’s McLaren’s best quali result for quite some time. After two solid sessions yesterday and another good free practice this morning, we applied everything we’d learned, including tyre usage, for qualifying.

“After a well-executed quali from the team and both drivers, we managed to achieve all of our objectives, progressing to Q3 and being able to start on Medium tyres, which could be very important in terms of the outcome of the race. But we’re not getting over-excited with this result, we’ll get our heads down and stay fully focussed. Points only get distributed tomorrow.”
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

godlameroso

Saishū kōnā

Big Tea

Re: McLaren MCL34

How does this work guys?

Do they take a complete staff to Germany (or they stay in German even) or do they turn up with a small number of people?

(I assume) the people running the facility would be a large part of the equation and I would not like to see a lost correlation just as they are getting back on their feet.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Did you hear the wind tunnel rumor a few monts ago here? 😎
#Toyota news soon.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

diffuser

I know 1 run in Q2 on med tire got cancelled for Max not staying on the circuit. Was the one that counted on Med?

_cerber1

bauc

The RedBull can carry more speed to the corners but the Mclaren gains so much on the strait's.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

chrisgr
chrisgr

f1rules wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 16:46
they are not using the updated front suspension
is this true?

I just want to say that I'm really happy for the result. I hope that we get the points we deserve tomorrow. I am happy for the progress we made. This is the most important. Mclaren has the most devoted fans (and Ferrari of course). We needed that result today and we need the points tomorrow.

Nivedanm
Nivedanm

I have a feeling that they use one car in FP 1 and 2 as a testing vehicle in every race...to try parts and get data. I think they do not use all those parts in that weekend. I believe they examine all that, tweak them based on the data collected, and use those revised parts in the next race. Probably what Norris drove since Friday were the updates they tested in Canada and not use. Looks like only now do they have that ‘big canada upgrade’ in the car fine tuned, validated, fitted and is fully functional. That could be the only explanation for the surge in their performance considering they have been denying they don’t have a big update for France and we’re slower than Renault in Canada.

If what I mentioned above is true, they will fine tune that new front suspension component they tested on Sainz’s car, make small aero changes to accommodate the airflow disturbed by that tiny bump and fit it in the next race.

mclaren113
mclaren113

bauc wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 20:37
The RedBull can carry more speed to the corners but the Mclaren gains so much on the strait's.
Did you notice on second 30 that max was all 4 wheels out of the track?

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

geogate
geogate

it quite humorous how everyone is making excuses for mclaren being fast...suddenly they got a secrete party mode (but Renault dont seem to), Ricardo says they have some trick development smh

godlameroso

It was close but he was still on track.
Saishū kōnā