2019 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, August 2-4

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Pyrone89

Re: 2019 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, August 2-4

NathanOlder wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 19:23
going in to the corner....

http://pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=99b ... 4edcb95dda

and coming out......

http://pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=f61 ... 3e4ca43fa6

Now I can't wait for your reply, as I know you just simply can't admit to a Max mistake.

Its a mistake mate. just swallow it fella
Yes, looks like he followed to closely and got to deep into the corner, still RIC felt he impeded him, just like HAM went wide in turn 4 (cant wait for your reply mate, just admit Lew made a mistake :mrgreen: ).
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Capharol
Capharol

can you two stop with the D*ck measuring if you wanna discuss this among the two of you do it by PM

Pyrone89

Capharol wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 19:31
can you two stop with the D*ck measuring if you wanna discuss this among the two of you do it by PM
Sorry :oops: :D

NathanOlder

No need to bring up the male genitalia, we already have Grosjean and KMag on the grid
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Capharol
Capharol

NathanOlder wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 19:41
No need to bring up the male genitalia, we already have Grosjean and KMag on the grid
maybe but its tyring reading this "No he made a mistake", " no he didn't"-BS
act like adults if you wanna be treahted like one and accepts eachother opinion for once....

Zarathustra

NathanOlder wrote:

and coming out......

Now I can't wait for your reply, as I know you just simply can't admit to a Max mistake.

I am not aware of this moment- and these two images are not showing the whole story, it could also be that Max didn’t had the grip anymore to go any faster- doesn’t need to be a mistake perse.

* and if it indeed was a mistake, ok.

Capharol
Capharol

here something to read ... proper journalisme
As it turned out, the Mercedes appeared to have a small underlying pace advantage on race day – and that’s all it turned on. Merc reckoned it had maybe 0.15sec, at most, on the recently improved Red Bull, an estimate Red Bull agreed with.
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opin ... ctory-path

Pyrone89

Capharol wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 20:23
As it turned out, the Mercedes appeared to have a small underlying pace advantage on race day – and that’s all it turned on. Merc reckoned it had maybe 0.15sec, at most, on the recently improved Red Bull, an estimate Red Bull agreed with.
So it came down to good strategy work, especially on a track like the Hungaroring. Only track RB’s strategy was gonna work was on Monaco (roadblock tactic). Good job by the Merc strategy team to react so fast and not burn more laps trying overtakes. If they had waited a couple of laps more they would have run out of laps in the end.

Capharol
Capharol

Pyrone89 wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 20:35
Capharol wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 20:23
So it came down to good strategy work, especially on a track like the Hungaroring. Only track RB’s strategy was gonna work was on Monaco (roadblock tactic). Good job by the Merc strategy team to react so fast and not burn more laps trying overtakes. If they had waited a couple of laps more they would have run out of laps in the end.
exactly

sAx
sAx

Shrieker wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 16:09
zibby43 wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 05:16
Shrieker wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 03:09

Have you seen the 2004 season...
The '16 W07 won 19 of 21 races. It won 11 of the first 12. The only 2 races the W07 didn't win: Spain (Rosberg and Hamilton took each other out on the first lap) and Malaysia (Hamilton retired from the lead).

That was only 3 years ago. That car was dominant.
At least there was a championship battle. I vaguely recall being bored out of my mind during the 2002 and 2004 seasons.
So winning 11 races in the 2002 season (13 in 2004!) and the Championship with six races to spare excited you? Lest you forget!
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

Pyrone89

sAx wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 21:11
Shrieker wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 16:09
zibby43 wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 05:16

The '16 W07 won 19 of 21 races. It won 11 of the first 12. The only 2 races the W07 didn't win: Spain (Rosberg and Hamilton took each other out on the first lap) and Malaysia (Hamilton retired from the lead).

That was only 3 years ago. That car was dominant.
At least there was a championship battle. I vaguely recall being bored out of my mind during the 2002 and 2004 seasons.
So winning 11 races in the 2002 season (13 in 2004!) and the Championship with six races to spare excited you? Lest you forget!
What made that more barable was that it was only 2 years with a year in between that was exciting. Furthermore the show in general was better (sound etc)

epo
epo

NathanOlder wrote:

and coming out......

So what is it what your trying to achieve here? Oh my driver is so much better then yours and vice versa bs. We had a great fight and some nice couple of last races. This topic always is about defending or offending the winners and losers based on personal favourite drivers and your always one of them, grow up please, thanks.

digitalrurouni
digitalrurouni

Those last 20 laps of the race were fantastic. I gotta say thanks to Pirelli for having given drivers tires where they could push.

iotar__

digitalrurouni wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 22:10
Those last 20 laps of the race were fantastic. I gotta say thanks to Pirelli for having given drivers tires where they could push.
A. Were they really? On one stoppers in Hungary? I doubt it.

B. They were still saving fuel and engines.

drunkf1fan
drunkf1fan

It's worth noting these are the same tires, and for the most part everyone one stopped and couldn't push hard on the tires. It's one of the few tracks which enabled a drive to pit an extra time and catch up and pass the guy ahead, Pirelli's own calculations stated that a two stop was categorically slower. Part of this is Hamilton had truly ridiculous performance as well as Hungary being one of his best tracks and just nailing lap after lap. For most people pushing that hard they'd have burned out tires, pit again and gotten completely stuck.

So really like many races earlier this year, people who pit and had better rubber and/or a faster car, got stuck. Ricciardo even without a very fast car still should have gotten through some of the back end of the pack much quicker than he did and Bottas was positively slow.

Hamilton/Verstappen was exciting all race long but most of the rest of the field was pretty much a procession. Sainz/Lando/Kimi/Gasly followed ridiculously close for most of the race without even attempting to make a pass with the only switch in order coming in the pits.

For all but one car really the extra stop wouldn't have worked and the tires couldn't be pushed. One driver/car getting the tires to work is a very bad, not a very good thing. Apart from the fight upfront the race was pretty damn dull, one fight here or there. Germany wasn't about good tires either, or particularly good racing, just complete unpredictability of strategy due to rain, accidents and safety cars.

We still need WAY better tires where 2 stopping is standard and one stopping is an alternative for cars that are very kind on tires and drivers that match, a 3 stop can be an alternative strategy for those who push harder and even maybe a 4 stop for extreme pushing/pit strategy.

Pirelli need to be making tires where half the field is choosing different strategies, not just one guy, and the tires need to enable this range of strategies at the massive majority of races, not 3-4 a season as it current seems to be.