2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ME4ME

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

I don't think there is a headache, I think we're getting ahead of ourselves with expectations.
Spec 4 is said to be scheduled for Monza, 9 (?) weeks from now.
Spec 3 has only done 3 races: France, Austria, Great Britain. It should easily be able to do Germany and Hungary.

diffuser

Wouter wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 14:35
mclaren113 wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 14:09
This year's win wasn't on merit..without Ferrari screwed tyre strategy and mercedes cooling problems it wouldn't be a win
Not on merit??

Did RBR screwed up the tyre strategy? NO
Did RBR have cooling problems? NO.
So they did a better job than the other teams en deserve to win.
yep, I agree. I don't like the way way Max Passed but the rules are the rules. I didn't know defending rules are different than for the passer. There are also now 2 sets of rules in F1, 1 for Passing or being passed by Max and passing or being passed by everyone else, atleast that the way it looked to me with LeClerc at the last race. Anyways Max was definitely faster at the end of that GP.

loner

Wazari wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 17:36
loner wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 15:22
can't they make a touch screen steering wheel with voice command attached by wire to mic in helmet :D
I don't think touch screen would be ideal in this situation. They are trying to make the changes a driver having to make as foolproof as possible. Having been in the current generation simulator, IMO it is a chaotic, violent environment and between the G-forces, bumps and wearing gloves I don't think a touch screen would serve too well. There are over 50 settings a driver can change while driving and that is why almost everything is a two-step process. Just a way to confirm the change. For example, the Mode button gives a driver access to typically 20+ settings that are pre-programmed primarily for deployment and harvesting mappings. To go from "Mode 6 to Mode 7" requires the driver to turn the dial to the "+" position that has a detent and push the button once. Push it twice and it will go Mode 8, etc. The "-" position does the opposite. Simply turning the dial does nothing. That is reason why there is a blank position between the "+"and "Race","-" that does nothing as to try to prevent further driver error.

As far as voice command, there are times I have come close to throwing my Alexa out the window.
the world most best and top notch motor sport and the pinnacle of all .. need a better helmet with an advanced computer and a better technological steering wheel.
when you say a front wing could cost 200k$ well f35 helmet with a very advanced computer worth around 500k$.
para bellum.

Wouter

HondaPOD wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 19:45
:idea: For my point of view, the options will be :
- in Germany, If the team think the win is in hand, change the engine for Gasly and a STR driver otherwise change the PU for Max and give him the best option for the future races.
- in Hungary, change the engine for Max (or Gasly if not made yet) and the second STR driver.

If they decide to take the penalties before the summer break, the next suitable race to take penalties would be Russia.

It's a shame that we don't have a second driver that has won races. Gasly is not there yet.

Asaki said they would like to introduce a Spec 4 around Race 14 and have it completely dialed in by Japan be able to
"open it up" fully for Suzuka.
The Power of Dreams!

roon

Did Renault foresee this season? Is that why the lured Ric out with a big payment? Ric+Ver+Honda would have been trouncing Ferrari for strong second in the constructors.

lio007

Maybe I'm bit pessimistic, but I'm afraid the gap to Merc is going to increase because they are supposed to bring a significant update to Hockenheim and AFAIK RB won't.

diffuser

roon wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 20:56
Did Renault foresee this season? Is that why the lured Ric out with a big payment? Ric+Ver+Honda would have been trouncing Ferrari for strong second in the constructors.
All RBR had to do was match Renault's offer. They didn't cause it would have meant paying Ric more than Max.

diffuser

lio007 wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 21:03
Maybe I'm bit pessimistic, but I'm afraid the gap to Merc is going to increase because they are supposed to bring a significant update to Hockenheim and AFAIK RB won't.
Don't be pessimistic..that is the beauty of F1, it can also be a complete fail!

lio007

diffuser wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 21:13
roon wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 20:56
All RBR had to do was match Renault's offer. They didn't cause it would have meant paying Ric more than Max.
Do we think money would have been the only reason for RIC to leave the team.

Sieper

diffuser wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 20:20
Wouter wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 14:35
mclaren113 wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 14:09
This year's win wasn't on merit..without Ferrari screwed tyre strategy and mercedes cooling problems it wouldn't be a win
Not on merit??

Did RBR screwed up the tyre strategy? NO
Did RBR have cooling problems? NO.
So they did a better job than the other teams en deserve to win.
yep, I agree. I don't like the way way Max Passed but the rules are the rules. I didn't know defending rules are different than for the passer. There are also now 2 sets of rules in F1, 1 for Passing or being passed by Max and passing or being passed by everyone else, atleast that the way it looked to me with LeClerc at the last race. Anyways Max was definitely faster at the end of that GP.
That was a decided pass, which left every opportunity to yield. Which Leclerc didn’t do, banking on a penalty I am sure. Did you see Leclerc slamming to the right on the end of hangar straight last race? That left no opportunity for Max to decide to abort the overtake attempt. If you disagree with Max way of driving, even singling him out I am curious as to how you see such attempts?

lio007

diffuser wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 21:15
lio007 wrote:
Beauty or horror, depends on the team you support ;-)

For me it's highly unlikely they could fail (unfortunately, I have to admit)

Capharol

diffuser wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 21:15
lio007 wrote:
or maybe the update isn't as good as everybody saying it is?
just wait and see what happens next week

Wouter

Translated with google translate from Motorsport Italia.

Incredible Mercedes: a new W10 chassis approved!

Brackley's team has passed all crash tests at Cranfield with a lightweight body that introduces a couple of new concepts. It has not been decided if he will make his debut at Hockenheim. The world champion team prepares for a qualitative leap fearing Ferrari and Red Bull Racing.

The Mercedes is ready to take an advanced version of the W10 to the track: according to rumors that are filtered by Cranfield, Brackley's team would have passed the crash tests of a new body.

The new carbon frame of the W10 will not be recognizable when the car is mounted, but the Brackley technicians have tried to trim the weight of the body since the silver single-seater is the one with the longest wheelbase and, therefore, is subject to having a mass greater.

For this it is not said that Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas will have the evolution frames already in Germany: the debut will almost certainly not take place at Hockenheim, although at Brackley they do not want to waste time after seeing the growth of Red Bull now able to challenge the Red in being the challenger of silver arrows.
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/incre ... 0/4498638/
The Power of Dreams!

Pyrone89

Expect Mercedes to get another half a second of pace if this is true
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

diffuser

Pyrone89 wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 00:35
Expect Mercedes to get another half a second of pace if this is true
How many pounds would it have to loose to gain .5 of a second?