Williams FW42

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Big Tea

Re: Williams FW42

KiLLu12258 wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 09:36
i think its not right way to search excuses for kubica. Russell is outperforming him since the beginning and this guy is getting better with every race.
I think on some tracks the disadvantage of kubica will cost him more on other tracks a bit less, but at all russell is just the better driver at the moment.

at all the kubica comeback was just a bad decision.
Possibly, but we have no idea how much of RK's feedback is contributing to Williams moving forward and the improvement in Russel. (not a RK apologist, just saying we do not know)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

netoperek

Roberts car last race. holes and duct tape...

roon

Robert: Did you fix the break?
Engineer: No, the brakes are fine. Checked them myself.
Robert: No, the break by the duct.
Engineer: Well all the brakes have ducts. Which one do mean?
Robert: The duct that has the break.
Engineer: I just told you, all the brakes have ducts.
Robert: No, the duct with a break. Can you just put a tape on it?
Engineer: Tape the brake ducts? I think rather not. Have you felt how bloody hot it is outside today?
Robert: No, I mean for the break. The break on the duct.

To be continued....

tomazy

We need more info than the last race. It is not from the race, becouse it is in the garage, is it from before the race? After the race? Is it from last race weekend? If so, in witch FP? Maybe it got damaget in the middle of the FP and they did not want to change it becouse they would loose to much time and then change it for the next practice? Do we have a picture from the actual race to see if this condition was there or not?

netoperek

tomazy wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 22:06
We need more info than the last race. It is not from the race, becouse it is in the garage, is it from before the race? After the race? Is it from last race weekend? If so, in witch FP? Maybe it got damaget in the middle of the FP and they did not want to change it becouse they would loose to much time and then change it for the next practice? Do we have a picture from the actual race to see if this condition was there or not?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIELAmNWsAIUvOy.jpg
It's from sunday, 2h before the race, supposedly.

GarilNarbe

Shouldn`t be the green part also on the right side ?

ScrewCaptain27

GarilNarbe wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 11:42
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/ca ... e25db7.jpg

Probably broken or not yet installed.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

tomazy

GarilNarbe wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 11:42
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/ca ... e25db7.jpg

The pic is not takan head on but at an angle, so the part highlighted in green is not visible becouse it is hidden by the chassis.

Squatch

netoperek wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 23:07
tomazy wrote:

They will have been fitted for pitstop practice and will have been swapped out again before the race.

netoperek

Squatch wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 22:15
netoperek wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 23:07
tomazy wrote:

They will have been fitted for pitstop practice and will have been swapped out again before the race.
Instances of such joyful creativity have been spotted on George's car as well, so You might be right there, I guess

ScrewCaptain27

AMuS
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Morteza

Via AMuS
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

tomazy

A spoon rear wing

Via AMuS

humble sabot

Weird! Spoon wings usually show up more as high downforce variants. RB's is almost dead straight for Spa. But Merc is also running a more aggressive wing, so there might be some method to the madness. If I were to hazard a guess I might be able to come up with a reasoning for Williams, as they've struggled with balance and consistency and have nothing to lose in the standings, taking a hit on Vmax, might not bother them so much.

It's hard to tell for sure, but the floor appears to be revised.
the four immutable forces:
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

Racer X

netoperek wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 17:40
Roberts car last race. holes and duct tape...

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/c8 ... 1446f0.jpg

When Senna had his accident didn't William weld together Sennas steering wheel the night before? Duct tape on some breaks'.

Should be fine...
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ