2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.

Morteza

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

GhostF1

Bottas' reverting to his used Spec 1 PU, severe oil leak found on his new Spec 2. Unclear whether it can be fixed and whether they will need to introduce another PU.

digitalrurouni

Damn it. Bottas getting destroyed by bad luck. Toto was mentioned in an article about how they were wary of all these issues plaguing them before races. Looks like they definitely have some reliability work left to do.

AMG.Tzan

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/1144646845693681664

Hopefully it happens but there are...first Bottas and then Ocon in the middle!
And then there is Lewis! :?
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Morteza

digitalrurouni wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 12:18
Damn it. Bottas getting destroyed by bad luck. Toto was mentioned in an article about how they were wary of all these issues plaguing them before races. Looks like they definitely have some reliability work left to do.
I found this on the Mercedes website. So thankfully the problem is fixed.
- For FP1, Valtteri had to swap back to PU1 after an oil leak was discovered on PU2; he then swapped back to PU2 for second practice after the problem was resolved.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Just_a_fan

AMG.Tzan wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 20:10

Lewis will take it on. If Max beats him, then Lewis will say far enough you beat me. But he won't take it lying down. Which means Mercedes have to balance the odds of the drivers fighting each other to DNFs, or taking a younger driver to bring on.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Phil

Max wont go. He will be offered the contract of a century by RedBull and stay until 2020. Mercedes wont take him knowing what they will do beyond 2020 and what happens with Hamilton. That’s my guess. It’s just part of the contract negotiation time and game.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

izzy

Just_a_fan wrote:
29 Jun 2019, 02:20
Lewis will take it on. If Max beats him, then Lewis will say far enough you beat me. But he won't take it lying down. Which means Mercedes have to balance the odds of the drivers fighting each other to DNFs, or taking a younger driver to bring on.
Lewis won't vote for Max will he? That would be insane, with those records so close. He just won't run away if it happens. For the team, surely they want Max for 2021 not 2020, assuming Lewis actually is going to Ferrari then, which personally i believe he wants to otherwise he wouldn't have been talking to Toto about it.

Mercedes have the perfect team at the moment, they won't change it i don't think unless Jos can force their hand by threatening to take Max to Ferrari for 2021. I saw it said again yesterday that part of the team's success is that people don't leave, it's such a great place to be, so they've all been together for like 10 years, communicating and cooperating. Stability. They have the best driver, and the best wingman, who never take each other out, and are part of that great atmosphere, I don't see them changing it for another war zone

The only reason, thinking about it, would be to help F1 (and their investment in it) by introducing a massive dramafest while still having the dominant car. But the risk is Max and Lewis won't clash but will race respectfully and just blow everybody else away more than ever

Morteza

NL_Fer

AMG.Tzan wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 20:10

Ferrari is unhappy with Vettel, Mercedes is afraid that Hamilton will take the challenge of becoming wdc with 3 different teams and return Ferrari to succes.

Mercedes needs to be prepared and negotiate with Verstappen (and Vettel) to have a replacement if Hamilton decides to leave.

Although i personaly believe Hamilton will stay at least for 2020.

selvam_e2002

Hamilton will not leave and Why Mercedes need Max If Hamilton already full filling Mercedes need? Botta also doing good so why need to bring problem into the team.

Max will stay at RB....the news are all rumors.

GPR-A

This is what Lewis had said at the time of previous contract negotiations. I don't think there is any kind of double cross going on there, where one is double guessing the other. So, one can expect that there would be clear mutual understanding about making any kind of decision. I feel Lewis would continue until 2022 and then would most likely retire and until then, there is no place for another rooster in the hen house.

https://scroll.in/field/887258/hamilton ... h-mercedes
I said from day one ‘I am not looking anywhere else… I’m not talking to anyone else. I am not investigating to see what other options there are. I’m not playing you against anybody else. While I know there are drivers calling you, which I expect, I also trust you are not thinking to do anything else. So, we can take our time’.”

erudite450

It would be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. Hamilton would likely have a better race pace than Bottas. If Hamilton is stuck behind Bottas, it'd be interesting to see whether Mercedes swap them around considering the championship versus a potential race win.

izzy

erudite450 wrote:
29 Jun 2019, 19:26
It would be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. Hamilton would likely have a better race pace than Bottas. If Hamilton is stuck behind Bottas, it'd be interesting to see whether Mercedes swap them around considering the championship versus a potential race win.
Surely they've learned from Sochi last year how much it damages Valtteri to be moved aside. The worst they'd do would be to pit Lewis first, i bet, and even that'd be quite a putdown