2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Video can’t be viewed in my location :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nivedanm
Nivedanm

PhillipM wrote:
07 Jul 2019, 19:37
Emag wrote:
06 Jul 2019, 17:48
PhillipM wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 17:25
Could be, I'll see if I can get anyone to talk next weekend, champagne helps lubricate tongues :D
Did the champagne trick help, or did you end up drinking a little too much to remember the details :D
There's a Silverstone package coming, the new front suspension should be run for testing again, but apart from that they were keeping tight lips on details or floor :(
=D>

Great news! They are now in 'less-talk-more-work' mode.

Lucky
Lucky

news arrives in the central part of the car for the Great Prize of England and works for major changes and more visible for the Germany
https://extraconfidencial.com/noticias/ ... -mercedes/

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Lucky wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 12:40
news arrives in the central part of the car for the Great Prize of England and works for major changes and more visible for the Germany
Very interesting article, does anybody know if the journalist is reliable?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

I have a quick question. will Patfry exit impact 2020 car? How James key handle current situation. It seems Patry did most of the work for 2019 and it is producing very good result.

If we don't see similar improvement in 2020 car with Jameskey, how we can handle the situation? It is just a doubt.

M840TR
M840TR

Lucky wrote:
Mercedes is one of the cars with less rake, travels very flat, and hence its excellent speeds in straight, while Red Bull, the inventor of the trick, is the one that always has the highest rake. When in the Catalan track they reduced the rake of the MCL34 all their geometry varied, other behaviors began to arrive and with it, other results
Can anyone confirm this with before after images? First I'm hearing about it...

Emag
Emag

selvam_e2002 wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 13:45
I have a quick question. will Patfry exit impact 2020 car? How James key handle current situation. It seems Patry did most of the work for 2019 and it is producing very good result.

If we don't see similar improvement in 2020 car with Jameskey, how we can handle the situation? It is just a doubt.
Pat Fry was one of the engineers that worked on the car. He may have had lead role, but he is not fully responsible for the performance of the car this year, just like Key wont be fully responsible for next year. McLaren now has a good platform and plenty of good and talented people to work with in the future. It's still a shame Pat Fry left. His insight and experience is valuable for any team in F1.

diffuser

M840TR wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 14:06
Lucky wrote:
Mercedes is one of the cars with less rake, travels very flat, and hence its excellent speeds in straight, while Red Bull, the inventor of the trick, is the one that always has the highest rake. When in the Catalan track they reduced the rake of the MCL34 all their geometry varied, other behaviors began to arrive and with it, other results
I know the less rake more top speed is wrong. If you get it right, it allows you to run more DF without affecting top speed.

Merc, at least this year, are struggling with speed in straights.

McLaren, since the beginning of the year, run slightly less rake. Same or a little less than RBR, last year they ran more than RBR.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Lucky wrote:news arrives in the central part of the car for the Great Prize of England and works for major changes and more visible for the Germany
Interesting article... Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

diffuser wrote:
M840TR wrote:
Lucky wrote:
I know the less rake more top speed is wrong. If you get it right, it allows you to run more DF without affecting top speed.

McLaren, since the beginning of the year, run slightly less rake. Same or a little less than RBR, last year they ran more than RBR.
But Merc has always had low rake and high top speed, it would seem that this particular season they have are suffering from a more draggy configuration to create more downforce.

The article does seem more of an opinion piece than based on actual data, clearly boasting Sainz... The journalist has been involved in F1 for a couple decades now, which doesn’t necessarily mean that he is a good source.

godlameroso

So big visible changes for Germany, but a decent chassis update in the middle of the car.
Saishū kōnā

PhillipM
PhillipM

Forgot to mention that the parts for Silverstone are only worth 1-2 tenths I was told. So either the previous half second was just conjecture from Sky or that package/floor/etc, might be what is delayed until Germany/later.
Last edited by PhillipM on 08 Jul 2019, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

godlameroso wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 16:12
So big visible changes for Germany, but a decent chassis update in the middle of the car.
Fernando? :D :lol:
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

diffuser

SmallSoldier wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 16:11
diffuser wrote:
M840TR wrote:

But Merc has always had low rake and high top speed, it would seem that this particular season they have are suffering from a more draggy configuration to create more downforce.

The article does seem more of an opinion piece than based on actual data, clearly boasting Sainz... The journalist has been involved in F1 for a couple decades now, which doesn’t necessarily mean that he is a good source.

Right and I just pointed a couple things that are wrong. So I am not likely to believe anything he writes.....Not to mention that if you painted RBR car McLaren orange, the average person would have problems telling them apart.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

diffuser wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 16:11
diffuser wrote: I know the less rake more top speed is wrong. If you get it right, it allows you to run more DF without affecting top speed.

Right and I just pointed a couple things that are wrong. So I am not likely to believe anything he writes.....Not to mention that if you painted RBR car McLaren orange, the average person would have problems telling them apart.
For me the MCL34 has little to do with the RBR... Seems more like a mix of the interesting traits from most cars in the grid (not saying that they copy anyone per se, but I can see different cars in it).

The front wing = Ferrari
The nose = Alfa
The narrow front and cape = Mercedes
The Sidepods = RBR
The Rear Wing mounts = Haas

I would say that the bargeboard area and rear wing are just theirs :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk