2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
McMika98

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

gokarter wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 17:33
just had a read, it seems the new upgrade rear wing was only present on gasly car giving him more downforce than max. no wonder max pace was slower than gaslys
Max messed up his soft tyre run, his fastest time was on mediums on first stint. He didn't improve laptime on softer tyre as he went off few times.

Pace wise Merc is nearly a second quicker than anyone in race pace. Merc 1 2 gauranteed. Ferrai might be slower.

gokarter

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/tech ... e/4492682/
its mentioned here. not sure if that extra downforce made the difference. but suprising gasly is quicker than max

godlameroso

Looking at the long runs, it seems Mercedes is back to normal and out of reach. Might have enough pace to bother the Ferraris.

Gasly is closer to Verstappen so far, which is looking good for him. Verstappen may be sand bagging though, if he keeps his normal advantage then they're still a few tenths off the Mercedes as Hamilton and Bottas could do mid 30's in their long runs, and Gasly and Verstappen can only do mid to low 31's.

Of course setup could change for tomorrow, and we don't know fuel levels or engine modes which can muddy things.
Last edited by godlameroso on 12 Jul 2019, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
Saishū kōnā

etusch

Can Max use old spec fore fp sessions?

etusch

Wouter wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 14:04
ME4ME wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 13:42
Wouter wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 13:12

Gasly to Formula E because he isn't as good as Max? #-o
Why the facepalm? Not at all a crazy suggestion from Etusch. Vandoorne being the prime example of the fate of an underdelivering driver after being destroyed by Alonso - and he had an even more impressive junior resume.

If Gasly is not good enough for F1 and then has to go to the FE, then at least 10 drivers can also leave for the FE.
Gasly had to drive a swabbing RB15 and he was unable to do so.
The RB15 runs very stable with the new updates.
I hope that Gasly in his 2nd year, with little experience, can show that he is quite a good driver.
Whether he is good enough for a top team remains to be seen, but otherwise he is good enough for a middle team
and he really does not need to go to the FE.

And by the way .... My opinion is that Stoffel is a very good driver and certainly belongs in F1.

The #-o was perhaps a bit exaggerated. Sorry for that @Etusch.
It is ok man. No problem.
In fact I was expecting much more from him and a bit upset because of that. So he lost all my faith on him. But I will be very happy if he did well from now on which I don't expect .

Sieper

It would indeed be weird Etusch, agreed. I did expect (preseason) that Gasly could challenge in the qually. So far an almost no show.

mclaren113

etusch wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 19:10
Can Max use old spec fore fp sessions?
He can use whatever he wants in FP

Sieper

Problem is that the spec 2.0 unit was send to Sakura after the FP2 crash in Austria and nobody knows If it is back yet (still ok for use). If not Max was running his current race engine today.

nzjrs

Sieper wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 00:06
Problem is that the spec 2.0 unit was send to Sakura after the FP2 crash in Austria and nobody knows If it is back yet (still ok for use). If not Max was running his current race engine today.
I believe there is no chance one runs race engines (or gearboxes) on Friday if there are any other options in the pool
Last edited by nzjrs on 13 Jul 2019, 14:07, edited 1 time in total.

Stef

Or he could use the spec 1 engine, it was not damaged, I think.

Marti_EF3

Gasly is on full Mode 11 this weekend :lol:

He managed to be only 0.2 down on the Ferraris and Hamilton. We will see when the Q modes kick in, but that's much better than I was expecting yesterday. And some rain can turn things exciting. But definetely seems the whole package (Honda and RBR) is finally delivering seriously =D> :mrgreen:

Justthatek

Marti_EF3 wrote:Gasly is on full Mode 11 this weekend

He managed to be only 0.2 down on the Ferraris and Hamilton. We will see when the Q modes kick in, but that's much better than I was expecting yesterday. And some rain can turn things exciting. But definetely seems the whole package (Honda and RBR) is finally delivering seriously =D> :mrgreen:
Shows how awful he was at trying to set the car up before switching to Max's setup for this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SF Engineer

Justthatek wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 13:18
Marti_EF3 wrote:Gasly is on full Mode 11 this weekend

Shows how awful he was at trying to set the car up before switching to Max's setup for this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Drivers don't set cars up by themselves. Undoubtedly his feedback could have been better, but the result is ultimately a combination of the driver and his engineer and the level of understanding they have between one another.

etusch

Sieper wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 00:06
I thought this one didn't sent to sacura because of it is just a fp engine anyway

etusch

Gasly is still fast and this gives me hope that Max can have shoot for pole.