2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RS200E

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

SmallSoldier wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 19:55
RS200E wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 19:48
Yes, he got 2 - 5 second penalties... All considered, not a horrible outcome from the race.

Now on to Austria, where hopefully the package will also perform as well as it did in France... If the team can solidify a 4th place from here to the summer break, we could dream of fighting a little bit more upfront next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Don't.
Why not? There has been a very important improvement, not only year on year, but so far this year... Mclaren has clearly cut the gap they had to the front so far (yes, still a long way to go)... But they have a base that is allowing them to continue to develop through the season, which they have done so far.

Having the same regulations for 2020 should allow them to continue to build on the 2019 car... I don’t see why we couldn’t dream of fighting for P3 next year... Dreaming is free, right? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There is only negatives to come from this conversation, and that's because you are dreaming.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

charliesmithhd

now mclaren have the same points as they did this time last year

chrisgr
chrisgr

charliesmithhd wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 20:09
I will not try to argue about this. just come back and say the same at the end of the year :wink:

Emag
Emag

charliesmithhd wrote:
Without Alonso, without the lucky circumstances of the first couple of races, and with a much more competitive midfield. Very happy so far. I hope they keep bringing improvements to the car each race and keep this momentum.

RonDennis
RonDennis

charliesmithhd wrote:
Well, after the French GP Alonso's luck ran out. They are now scoring points on pure pace and that's a big difference.

bauc

RonDennis wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 20:41
charliesmithhd wrote:
Well, after the French GP Alonso's luck ran out. They are now scoring points on pure pace and that's a big difference.
Agreed, I have much more faith this year that we can fight for points on regular basis than last year
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Jackles-UK

One thing that Paul di Resta touched on during the Sky post-race analysis with Lando & Carlos rang particularly true with me: the McLaren camp seems like such a nice place to be right now.

I know it’s easy to be happy when you’re doing well but there seems to be a top down approach to the team where everyone from Zak, the drivers, chief engineers, designers, shareholders and all the guys back at the MTC all genuinely seem to be on the same page for the first time since, what, 2012?

As much as we all must acknowledge & appreciate the incredible talent of Fernando, I think that his presence had become a bit toxic within the team resulting in the whole organisation revolving around his quest for immediate success and removing him from that pedestal appears to have revitalised the McLaren recovery. Certainly his departure seemed to allow for a more gradual, sensible, long-term approach to this years car where the goal is building towards a goal slowly rather than chasing a “silver bullet” revolution to catapult them back to the front of the grid like there has been since 2015.

6th & 7th, 9th or 10th doesn’t really matter to me - this weekend is the first weekend where true team progress appears to have been made in many years and Zak Brown and the management deserve great praise for that.

zoroastar
zoroastar

AMG.Tzan wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 19:07
Why this team always has the same problem? Hydraulics! Since the Hakkinen days (maybe even Senna days) every single time a Mclaren stops, it's because of hydraulics! Raikkonen in 2005 and Hamilton-Button in 2012 are 2 great examples of hydraulic failures all the time!
you must not have been watching during the second honda partnership.

zoroastar
zoroastar

Jackles-UK wrote:
24 Jun 2019, 02:19
One thing that Paul di Resta touched on during the Sky post-race analysis with Lando & Carlos rang particularly true with me: the McLaren camp seems like such a nice place to be right now.

I know it’s easy to be happy when you’re doing well but there seems to be a top down approach to the team where everyone from Zak, the drivers, chief engineers, designers, shareholders and all the guys back at the MTC all genuinely seem to be on the same page for the first time since, what, 2012?

As much as we all must acknowledge & appreciate the incredible talent of Fernando, I think that his presence had become a bit toxic within the team resulting in the whole organisation revolving around his quest for immediate success and removing him from that pedestal appears to have revitalised the McLaren recovery. Certainly his departure seemed to allow for a more gradual, sensible, long-term approach to this years car where the goal is building towards a goal slowly rather than chasing a “silver bullet” revolution to catapult them back to the front of the grid like there has been since 2015.

6th & 7th, 9th or 10th doesn’t really matter to me - this weekend is the first weekend where true team progress appears to have been made in many years and Zak Brown and the management deserve great praise for that.
i dont know where people get this "toxic" thing. last years car was a dud, it had nothing to do with alonso. and the fact that they actually got it right this year has nothing to do with him either. even though he was driving for them as it was being designed. id say that he held it together pretty well considering that mclaren hadnt given him a decent car in the last 4 years. mclaren probably didnt need to be paying a salary as big as his when they were fighting at the back, but thats another thing all together.
it may be worth looking at the guys that actually created the bad car, and were fired, instead of putting it on a driver.

_cerber1

diffuser

zoroastar wrote:
24 Jun 2019, 05:18
Jackles-UK wrote:
24 Jun 2019, 02:19

i dont know where people get this "toxic" thing. last years car was a dud, it had nothing to do with alonso. and the fact that they actually got it right this year has nothing to do with him either. even though he was driving for them as it was being designed. id say that he held it together pretty well considering that mclaren hadnt given him a decent car in the last 4 years. mclaren probably didnt need to be paying a salary as big as his when they were fighting at the back, but thats another thing all together.
it may be worth looking at the guys that actually created the bad car, and were fired, instead of putting it on a driver.
I'm sure if it went this well in 2014 both Button and Alonso would have been happy.

RonDennis
RonDennis

Haha, dad and his two kids.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

RonDennis wrote:
24 Jun 2019, 08:30
Haha, dad and his two kids.
Couldn’t they find a bigger couch? :D
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Bisonas

Great Race for Mclaren.
Boring but realistically executed. NOR may was a little bit faster than SAI overall but since he lost the position on the first lap , well that was it.
They where driving to a Delta the whole race , especially after the pit stop. They where racing GAS, RIC and RAI and they knew that after a few laps.
They had a lot more pace but they had no reason to push the tyres or the car trying to measure up against each other or VES, or delay by a few laps VET passing them.
That was probably the easiest P6 for SAI and one of the most boring races for him.
And it would have been the easiest P7 for NOR also if he didn't had his problems.
Overall a very encouraging race for Mclaren.