2019 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 12-14

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

Re: 2019 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 12-14

falonso81 wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 17:07
Max was way off line and hit the brakes way too early. There was no way he could make the chicane. Of course the driver from behind will get the penalty.
he braked early but he wouldn't make the chicane? what?

Brake Horse Power
Brake Horse Power

Vettel took the blame, how are people here than blaming Max. Great race, almost no penalties, good entertainment!

siskue2005

Justthatek wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 17:08
So after Lerlec's driver of the day vote, does that mean he is now the best driver in the world right now?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
So are you basing this on fan votes on the fia website, which was hacked last week to get Kubica the driver of the day in Austria??

seense
seense

Awesome race! Great racing between LEC and VER. Vettel already admitted it was his mistake. =D>

Justthatek
Justthatek

GPR -A wrote:
Justthatek wrote:
So after Lerlec's driver of the day vote, does that mean he is now the best driver in the world right now?

Atleast he is not pushing drivers out to gain position with wheel banging and leaving track to gain advantage. That should certainly make him "best driver in the world" on relative terms.
couldn't of said it better myself.

max_speed
max_speed

i am an official lecrec fan now. what FIA cant do.. other drivers could not do Lecrec did today.
He gave Verstappen taste of his own medicine , he taught him a lesson , he should never forget. Absolutely mega drive from him. Best race of the season. fights all over the track. this is how f1 should be. may be Ferrari instructed Vettel to "avenge" the "austria" :) hahaha. Ferrari should replace "Vettel" with "Alonso".

GPR-A

There should be a big shout out for Pirelli for having made tyres that drivers can push without being cry babies. What a shame, Red Bull and Ferrari wanted them changed.
Last edited by GPR-A on 14 Jul 2019, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.

izzy
izzy

Just_a_fan wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 17:02
izzy wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 16:57
Max does a subtle late block in the braking area, closes off what was a clear line, causes a collision, and the stewards are oblivious, again
I think Max had shown his intention to keep the inside line. There was an acre of space to the right that Seb should have used - like Leclerc did earlier in the race :wink: . No penalty for me on this one. Gaining advantage off track? That's where the issue is for me.
If you walk through this video frame by frame, you can see that as he's going under the gantry Max is moving to the middle, covering the right, and there's space on his left, then as he passes the brake marker board he's moved left and closed it off. Then Seb moves right a bit to hit him square not wheel to wheel, just like Ric did, and that disguises it a bit

Justthatek
Justthatek

siskue2005 wrote:
Justthatek wrote:

So are you basing this on fan votes on the fia website, which was hacked last week to get Kubica the driver of the day in Austria??
It was more the fact he managed to race hard without having to play bumper cars.

Wynters
Wynters

Great drive from Leclerc. Not only holding off faster cars flawlessly, but also over took both Gasly and Verstappen around the outside.
It's a good thing he was on it this weekend because the rest of the team weren't. "We've pitted the leader under the SC. Job done, pizzas for everyone!"
"Shouldn't we also pit Leclerc?"
"Who?"

Super unlucky for Bottas, although I don't understand how he didn't get fastest lap on the last lap. He should know by now that is when Hamilton goes for it.

Haas were also super unlucky. Drivers have been deliberately banging wheels face-to-face for years and for it to lead to both cars retiring is very unfortunate. What an absolutely appalling year for them.

Another good performance from McLaren. They've got 4th spot sewn up. Great drive from Albon too, despite the team boning him on tyres. Does anyone know what happened with Albon and Norris?

Williams seem a little faster than normal.

Race Director dropped the ball a couple of times early on but made up for it later in the race. Crofty, on the other hand, continues to have absolutely no idea what is going on butis happy to broadcast his ignorance as loudly as possible.

Overall, a great Grand Prix.

Big Tea

GPR -A wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 17:17
There should be a big shout out for Pirelli for having made tyres that drivers can push without being cry babies. What a shame, Red Bull and Ferrari wanted them changed.
Good call, they get slagged often enough, cred where it's due
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

izzy wrote:

If you walk through this video frame by frame,
Seb said sorry to Max. Enough said. Moving on.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Morteza

Justthatek wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 17:18
siskue2005 wrote:
Justthatek wrote:

It was more the fact he managed to race hard without having to play bumper cars.

He was the best driver today considering the car he drives, very clean and precise racing. Definitely my favorite driver this season
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

TwanV
TwanV

max_speed wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 17:14
i am an official lecrec fan now. what FIA cant do.. other drivers could not do Lecrec did today.
He gave Verstappen taste of his own medicine , he taught him a lesson , he should never forget. Absolutely mega drive from him. Best race of the season. fights all over the track. this is how f1 should be. may be Ferrari instructed Vettel to "avenge" the "austria" :) hahaha. Ferrari should replace "Vettel" with "Alonso".
Why lesson? I don't think any of them both need any teaching, great stuff from the pair. Although all this Ferrari defense cost RB a chance of victory, the pace was there.
Hamilton : nice drive but sooo lucky today.

GPR-A

Big Tea wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 17:20
GPR -A wrote:
Good call, they get slagged often enough, cred where it's due
Does stupids still consider the front wing simplification was bad? Cars have been following each other so well, even on a high downforce, fast and flowing corner circuit and are managing to overtake.