2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
hurril

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

NL_Fer wrote:
05 Jul 2019, 21:18
I really believe the Mercedes is not much of an upgrade from Renault anymore. Now Renault has sorted their reliability problem, they are as good on Sunday and just slightly behind on Saturday. Ferrari would be and upgrade, but not gonna happen.

Besides that, they left Mercedes because it was not a works deal and it is proven Mercedes turns down their customer engines it the feel the need to do so.
Where can I read more about this?

diffuser

hurril wrote:
05 Jul 2019, 21:21
NL_Fer wrote:
I really believe the Mercedes is not much of an upgrade from Renault anymore. Now Renault has sorted their reliability problem, they are as good on Sunday and just slightly behind on Saturday. Ferrari would be and upgrade, but not gonna happen.

Besides that, they left Mercedes because it was not a works deal and it is proven Mercedes turns down their customer engines it the feel the need to do so.
Here...that isn't allowed.

hurril

diffuser wrote:
05 Jul 2019, 22:27
hurril wrote:
NL_Fer wrote:

I'm having trouble parsing that. It's proven on this forum but its contents must not be detailed in this thread?

diffuser

hurril wrote:
05 Jul 2019, 23:21
diffuser wrote:
hurril wrote:

I'm having trouble parsing that. It's proven on this forum but its contents must not be detailed in this thread?
https://www.racefans.net/2018/02/23 ... titive/

RonDennis

If you can get the Mercedes, you take the Mercedes. It’s as simple as that. Stop acting like the chassis needs a complete redesign. I’ll doubt it will happen, although it would be another step to getting back to the front. McLaren-Mercedes =D>

mclaren113

Very informative report 👍🏻

Ground Effect

RonDennis wrote:
06 Jul 2019, 00:51
If you can get the Mercedes, you take the Mercedes. It’s as simple as that. Stop acting like the chassis needs a complete redesign. I’ll doubt it will happen, although it would be another step to getting back to the front. McLaren-Mercedes =D>
Engine formula is staying pretty much the same for 2021, if not entirely. The engines have largely converged, with Renault and Honda the only ones still making significant gains. Take a look at the Mercedes spec 2, which seems a little less bullet proof. Most likely coming about as a result of their pursuit of more performance. If there must be a switch, it shouldn’t be before 2021. The chassis is still well over a second down on the top 3, making up most, if not all of McLaren’s deficit.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

_cerber1

I'm starting to worry about PhillipM, it looks like his champagne plan didn't work. And now the McLaren engineers will find out from him what the fans write on the forums. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ground Effect

_cerber1 wrote:
06 Jul 2019, 10:53
I'm starting to worry about PhillipM, it looks like his champagne plan didn't work. And now the McLaren engineers will find out from him what the fans write on the forums. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I just hope he didn't spend all his money on champagne...
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Cbckly917

hurril wrote:
05 Jul 2019, 23:21
diffuser wrote:
hurril wrote:

There was a time that Mercedes and others would keep their maximum engine modes a secret from their customers, something that was outed by a member of Lotus after 2015 concluded. However that practice has been banned for a couple years, any modes the works team uses must be made available to their customer teams.

Andres125sx

NL_Fer wrote:

You need to update your database, that was banned some years ago, now any PU manufacturer must provide same PU spec and same mappings to all of their customer teams :wink:

godlameroso

I really hope these new updates pan out, then they can take the fight to Gasly's Red Bull, and 6th will be on the cards every race.
Saishū kōnā

ME4ME

Andres125sx wrote:
06 Jul 2019, 14:13
NL_Fer wrote:

You need to update your database, that was banned some years ago, now any PU manufacturer must provide same PU spec and same mappings to all of their customer teams :wink:
Thats such a greyzone though. The modes can be available hardware and software but that doesnt mean that the Mercedes engineers in the back of the garage would ever give the go-ahead to apply them. Contractually im sure Mercedes has full control over how their unit is run,and the costumer might not even know the full extent of the power modes available.

the EDGE

ME4ME wrote:
06 Jul 2019, 16:23
Andres125sx wrote:
06 Jul 2019, 14:13
NL_Fer wrote:

Thats such a greyzone though. The modes can be available hardware and software but that doesnt mean that the Mercedes engineers in the back of the garage would ever give the go-ahead to apply them. Contractually im sure Mercedes has full control over how their unit is run,and the costumer might not even know the full extent of the power modes available.
Do you really think Williams & Racing Point would be happy running around at the back of the pack if they thought Mercedes had turned their engines power down, and they wouldn’t be protesting from the roof tops?

Or Mercedes would be happy seeing their customers beat by their competitors when they could just flip a few switches and give them more power?