2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JordanMugen

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

yener wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 19:09
I think we saw Pierre for the last time in the RB15, now he can watch the last season of Game of Thrones 😉
Hmm, will Red Bull take Kvyat to see how he goes?

They may as well I think. Gasly may be more comfortable in Toro Rosso car too.

If Kvyat goes well, then Red Bull can keep him for 2020. If not, Red Bull can then set about signing Hulkenberg as second driver for 2020. (Poor Kvyat used as a placeholder! :shock: )

Bill wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 21:25
Rbr don't need more power they needed more grip to prevent the car from sliding that's what have been holding the car back .
I think so. That was what the push for 2018 tyres by Red Bull and Ferrari was for. Now that this vote was lost, what else can they do to get the tyres in the right window? (other than hoping for 50 degree track temperatures every race!)

It seems it is not straightforward to redesign the Red Bull car to make it harder on tyres (just as it was not straightforward for Mercedes to redesign their car to make it easier on here at Austria).

Marti_EF3

I've the feeling that Honda has stepped up the game with the PU knowing the reliability is OK for pushing more. And they don't need to save, because there are another PU upgrade soon. But anyway the whole PU seems strongly reliable, and what is awesome is that for me they've become one of the best fuel efficient PU on the grid.
Max was pushing all the race battling everywhere, and even on the last laps the team told him to be on Mode 11 during remaining race for more power!! If the last update brings more power, but they keep or even improve the efficiency. It will be massive!

etusch

I was believe Max can win until the start then I thought it's gone.
But now I think if it start failiure were not happened this first win could not be so sweat. Outstanding win. Most exciting race of the year by now.

Karim28
Karim28

Bill wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 21:25
Rbr don't need more power they needed more grip to prevent the car from sliding that's what have been holding the car back .maybe the new upgrades works or perhaps the hot temperatures helps with tyres but only time will tell.
I agree with you that the team should have more grip from the tires.
More grip to be in the same level in the front but more power to be the 1st on the grid.
Honda and The team made our expectations very high.. Let's wait what's coming

Jambier

Still gaining despite weaker engine, good job!

roon
roon

Nine races in, RB have more race victories than Ferrari and Verstappen has more points than Vettel. The constructors championship points discrepancy between them is the next piece of the puzzle for this team to solve.

Remevs
Remevs

Honda power today was amazing, Verstappen had the power to attack Leclerc and still brake out of 1 second DRS before the race was over, absolutely amazing hats off to Honda =D>

lio007

Ah...I can't resist: wonder what Cyril and McLaren are thinking now.

godlameroso

The credit goes to both circuit layout and the Red Bull package improving every race. Will be interesting to see if things are again so close in Britain, where fuel efficiency and power are just as important as efficient downforce.

There are more long low speed corners in Silverstone, which is where the Mercedes shines, and long flat out areas which demand tons of grip to get the most advantage, which is where Ferrari's strength lies along with their straight line advantage.

There are some high speed corners, but reckon they're easily flat this year so will be a much more difficult race for Red Bull. Sector 3 will be the big test, and if Verstappen can match Mercedes there I'll say game on.

Then there's the unpredictable British weather which may play a factor in both qualifying and the race.
Saishū kōnā

JordanMugen

lio007 wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 22:17
Ah...I can't resist: wonder what Cyril and McLaren are thinking now.
McLaren are happy, they have good drivers, good car, good team, good power unit too. :)

Cyril is probably confused why the Renault chassis is so slow when McLaren (and in previous years Red Bull) showed the Renault power unit is competitive enough.

McMika98
McMika98

Great recovery driving by Max just an amazing talent. The package delivered today and it seems the Merc were nursing the engines by lifting and coasting.
As for the other car to be caught by an inferior car which was lined at the back of grid is just pathetic. I hope they call Albon to do some test runs in the sim and compare to Gasly this week. Looking at how good Lando is doing Albon would definitely not be behind the Mclarens.

Sieper

Tough question. Gasly today did not have the same aero package, nor the higher power modes. That makes it difficult to overtake and If your stuck you are stuck and compelled to ride that pace. But then again, the attempts did seem rather lacklustre.

Gasly HAS to start showing more.

ispano6

To be fair Gasly didn't have the package to perform. Max was spot on - a little grip from better balance and Honda turning up the wick when other's had to turn it down made a difference. Gasly should clear the midfield when he gets his upgrades.

Honda gave a shout out to Toro Rosso for helping them get on the right path, and before the season started credited Pierre Gasly's P4 finish for leading the way. So taking that into account, this win is also thanks to Pierre.

j.yank
j.yank

McMika98 wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 23:23
Great recovery driving by Max just an amazing talent. The package delivered today and it seems the Merc were nursing the engines by lifting and coasting.
As for the other car to be caught by an inferior car which was lined at the back of grid is just pathetic. I hope they call Albon to do some test runs in the sim and compare to Gasly this week. Looking at how good Lando is doing Albon would definitely not be behind the Mclarens.
Please, quote your own writings before this race. Thank you!

Marti_EF3

j.yank wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 23:51
McMika98 wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 23:23
Please, quote your own writings before this race. Thank you!
Just don't bother to reply him anymore. The reality speaks enough for him to return to the cave with that delusional claims.

On the other hand, I also expect Gasly will become better from now on. With a better package with more grip, it will suit his driving style better and will deliver at least what is expected from a 2nd driver with a short experience. I will give him until summer break to see what is capable of with a more stable package. He's a nice guy and he performed well at STR, and like @ispano6 said, the start of the recovery and boost morale for Honda, was that great result with Pierre on Bahréin. So I hope and I expect he will be fine