2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
fouad1979
fouad1979

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

DiogoBrand wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 16:46
fouad1979 wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 16:43
Guys we were slow race pace wise i dont know why maybe the new suspension they need more tweak and setup but we were 2 s slower than a car who we did the same time in qualy
So you were honestly expecting McLaren to keep up with a Red Bull after the update? I'm surprised you didn't say they should be faster than Vettel, since he was slower on qualifying.
Did u see the race man we were 2 s slower than verstappen and 2.5 than vettel and 3.5 than hamilton so its cool to be up the grid but the gap in the race was huge maybe they setup the car more into qualy i dont know

dr_cooke
dr_cooke

Sainz was nursing the tyres from lap1. Each time he was asked to up his pace he did and matched requested lap time to the tenth. Lap times not representative at all of potential pace. There was nothing to gain ahead and a lot to protect behind

Darth-Piekus

Norris didn't finished 7th because yet again he had a kamikaze driver behind him. It's really annoying. This is the 4th time that happened against a Mclaren driver. What would the penalty do? Give him a place? Big deal. He lost 3 places.

Xero

fouad1979 wrote:
Guys we were slow race pace wise i dont know why maybe the new suspension they need more tweak and setup but we were 2 s slower than a car who we did the same time in qualy
They didn't run the new suspension after FP2 as far as I'm aware. There was more pace in the car than it looked, nursing the tyres pretty much the whole race. I think you were expecting too much, racing verstappen hinged on overtaking him in the first couple of laps, else he was always going to sail away.

McL-H
McL-H

fouad1979 wrote:
We had good pace. Were best of the midfield and in front of a Red Bull. What did you expect? Fighting Verstappen lol.. maybe next year. This season this is the best we get.

Darth-Piekus

It bothers me though that we can't increase that point gap to the other midfield teams by a lot. When we go to races that we are way better something bad happens and we can't increase that difference.

geogate
geogate

ha, apparently Landos discord server orchestrated the F1 vote for driver of the day

max_speed
max_speed

Riccardo costed Norris 7th. he must be given penalty , he left the track and came back on track and forced norris out.

fouad1979
fouad1979

McL-H wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 16:51
fouad1979 wrote:
We had good pace. Were best of the midfield and in front of a Red Bull. What did you expect? Fighting Verstappen lol.. maybe next year. This season this is the best we get.
Im just talking about the gab race pace i dont think anyone here expected than we'll be that far in the race

geogate
geogate

Im hearing lando had hydraulic issues

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

geogate wrote:Im hearing lando had hydraulic issues
Yes, which have an effect on everything... Gear shifts, braking, steering weight (losing the hydraulic steering), differential, suspension behavior probably too... It’s actually pretty spectacular that he hold on for as long as he did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darth-Piekus

It's a pity though. He would have managed to hold up 7th place if it wasn't for Ricciardo. It will be a scandal if he doesn't get a penatly as it was clear what he did.

bauc

Good job by the team. Lando got unlucky with the problem he faced in the last 15 laps, and that bad outcome when RIC passed him, he lost 3 places but lets wait and see what the final verdict will be as I think RIC should get 5 seconds penalty for the move against RAI & NOR
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Emag
Emag

Overall a great race. Some people probably got over-excited yesterday, but the truth is we were a midfield team two weeks ago. It was obvious we were going to be a midfield team this race as well. You can't expect that big of a difference in just two weeks. This year is about getting 4th from Renault, next year we can probably look to fight the RedBull a little more, but this year the priority is to be at the top of the midfield. I mean look at this race this time around compared to last year. It's night and day difference. Please people, keep your expectations in tact, this was a good day for the team.

Big Tea

SmallSoldier wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 17:04
geogate wrote:Im hearing lando had hydraulic issues
Yes, which have an effect on everything... Gear shifts, braking, steering weight (losing the hydraulic steering), differential, suspension behavior probably too... It’s actually pretty spectacular that he hold on for as long as he did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dont forget the DRS, which left him a sitting duck
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.