Haas VF-19 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Morteza

Re: Haas VF-19 Ferrari

Craig Scarborough wrote:Haas have been running the two clutch paddle "KR" spec Ferrari steering wheel this year. RG clearly has the one paddle "SV" version here in Austria.

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Just_a_fan

I wonder what the "indicator switches" do - the stalked switches at the top of the wheel. Anyone know?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

ScrewCaptain27

Just_a_fan wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 19:19
I wonder what the "indicator switches" do - the stalked switches at the top of the wheel. Anyone know?
I remember seeing a video where they said they were DRS switches.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Justthatek

Are they bringing any updates this weekend?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

f1rules

according to danish media they will run two complete different spec cars all weekend through to help understand their problems and if their updates worked, so one will be of old spec
EDIT
grosjean with australia spec

Formula Wrong

Does anyone know what that "cable" is that could be seen hanging from the broken front wing and nose of Grosjean's car?
If you no longer go for the space someone always has to leave, you're no longer a racing driver

SmallSoldier

Formula Wrong wrote:Does anyone know what that "cable" is that could be seen hanging from the broken front wing and nose of Grosjean's car?
Probably for the height sensor and a few others that may be in the front wing... They take some of Aero Sensors away to save weight for qualifying and race

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScrewCaptain27

motorsport.com is reporting that Magnussen will have a new aero package for Hockenheim. Grosjean will use the Melbourne-spec car for comparison.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

humble sabot

So, that's pretty much a repeat of Silverstone, are they now trying to figure out if their Melbourne gear at Silverstone was a one-off?
the four immutable forces:
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

ScrewCaptain27

humble sabot wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 07:20
So, that's pretty much a repeat of Silverstone, are they now trying to figure out if their Melbourne gear at Silverstone was a one-off?
They are essentially trying to do what they were planning for Silverstone, but couldn’t due to their collision on lap 1. It’s common practice if you have correlation issues to use a proven baseline.
- Serj Tankian

humble sabot

That's right! I forgot they didn't get to run Magnussen's car through the whole race!
the four immutable forces:
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

Morteza

Now Haas have a boomerang too

CLKGTR

Boomerang wing nicely blended with the horizontal louvre in front of the sidepod.

MtthsMlw

Unique endplates.
via Albert Fabrega