2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ringleheim

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Mansell89 wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 21:57
Pure wild speculation on my part but with McLaren signing Norris and Sainz for next year, one suspects Alonso would only return to F1 now for one final roll of the dice with Ferrari or Renault, his previous teams.

Could anyone see that happening or was there bad blood at the end of their relationship that would mean it’s just not gonna happen? For example if Vettel called it time, would they turn to an Alonso?
I would love for Ferrari to ditch Vettel in favor of Alonso for 1 or 2 more seasons; he would be an immediate improvement in that seat while Leclerc continues to develop.

Any bad blood Freddy would have had with Ferrari would have been with personnel no longer there, at least for the most part, in top positions.

I don't see why he couldn't come back.

Vettel seems to be transitioning to another stage of life focused on "retirement" and his family/children and what not. He's just nowhere close to where Leclerc is, for exmample, with his life still firmly revolving around F1 and his driving career.

Out with Vettel, in with Alonso! I'd love to see it.

Avocado

diffuser wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 20:03
He would have won with the car they had last year.
I can't believe how delusional you people are.

jumpingfish

How many years people will dream about old Fernando in Ferrari? It's closed page now.

diffuser

Avocado wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 19:21
diffuser wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 20:03
He would have won with the car they had last year.
I can't believe how delusional you people are.
I don't want to troll but today is another example.

tpeman

Ringleheim wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 18:33
Mansell89 wrote:
Pure wild speculation on my part but with McLaren signing Norris and Sainz for next year, one suspects Alonso would only return to F1 now for one final roll of the dice with Ferrari or Renault, his previous teams.

Could anyone see that happening or was there bad blood at the end of their relationship that would mean it’s just not gonna happen? For example if Vettel called it time, would they turn to an Alonso?
I would love for Ferrari to ditch Vettel in favor of Alonso for 1 or 2 more seasons; he would be an immediate improvement in that seat while Leclerc continues to develop.

Any bad blood Freddy would have had with Ferrari would have been with personnel no longer there, at least for the most part, in top positions.

Vettel seems to be transitioning to another stage of life focused on "retirement" and his family/children and what not. He's just nowhere close to where Leclerc is, for exmample, with his life still firmly revolving around F1 and his driving career.

Alonso seems done with F1 and to be honest, if he returned after 1 year of no formula racing, I don't think he will be any close to Leclerc who seems to be the best Ferrari have got in the past 10 years. If anything, Vettel is still fast and can deliver solid points, and is a nice benchmark for Leclerc. Alonso is old, and he is no long term option. Why not try Ricciardo or Kvyat - quite young, very fast and with experience? On second thought, Hulkenberg might also be a great addition to Ferrari. At least until Giovinazzi and/or Mick Schumacher are ready?

selvam_e2002

Vettel is not doing good so Lecrec shining in each and every race. It does not means Lecrec is a good driver nor Vettel is a bad driver.

What we are trying to say here is, why not Alonso instead of Vettel for 1 year. What Ferrari is going to lost with Vettel or Alonso? right? If it s clicked with Alonso why not? It is a try right?

Are Ferrari going to keep Vettel in 2020? I am 100% sure they will not. It seems if Vettel do these kind of mistake, RB will be in Second position.

So, come to the point, leave Alsonso for now, who is going to replace Vettel? Name a driver who can match Hamilton and can drive Ferrari in 2020. I think no one except Alonso.

Take an example:

1. Vettel win 4 WDC with RB, that time every one praised him as he is next legend but not... once the car is not good he cannot deliver, Daniel Ricciardo beaten him clearly
2. Take Daniel Ricciardo, he went to Renault, but takes time to show his true talent i.e how much a driver can adjust him self for a Race Car. I doubt that Max as that skill.

RB produced two drivers as of now Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo but they are struggling with other Manufacture Race car. I do except same for Max, if he joins Ferrari and if car is not good.

Ferrari need a driver who can delivery consistently not like Vettel and Leclerc. They both are prone to error.

diffuser

Ringleheim wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 18:33
Mansell89 wrote:

Me too, don't think it is likely but would love to see it.

diffuser

jumpingfish wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 19:52
How many years people will dream about old Fernando in Ferrari? It's closed page now.
Probably. Doesn't cost anything to dream.

Big Mangalhit

I think Ferrari really needs to throw everything to hire Hamilton. It doesn't even need to be as a driver, can be as a strategist TBH. He showed in Silverstone to be a better strategist inside his own car and with limited information than all of Ferrari pitwall

langedweil

selvam_e2002 wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 21:27
RB produced two drivers as of now Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo but they are struggling with other Manufacture Race car. I do except same for Max, if he joins Ferrari and if car is not good.
Really ... !?
There is only one guy challenging Ham every now and then, even with (so far) inferior material ..
I really wonder how good Ham truly is against these youngsters when his almost free-first-start-rows disappear as soon as the party-mode advantage is finally killed off.
HuggaWugga !

Polarit

Ferrari's future is Leclrec. He's showing he has what it takes and the fight and character to not worry about a 4 time world champion next to him. They don't need Max.

Hamilton isn't going anywhere and tbh I don't see Mercedes anytime soon putting a driver who may upset the balance next to him. Potentially Ocon.... maybe they'll bring in Russell with strict orders but I think with those top records in sight, they want the brand recognition and accolades of the best ever and tbh they've both deserved them.

Red Bull will do everything in their power to keep Max. I think though after Hamilton in theory equals or breaks records they'll go all out for Max and the next generation or they may pull out and call it job done.

-------

All the arguments about young drivers and Hamilton are silly. He's going to be a 6 time world champion and hold nearly every record in the book. I don't think there's a driver current who can beat him over a season. Too much experience and he's still got speed.

Jambier

There is no reason for HAM to go to Ferrari

Since Alonso departure, Ferrari as a weak line up.. but finally Leclerc is here, and he is future of the scuderia.
Question is: Who to replace Vettel ? He has always been a medium level driver, and now it seems that it is the end for him.

Max will stay at RBR for sure

Cuky

Jambier wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 09:10
Question is: Who to replace Vettel ? He has always been a medium level driver, and now it seems that it is the end for him.
We heard it here folks, 4 time world champions are now considered medium level drivers :lol:

Cbckly917

If Vettel's always been medium level, I guess that's what we should call every WDC in F1 history. No F1 driver has ever won the WDC without the best, equal best, or best reliable car (and that's not a slight against anyone). How quickly we forget how toxic the team environment was with Alonso. Alonso can't bring a team direction, he can't help develop a car (especially when Ferrari has admitted their wind tunnel doesn't accurately simulate real conditions well), and he can't help generate a winning culture alongside a competitive teammate. He and Leclerc would be at war in half a year just like McLaren-Mercedes 2007.

santos

Big Mangalhit wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 16:35
I think Ferrari really needs to throw everything to hire Hamilton. It doesn't even need to be as a driver, can be as a strategist TBH. He showed in Silverstone to be a better strategist inside his own car and with limited information than all of Ferrari pitwall
The most popular driver on the most popular team. It would be good for Ferrari. I bet they would do even more money. But i don't think they need a better driver. They need a better car and be better at strategy. Leclerc gave everything he could on the quali and ended up third. Wich was a surprise for me when looking at the gap. Didn't expect them to be so close. But in the race, Red Bull would take at least the third from him.
Don't say that Vettel is a medium driver. He won 4 titles. At the moment he his not ok. I belive he took a big hit in morality after Canada.