2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PhillipM

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

The final version of the floor isn't ready, they were still testing different iterations, that suggests it might not come for Germany either given the lead time on a floor, but I would expect the bargeboards updates to be consolidated there.

Ground Effect

Darth-Piekus wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 16:55
Wasn't the new floor an update or something or was it a small one and we expect a big one in Germany?

Also this rule in Q2 is really pathetic.
I agree with you 100% on the Q2 tyre rule, it punishes the quicker midfield drivers, the grid position advantage is minuscule compared to tyre advantage/available strategies. 8 honestly don’t know if the new floor was run in qualy and race, or just tested during the FP’s
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Ground Effect

PhillipM wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 17:00
The final version of the floor isn't ready, they were still testing different iterations, that suggests it might not come for Germany either given the lead time on a floor, but I would expect the bargeboards updates to be consolidated there.
Suspension?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

SmallSoldier

Darth-Piekus wrote:Wasn't the new floor an update or something or was it a small one and we expect a big one in Germany?

I actually like the rule... It does spice things up in the midfield, since it could be a handicap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ground Effect

SmallSoldier wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 17:03
Darth-Piekus wrote:Wasn't the new floor an update or something or was it a small one and we expect a big one in Germany?

I actually like the rule... It does spice things up in the midfield, since it could be a handicap.

The midfield hardly needs spicing up, it leaves the guys pushing for P7-10 exposed and at the bigger disadvantage, so what’s the point? If the rule brought the front closer to the midfield, then it would be brilliant, but it doesn’t. The top 6 ride off into the sunset, away from the midfield, irrespective of tyre choice.

bauc

Great race by SAI again, we kept 6th from RIC, and an unlucky SC timing for LAN who was brilliant today especially lap 1. Overall i'm pleased with our performance today, but there is still a lot work needed to keep 4th in constructors as I think we were neck & neck with Renault today.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

bauc

Ground Effect wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 16:46
Phew! I hope Germany is less stressful!
Amen for that!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

PhillipM

Ground Effect wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 17:02
Suspension?
I don't know, I was told they were going to try it again here at Silverstone but we never saw it - whether that was just because they were testing the other update options they had against each other and didn't have time, or they intended to try it in FP3 but the rain started, or just bad intel on my part (although they've been spot on about most stuff before), I'm not sure. I'll ask when I get chance though.

ispano6

NiyolHuayra wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 16:48
What a race! SAI earned this P6! Bad luck for NOR and we have yet to see the "big" update on this car as Renault already brought it in France!
Ric was faster because they removed some of the France updates, which ended up not working as they had hoped.

SmallSoldier

Ground Effect wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 17:03

The midfield hardly needs spicing up, it leaves the guys pushing for P7-10 exposed and at the bigger disadvantage, so what’s the point? If the rule brought the front closer to the midfield, then it would be brilliant, but it doesn’t. The top 6 ride off into the sunset, away from the midfield, irrespective of tyre choice.
I respectfully disagree... For as “processional” as most races have been in the last few years, the tire choice added something different to what otherwise were very boring races... On the other hand, beyond “luck” (like for Carlos today with the Safety Car), 9 times out ten the fact that the top 10 start on the same tires from Q2 has hardly have had an impact on the race result... With a lot of times, most of the field ending up on the same tires as the front regardless... I find it interesting from an strategic stand point, especially when we haven’t seeing a lot of on-track action (besides the last 2 GP’s) for quiet some time.

But, let’s not pollute this thread with this discussion :)

Dipesh1995

EJ saying McLaren will announce a Mercedes engine deal soon.

fouad1979

Dipesh1995 wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 17:39
EJ saying McLaren will announce a Mercedes engine deal soon.
Where did he said that in his room on his bed !!!!

RonDennis

SmallSoldier

Thanks for the videos!

AMG.Tzan

any video of EJ saying that Mclaren will go with Mercedes in 2020?
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis