2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mansell89

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Pure wild speculation on my part but with McLaren signing Norris and Sainz for next year, one suspects Alonso would only return to F1 now for one final roll of the dice with Ferrari or Renault, his previous teams.

Could anyone see that happening or was there bad blood at the end of their relationship that would mean it’s just not gonna happen? For example if Vettel called it time, would they turn to an Alonso?

Xwang

I, as a Ferrari fan, hope that Alonso will not drive again for the Scuderia in F1 at least. His political ability to damage a team is greater than his driving ability IMHO.

Cuky

Xwang wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 22:52
I, as a Ferrari fan, hope that Alonso will not drive again for the Scuderia in F1 at least. His political ability to damage a team is greater than his driving ability IMHO.
Me too. He is bloody great driver, but he is also a bomb waiting to explode and take everything with himself if things aren't going well.

EDIT:
https://www.essentiallysports.com/scude ... ransporter

selvam_e2002

is Vettel able to handle pressure and politics in Ferrari Team? BIG NO and it is causing their championship point and lost last year WDC and WCC right?

Who else going to do that part? Lec no way! I would say Alonso is good fit for Ferrari if Vettel leaves the team.

One final note: if ferrari do politics then obviously Alonso need to do same. Right? We cannot say whats happening within the team until you worked with them, so don't go by media report and news.

will come to know by SG F1 race whether Alonso coming back or not.

Cuky

selvam_e2002 wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 19:15
We cannot say whats happening within the team until you worked with them, so don't go by media report and news.
That is true. In this day and age you can't really blindly believe what is written in media. But then again, quite a few people who worked with him said that he is really a hard person to work with. Last of them was someone from Toyota's WEC program (if not even team principal?).

gdanielwesley

selvam_e2002 wrote:is Vettel able to handle pressure and politics in Ferrari Team? BIG NO and it is causing their championship point and lost last year WDC and WCC right?

Who else going to do that part? Lec no way! I would say Alonso is good fit for Ferrari if Vettel leaves the team.

One final note: if ferrari do politics then obviously Alonso need to do same. Right? We cannot say whats happening within the team until you worked with them, so don't go by media report and news.

Alonso isn't comming back ..he is just high maintenance.

Ferrari' s problem is the car. They failed to develop at the same rate as the others during the last few years.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

diffuser

gdanielwesley wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 20:16
selvam_e2002 wrote:is Vettel able to handle pressure and politics in Ferrari Team? BIG NO and it is causing their championship point and lost last year WDC and WCC right?

Ferrari' s problem is the car. They failed to develop at the same rate as the others during the last few years.

Ferrari doesn't have the knowledge to admit that they're better off with him. Fernando was right. All these year later and they just keep imploding. He was wrong for leaving but not for bitching.

Vasconia

gdanielwesley wrote:

Well, the problem this year is that they failed with the concept. In 2018 they only failed to develop the car in three races where the last update(Singapur) was bad, plus Vettel´s and the team´s mistakes and we have the reason behind the loss of the championship.

Partymood

diffuser wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 01:01
gdanielwesley wrote:

Ferrari doesn't have the knowledge to admit that they're better off with him. Fernando was right. All these year later and they just keep imploding. He was wrong for leaving but not for bitching.
But you do =D>

diffuser

Partymood wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 10:10
diffuser wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 01:01
gdanielwesley wrote:

But you do =D>
Yep, would have won last year with me :mrgreen: ...he would have been driving for us.

marvin78

who is us? If you are with the team you should tell them where thy are wrong. They obviously dont't know that.

diffuser

marvin78 wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 19:04
who is us? If you are with the team you should tell them where thy are wrong. They obviously dont't know that.
No, I'm not with the team, a bit tongue and cheek. Just saying if I was calling the shots last year, with regards to who was driving for Ferrari, my choice would have been Alonso. He would have won with the car they had last year.

diffuser

marvin78 wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 19:04
I think they know it. Just a question of pride. Alo dump us, F him. Sometimes you got to be bigger than that.

marvin78

So you did not detect my sarcasm. I wonder what else you don't get and if that is the reason why you don't understand a decision made by a group of people nobody of us knows.

diffuser

marvin78 wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 20:29
So you did not detect my sarcasm. I wonder what else you don't get and if that is the reason why you don't understand a decision made by a group of people nobody of us knows.
Good Sarcasm bit. Still standby what I said.