Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Pyrone89

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Pyrone89 wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 17:54
Wazari wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 17:23
Pyrone89 wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 03:41
On the Verstappen forum Schummie01 (who is trusted over there, but I cant verify it) says Honda have a special cooling fluid that is ahead of the competition allowing them to detune less in warm weather. Maybe Wazari can confirm this
I don't think so. Honda does use a "waterless" coolant formulated for them but I would think the other manufacturers are all using a similar coolant so I don't think it would that far ahead of the others if at all.
Thx Wazari,

Hope things are going better. If I may ask a second question: how do likely do you think the mentioned plan is to use TR as a testimg bed for 2020 specs during the last races? And what do you make of the image posted above regarding dual inlet and outlet turbo’s?
Hi @Wazari, see my above post. Are you able to give info on this? Thx and all the best.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Wazari

Pyrone89 wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 20:21
Pyrone89 wrote:

Thx Wazari,

Hope things are going better. If I may ask a second question: how do likely do you think the mentioned plan is to use TR as a testimg bed for 2020 specs during the last races? And what do you make of the image posted above regarding dual inlet and outlet turbo’s?
Hi @Wazari, see my above post. Are you able to give info on this? Thx and all the best.
At this point, I don't think so. They are still testing specs that I think were intended for 2019, not 2020. Although slightly ahead of schedule, 2020 Specs will probably not be ready until this winter. As of 4 weeks ago, there were 2 upgrades still planned for this year. One minor and one major. I imagine they will be introduces to both STR and RBR at the same time.

I don't understand what you mean "make of the image...".
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

Pyrone89

Wazari wrote:
24 Jul 2019, 01:38
Pyrone89 wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 20:21
Pyrone89 wrote:

Thx Wazari,

At this point, I don't think so. They are still testing specs that I think were intended for 2019, not 2020. Although slightly ahead of schedule, 2020 Specs will probably not be ready until this winter. As of 4 weeks ago, there were 2 upgrades still planned for this year. One minor and one major. I imagine they will be introduces to both STR and RBR at the same time.

Someone posted a CAD imagine of the Honda basically having a twin turbine set-up which looked weird.

Pyrone89

ispano6 wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 16:48
Is this new information? Honda has shown this since the beginning of the season.
Dual inlet, dual outlet, split turbo physically connected and it's orientation.
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/f8e4/1 ... h409zg.jpg
This image

ispano6

There is an electric turbo is there not?

Craigy

Wazari wrote:
24 Jul 2019, 01:38
This is an English idiom. In this case, it means "what's your opinion of the image".

Pyrone89

Max just said the FIA ordered them to box and change PU settings. Very curious what this is about. Source:F1Maximaal (Dutch)

Capharol

Pyrone89 wrote:
26 Jul 2019, 17:29
Max just said the FIA ordered them to box and change PU settings. Very curious what this is about. Source:F1Maximaal (Dutch)
don't take this site seriously please

Pyrone89

Capharol wrote:
26 Jul 2019, 17:39
Pyrone89 wrote:
Because?

Capharol

Pyrone89 wrote:
26 Jul 2019, 17:50
Capharol wrote:
26 Jul 2019, 17:39
Pyrone89 wrote:
Because?
its just a click&bait site .... producing hot headlines with stories that aren't true (most of the time, even a blind chicken find his food somehow)

HPD

What @Pyrone89 said was correct. I don't know why people give negative votes when someone brings news.
Marko: "The engine was on the wrong mapping. We could only fix that in the box."
@Amusf1
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... satzteile/

Capharol

HPD wrote:
26 Jul 2019, 23:02
What @Pyrone89 said was correct. I don't know why people give negative votes when someone brings news.
Marko: "The engine was on the wrong mapping. We could only fix that in the box."
@Amusf1
:wtf:

not sure but the article is gone.....

Edit: fixed it for you, but where does it say it was ordered by the FIA, it only saying that the mapping was wrong and they only could fix that in the garage .... nothing about FIA

Pyrone89

Capharol wrote:
26 Jul 2019, 23:40
HPD wrote:
@Amusf1

Edit: fixed it for you, but where does it say it was ordered by the FIA, it only saying that the mapping was wrong and they only could fix that in the garage .... nothing about FIA
Max has just confirmed it in his standard Friday sit down with Dutch press: “The FIA ordered us to change something on the engine setting”. And “the reason they ordered us to change was because the throttle response was no longer matching the drivers input, which is required by the rules”

restless

sneaky... they tried to cheat to accumulate more power? ;)

Capharol

Pyrone89 wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 01:06
Capharol wrote:
26 Jul 2019, 23:40
HPD wrote:
@Amusf1

Max has just confirmed it in his standard Friday sit down with Dutch press: “The FIA ordered us to change something on the engine setting”. And “the reason they ordered us to change was because the throttle response was no longer matching the drivers input, which is required by the rules”
heard it to, and sorry for doubting you....
although i find it strange that the FIA interfers in the mapping, because as far as i know these is up to the teams themselves .... not sure what to think, maybe someone with more technical inside could answer this question