2019 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
drunkf1fan

Re: 2019 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

Tattoo- wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 18:20
bauc wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 14:17
Rumors on some local sport media's here say Ocon to replace Grosjean.
They don't know what they are talking about...Ocon is tied to Mercedes and they will never allow him to race with Ferrari satellite! :-$
People always say similar, but in reality teams are incredibly open to letting drivers go for drives regardless of who it's with. Kvyat was still under contract, though without a drive and Ferrari offered him the test driver role. Ferrari didn't care about his RBR or Renault (at the time) links and offered him the drive and RBR were happy to let him go straight away for that role. Likewise the second they wanted him back for a drive Ferrari were willing to release him immediately.

Teams and drivers work together, but they won't deny a driver an actual drive or a job really at all.

The only reason to stop him going to Haas is if they were very very serious about him getting in the car next year which seems increasingly less likely.

izzy

Tattoo- wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 18:20
They don't know what they are talking about...Ocon is tied to Mercedes and they will never allow him to race with Ferrari satellite! :-$
Mercedes might think it's a great chance to see a bit more of what he can do, and get him some more experience, the problem is just what to do next year. They're quite likely dithering between him and Bottas. For Haas it solves their immediate problem and gives them a bit of time to look around, in F2 or Indy

Or next year if Mercedes want Ocon they could swap Valtteri over. The teams are quite pally now, it's not like spygate any more, as drunkf1fan says

marmer

The prospect of k mag and ocon would be great fun they think they have accidents together now you just wait until those two get on track. It will look like a demolition derby

Tattoo-

drunkf1fan wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 18:41
Kvyat was still under contract, though without a drive and Ferrari offered him the test driver role. Ferrari didn't care about his RBR or Renault (at the time) links and offered him the drive and RBR were happy to let him go straight away for that role. Likewise the second they wanted him back for a drive Ferrari were willing to release him immediately.
RBR was happy to release Kvyat only because they didn't have any future plans with him...at the time they even dumped him from Red Bull driver pool! Kvyat was lucky that Ricchiardo took the gamble and went to Renault and that RBR didn't have any other capable drivers in their driver program. That's why he's back in the game...but I'm pretty sure he won't drive for Red Bull again.

With Ocon it's a different story, because Mercedes is counting on him and I think he's in the frame for drive next year (between him and Bottas). That's why Mercedes won't release him to any other team (let alone Ferrari powered).
"There are only three sports: bull fighting, car racing and mountain climbing. The rest are mere games!" - Ernest Hemingway

PowerandtheGlory

Ok so im a bit confused now, the Storey guy says he controls Rich Energy 'Worldwide'.. and seems to still be affiliated with Rich Energy as a brand? They've even changed their logo to comply with the ruling. So they carry on?

Then we have Rich Energy Ltd the collection of investors who came together to form the entity that sponsored the HAAS team.. This has been re-branded to Volt or lightening Volt or whatever.. but it was bought by a receiver, or somebody who apparently works in that field?

Does Rich Energy still exists as a brand? and as a drink? or is that actually dead?

But the company set up to sponsor HAAS has changed to lightning Volt- so are they still sponsoring the team? in the same way a private backer sponsors Ferrari? but without actually having a product? (because Volt energy doesn't have anything to sell yet?) i understand they have a contract with the Entity that 'was' Rich Energy- but Storey has left that group.. so your left with a group of investors without a product?

I actually bought Some Rich Energy cans online (from that large rainforest retailer) and it arrived, it tasted nice, but very similar to redbull, the cans even said- Made in Austria..

Ive kept 1 can with the old Logo more as a kind of souvenir haha..

Still dont understand what is going on!!
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Big Tea

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 13:12
Ok so im a bit confused now, the Storey guy says he controls Rich Energy 'Worldwide'.. and seems to still be affiliated with Rich Energy as a brand? They've even changed their logo to comply with the ruling. So they carry on?

Then we have Rich Energy Ltd the collection of investors who came together to form the entity that sponsored the HAAS team.. This has been re-branded to Volt or lightening Volt or whatever.. but it was bought by a receiver, or somebody who apparently works in that field?

Does Rich Energy still exists as a brand? and as a drink? or is that actually dead?

But the company set up to sponsor HAAS has changed to lightning Volt- so are they still sponsoring the team? in the same way a private backer sponsors Ferrari? but without actually having a product? (because Volt energy doesn't have anything to sell yet?) i understand they have a contract with the Entity that 'was' Rich Energy- but Storey has left that group.. so your left with a group of investors without a product?

I actually bought Some Rich Energy cans online (from that large rainforest retailer) and it arrived, it tasted nice, but very similar to redbull, the cans even said- Made in Austria..

Apparently Rich Energy sales are the highest ever this week.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PowerandtheGlory

Big Tea wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 15:00
PowerandtheGlory wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 13:12

Apparently Rich Energy sales are the highest ever this week.
That's probably idiots like me getting on the bandwagon.. :lol:
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

PowerandtheGlory

Arrrrggghhhh;

https://formulaspy.com/f1/rich-energy-w ... ergy-63079

Totally confused now... Rich to stay as Rich, even though it changed name to Volt.

Storey claims to still control Rich,

Now a Wine company that invested in Rich in 2016 has won 20% of the shares of Rich after a court ruling....

Such an extraordinary story, that's running and running

At least the battle for control of Rich Energy will be more of a challenge than this year's f1 Championship...

sprint car76

They were pretty even all the way through practice, The new areo didn't seem to be an improvement.

dodds_turbo

Can't share a screenshot from Sky F1 (Germany FP1) but Magnussen is currently getting a good tow from Team Porsche, possibly finding a few tenths improvement on this lap!!

Manfer

sprint car76

So the old spec aero is looking pretty good. Grosjean 6th quick. Mag 18th.

Jolle

What happened with the relationship between HAAS and Ferrari by the way? When they started in F1 it looked like their relationship was much closer, almost as some kind of junior team. Ferrari had HAAS stickers on their side pods and GUT came from the Ferrari program. It looks like Sauber (retook) the place that was destined for HAAS.

marmer

Jolle wrote:
26 Jul 2019, 23:44
What happened with the relationship between HAAS and Ferrari by the way? When they started in F1 it looked like their relationship was much closer, almost as some kind of junior team. Ferrari had HAAS stickers on their side pods and GUT came from the Ferrari program. It looks like Sauber (retook) the place that was destined for HAAS.
I think the issue is that Haas want to run their own team whilst buying as much of the car from Ferrari. They don't want to be forced drivers I suspect based on how bad gut was.

Alfa get much of the car from Ferrari but have more resources than Haas and are willing to take on Ferrari drivers plus being basically given Kimi isn't a bad way to go.

sprint car76

It's got to hurt that after all the money haas has spent bringing updates to their car that they end up the same speed as the beginning of the year.