Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
ispano6

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

restless
restless

I think maybe, just maybe, they went all or nothing - power to The Max , win or lose it all.
Think this unit won't hold 7 races, but who cares!? ;)

sn809
sn809

We should add
#PoweredbyHonda

damager21
damager21

restless wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 18:11
I think maybe, just maybe, they went all or nothing - power to The Max , win or lose it all.
It does not have to last 7 race. I feel another engine upgrade will available immediately post summer break

epo
epo

damager21 wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 18:26
restless wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 18:11
It does not have to last 7 race. I feel another engine upgrade will available immediately post summer break
Marko told a significant power upgrade Is coming at Spa or Monza.

nzjrs

Interesting comments in the press conference - Bottas said they couldn't run high engine modes (for cooling reasons), and had to lift and coast often. Compared with Max and Honda who ran mode 11 for 30 laps. It's a good sign concerning the cooling and the entire package.

toraabe
toraabe

Things are beginning to come together. Big congratulations to Honda.

lio007

It's been so overwhelming to witness the win live today at the GP! Well deserved!

roon
roon

nzjrs wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 21:18
Interesting comments in the press conference - Bottas said they couldn't run high engine modes (for cooling reasons), and had to lift and coast often. Compared with Max and Honda who ran mode 11 for 30 laps. It's a good sign concerning the cooling and the entire package.
There could be a reliability trade off here--with the engines needing to last several more races. Cooling issues may be a way of saying posterity and long-term strategy. In future races Merc may be choose to switch on their higher engine modes for a return to normal pace. However, the Honda unit may indeed now have improved efficiency, lowered cooling requirements. Time will tell.

nzjrs

roon wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 21:51
nzjrs wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 21:18
There could be a reliability trade off here--with the engines needing to last several more races. Cooling issues may be a way of saying posterity and long-term strategy. In future races Merc may be choose to switch on their higher engine modes for a return to normal pace. However, the Honda unit may indeed now have improved efficiency, lowered cooling requirements. Time will tell.
That's probably a factor, but I thought it was notable that Bottas explicitly described cooling as the reason for turning it down now. I suppose he could have meant "the long term affects on reliability due to operating in high modes at this temperature", but to me it sounded more acute than that.

loner

curious to think this PU has some advanced A.I, they are bridging failures now the PU reboot or going in safe mode for few second then bridge the failure and restore maximum power.. not the first race Max complained from loss of power then restore power rapidly.
para bellum.

Bill
Bill

It was just a failed sensor on the exhaust I sure. Is not intergral to the running of the engine.nice victory for Honda last week some people were calling them to leave

f1rules
f1rules

big congrat to all Honda and all you fans! You went went through very hard times so this must feel really sweet :)

PowerandtheGlory
PowerandtheGlory

A great victory for Honda, impressive that they could run for longer while Ferrari were in fuel-save and Merc had turned their engines down because of overheating. Great Race as well.
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

aleshondas
aleshondas

What was the fail 3 fail 03- problem???