2019 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 12-14

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
langedweil

Re: 2019 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 12-14

izzy wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 10:19
Yay thank you :) Seb's move was aggressive but suppose Max hadn't made that late block and it had been a stunning pass? Anyone else that's what it would've been

The stewards were a disgrace to miss it if you ask me, all the angles they're supposed to have, and yes that 10s is just timid. Tho they're right to be timid because they are in fact hopeless at their job!
Can't really grasp your beef with that clash .. it feels like the 25th "I'm right !" post. Guess we get your point, not all agree, but it's clear I guess.
HuggaWugga !

GPR-A

langedweil wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 04:13
izzy wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 10:19
Yay thank you :) Seb's move was aggressive but suppose Max hadn't made that late block and it had been a stunning pass? Anyone else that's what it would've been

The stewards were a disgrace to miss it if you ask me, all the angles they're supposed to have, and yes that 10s is just timid. Tho they're right to be timid because they are in fact hopeless at their job!
Can't really grasp your beef with that clash .. it feels like the 25th "I'm right !" post. Guess we get your point, not all agree, but it's clear I guess.
How different is it when more than 25 people like you come to say, "you are wrong". So, it evens out. Can't grasp your beef with Max defense either.

langedweil

How on earth is this a defense to Max or a "you are wrong"!?
They raced hard, they hit, people looked at it, guys had a chat, a sorry was exchanged, and that was that.

Really couldn't care less who was involved, I finally saw some proper over-the-edge racing between a bunch of guys in different places. Finally after years and years .. I hope for a lot more to come.
HuggaWugga !

Andres125sx

Jolle wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 17:00
Sierra117 wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 16:50
Ah yes, we've finally arrived at the last stage of every topic's life cycle - Driver Wars!
More a "yes but Alonso".... :D
Are you really posting this after saying Lewis is the most perfect driver ever seen in F1? :wtf: #-o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jolle wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 15:25

let's put in other words: Hamilton has reached a level of perfection never seen before in F1. At the moment he's the most complete driver in the history of the sport. The car control of Clark and Senna, the endurance of Schumacher, the economical driving of Prost, the persistence of Mansell and Villeneuve combined with he reliability of Hamilton.

izzy
izzy

langedweil wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 04:13

Well if you haven't grasped it by now it's because you don't want to use evidence. The stewards ignored a dangerous second move, again, never grasped what went on either, but they're supposed to

also, let me say as i really object to that post, i never just say "I'm right", i use evidence. Then people argue and it's a lazy copout to suggest I'm the one who's supposed to shut up about it, without offering a shred of evidence of your own.

It's annoying to my sense of justice that Vettel went for a GAP, that did exist and I proved it existed and almost everybody just carries on mindlessly with the Vettel bashfest, on the wrong guy. People go on about wanting hard racing and he goes for THE GAP and gets taken out with a sly second move and most people won't look at it again they go with the guy who has the image.

it's f1 as an example of real life. Same as a big, confident guy with stage presence gets shown to be a groper, people vote him to be their president anyway! So many people believe what they want to believe, first of all
Last edited by izzy on 17 Jul 2019, 11:35, edited 1 time in total.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

There was no "dangerous second move", that's why. Of all the stuff presented on here about this incident, the stuff showing no move is the more compelling evidence. That's from a dispassionate observer, at least.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

GPR-A

If anyone thinks Verstappen did not move twice, simply doesn't want to see the second move. From 0:06 to 0:10, you would clearly see his head moving looking into mirrors to then position his car based on where Vettel's car is. The second move wasn't a full move, but enough to position the car for a crash, while quickly slowing down the speed.

Last edited by GPR-A on 17 Jul 2019, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.

Titchener
Titchener

GPR -A wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 11:30
If anyone thinks Verstappen did not move twice, simply doesn't want to see the second move. From 0:06 to 0:10, you would clearly see his head moving looking into mirrors to then position his car based on where Vettel's car is. The second move wasn't a full move, but enough to position the car for a crash, while quickly slowing down the speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KUixlLrO6c
At what point would you classify the first move occurred then?

izzy
izzy

Titchener wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 11:32
At 33s on the overhead, as they go under the gantry, Max is defending the right side, the outside line. You really need to slow it down, with Settings, Playback speed, 0.25. It's fairly obvious at 8s too from the front

GPR-A

Titchener wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 11:32
GPR -A wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 11:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KUixlLrO6c
Watch when Vettel moves to left, Verstappen reacts and when Vettel moves right, once again Verstappen reacts.

Webber2011
Webber2011

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 03:32
komninosm wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 23:55
I honestly think if Vettel had gotten a black flag 2 years ago in Baku and was forced to apologize he would be a better driver today. I think he's living a lie of sorts all this time. If he had been forced to face his worst self back then he would have been able to hit the reset button and recover his mentality pretty soon.
I mean the guy is not slow, he's won 3 championships too, he at least beat his team mates even if he had best car (not always so).
I think it's partly the Ferrari influence too (team and fans). If he had been in another team and gotten punished properly in Baku he wouldn't have the bad psychology festering in his mind all this time.
What about when he crashed into webber behind the safety car in 2007 Japan, no penalty, then he crashed into webber again in 2010 Turkey, again no penalty and the team tried to put some blame on Webber, also he crashed into Karthekeyan in Malaysia 2012 and the idiotic stewards penalized KAR instead of a fully at fault VET. He has been coddled as the golden child his entire career and that is exactly why he has never needed to fix his behavior.
Great post, very well said.
You have described my thoughts exactly.

Sebastian Vettel was treated by Red Bull in a manner that has made him who he is today.

During his years with them, every driving mistake, every dummy spit, it was all pushed under the rug.

He was flattered by insanely dominant Newey rocket ships and blatant favouritism over his teammate.

Since he's moved from under the wing of Marko and Horner, what has he accomplished exactly ?

Sfa..................

And Max is fast becoming Vettel 2.0

izzy
izzy

Just_a_fan wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 11:15
There was no "dangerous second move", that's why. Of all the stuff presented on here about this incident, the stuff showing no move is the more compelling evidence. That's from a dispassionate observer, at least.
what stuff showing no move? do you mean the lines someone drew on the empty track? and btw i'm at least as dispassionate as you :P

falonso81

Seeing this from straight on is pretty obvious Max made 2 moves with the 2nd one being a half move as he always does so as to avoid penalty. Thanks for the video GPR-A.

GPR-A

Exact same maneuver in Baku!!!

Juzh

hamilton vs bottas

https://streamable.com/xse3l