2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Maplesoup

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

diffuser wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 19:35
zoroastar wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 17:12
diffuser wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 16:51

They're just uprights, you can see them being used in furniture in the 19th century. Not sure how far back they go. They hold the wing up and carry hydraulics for the drs. Nothing ground shattering.
theres a little more to it than that c: they effectively give the rear wing more surface area, allowing for more lateral stability. this video sortof explains it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiL8g3j-3CQ
Again not earth shattering. They had it last year except it was a single upright with the DRS over it, the swan look wasn't apparent. With the change in rear wing regulation, a single upright wouldn't carry the df. They'll find a way to return to a single upright.
Yea that's not right. Teams have been using twin swan necks in previous years as it can have some aerodynamic benefit depending on the car concept.

If the teams wanted a single support of course they could build one strong enough if anything the twin support is slightly heavier than a single support would be.

NiyolHuayra

Lando and Carlos will both be driving next year for McLaren.

Darth-Piekus

And that ends the question if Alonso will ever be back in F1. I think 2018 Abu Dabi was the last race for that great driver. I will miss him.

Jackles-UK

Darth-Piekus wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 21:49
And that ends the question if Alonso will ever be back in F1. I think 2018 Abu Dabi was the last race for that great driver. I will miss him.
I wouldn’t say that F1 are never going to see him again, there is a real lack of drivers with super licences ready to slot into cars in times of crisis (like a serious injury or absence). We all bid farewell to Jenson before he returned for a one-off but I think you’re probably right that a full-time seat is now out of the question barring out a dramatic occurrence like a Rosberg-style shock retirement.

Jambier

Good decision to keep this line up.
They seems to go along well, Lando is impressive for its first year, so nothing to change here =D>

bauc

Great news about Carlos and Lando staying for 2020. They get along pretty well and also they push each other hard so overall a WIN WIN for me
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

_cerber1

M840TR

AMuS

Macklaren

I sort of miss the old empty sidepods now. Looked a lot more elegant than a giant sponsor name plastered on it. But sponsors pay the bills so :) :)

genarro

A lot of sponsors = happy days :D

diffuser

Macklaren wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 17:47
I sort of miss the old empty sidepods now. Looked a lot more elegant than a giant sponsor name plastered on it. But sponsors pay the bills so :) :)
ROFL!

diffuser

ScottR267

Odd that they keep changing the location of the BAT products sponsor. I thought that they did it as a one off for Monaco as a good Will gesture so to speak following the indy500 failure.

ESPImperium

Seemingly Zak Brown is having issues with his phone, its ringing off the hook with companies wanting to sponsor the team. Those side pods, if it was the Vodaphone money, it would be $35m a year, however they had the rear wing and front wing flaps as well. So id say it's maybe $25m a season the team could get.

Ill say this, I think Mclaren will be signing some quite lucrative deals over the next 6 months, deals that if they have the right finance, could quite easily allow the team better resources going into 2020 and more importantly into 2021.

McLaren have turned the corner, now to let them get on with the job in hand, chase Red Bull, Ferrari and Mercedes. They are the team that are most likely to make the leap as they have the facilities and personnel in place. Renault will follow shortly after. Alfa and Racing Point will be the top of the mid pack once they do their facility upgrades and STR and Haas will challenge them. Williams, that's another thing.

However, all at woking seems as if its doing well, the personnel are all pulling towards the same goal. Stability has came, now to build on it.

shotzski

ESPImperium wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 22:15
Seemingly Zak Brown is having issues with his phone, its ringing off the hook with companies wanting to sponsor the team. Those side pods, if it was the Vodaphone money, it would be $35m a year, however they had the rear wing and front wing flaps as well. So id say it's maybe $25m a season the team could get.
Is this factual information (especially the figures), or more of a gut feel? I sure do hope they could land more major deals soon. =D> =D> =D>

I saw a video of Carlos and Lando's Skydiving challenge. I dunno if it's already been posted in the thread. I'll just post the link of the site. Fun to watch.

https://amp.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... GI2oc.html