Formula E

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
marmer

Re: Formula E

For me your going for the championship Verne should have backed off after the move failed instead of sticking it up he inside to much to lose for a relatively small gain. He has lost much more by getting taken out by Massa

jjn9128

marmer wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 08:32
For me your going for the championship Verne should have backed off after the move failed instead of sticking it up he inside to much to lose for a relatively small gain. He has lost much more by getting taken out by Massa
Exactly. He tried to wrap up the title there and then and ended up giving 2 more drivers a shot at it in the final race.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Sawtooth-spike

jjn9128 wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 12:02
marmer wrote:
Exactly. He tried to wrap up the title there and then and ended up giving 2 more drivers a shot at it in the final race.
True. Verne didn't need the place, if he finished where he was, de grassi would have needed to have a perfect qualifying and race.
That being said, I think Massa didn't need to squeeze the apex so tight. Other cars had gone side by side though there. I think Verne had earned the right to be there.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

jjn9128

Sawtooth-spike wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 12:13
That being said, I think Massa didn't need to squeeze the apex so tight. Other cars had gone side by side though there. I think Verne had earned the right to be there.
TBF he only earned the right to be there by driving Massa off the track at t1 with a desperate lunge. Always gonna be the case that Massa would be a bit more robust after that. He also had less to lose. It's still likely Vergne will win today. Unless they get pole, fastest lap and win Evans and Buemi have no hope. Di Grassi could do it with a win with Vergne 8th or lower (and without fastest lap).

Just hope the race is as good.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Lauren Variant

wow :o :o

aral

marmer wrote:
vergne was correct. he is a racer and his job is to finish as high up the order as he could. he made the move and then massa just pulled over on him.
you can also argue that knowing that he wasnt in a fight for the championship, felipe should have not defended so robustly !

marmer

aral wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 13:57
marmer wrote:
vergne was correct. he is a racer and his job is to finish as high up the order as he could. he made the move and then massa just pulled over on him.
you can also argue that knowing that he wasnt in a fight for the championship, felipe should have not defended so robustly !
Massa is fighting for his championship position also why should he have to give up his place.

Sometimes finishing as high as possible might be to just finish where you are instead of taking risks especially so close to the finish line

tpeman

The last round was a great one! The overtaking this time round was aggressive and risky, but it was fair as well. Great season by Vergne, at one point he was 11th in the championship. At one point, I really thought D'Ambrosio would have won it with consistency, but he ended up 11th in the standings.

marmer

tpeman wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 08:37
The last round was a great one! The overtaking this time round was aggressive and risky, but it was fair as well. Great season by Vergne, at one point he was 11th in the championship. At one point, I really thought D'Ambrosio would have won it with consistency, but he ended up 11th in the standings.
I thought Pascal would win it it until he run our of charge on the last lap of whatever race it was lol

FrukostScones

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

jjn9128

No. Championship exclusion for that. Race/season ban for that. That's Briatore/Symmonds/Piquet levels of bringing a sport into disrepute. I think what saved him is that Techeetah didn't act on it.
#aerogandalf

tpeman

jjn9128 wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 09:57
No. Championship exclusion for that. Race/season ban for that. That's Briatore/Symmonds/Piquet levels of bringing a sport into disrepute. I think what saved him is that Techeetah didn't act on it.
Bad intentions without action remain bad intentions. If we heard everything a driver said during the race, things wouldn't look pretty. It would've been cruel if the team listened to it. Many drivers have asked for a SC to go out before, haven't they? Is this bringing a sport into disrepute?

What I'm trying to say is drivers have ridiculous demands during the races (this is a clear example), and if the team decides to support them or the driver acts on its own, then there should be a penalty. Thoughts and words are just... thoughts and words. The penalty is fair.

jjn9128

tpeman wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 10:07
Bad intentions without action remain bad intentions. If we heard everything a driver said during the race, things wouldn't look pretty. It would've been cruel if the team listened to it. Many drivers have asked for a SC to go out before, haven't they? Is this bringing a sport into disrepute?
Pleading for a safety car when a car is already stopped is different to asking for your teammate to stop on track to cause a safety car. Any time marshals have to enter a race track risk is increased. See Monaco pit exit Perez in F1 this year (under safety car), the marshal killed in Canada falling under the lift truck (under safety car), and a number of others I can't be bothered to list.
#aerogandalf

marmer

Do we know which drivers are being kept for next year.

For me paffet and Massa need to go too old not shown anything.

I would also drop vandorne he can't be cheap and hasn't looked great but I fear they will keep him just because of how much fan boast vote he gets..
Or am I missing something with stoff I just can't see why anyone would vote for him.

nacho

That call from JEV is a bit retarded, given that all radios are open, good job from the team not acting on it.

Hasn't Vandoorne been pretty good, and I think they had a lot of car issues in the beginning of the season.