2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Pyrone89

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

ispano6 wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 00:59
Marti_EF3 wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 00:47
ispano6 wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 00:39

JB didn't think that of Naoki Yamamoto. Which is why it's important he has a test drive in the STR to guage his speed relative to Albon and Kvyat.
He is good, and a proven champion multiple times. But he is a bit old, and don't know if that suits with the STR politics. It would be good to see him driving a couple of years in F1 with Honda, but the reason I didn't count him was his age. If he drives on FP1 at Suzuka, and his times are competitive, he may take a seat on STR for one year
I don't think the purpose would be for too many years but he also isn't that old. It's important that the next generation has role models like Satoru Nakajima and Aguri Suzuki to pave the way and be involved in the pinnacle of motorsport. There's no reason not to think that one day you might raise a Yuzuru Hanyu of F1 but you really need the support around you. Yuki Tsunoda, for instance, has all the tools necessary so he definitely will be looked upon with great interest.
Hopefully with more grip.

At this point RB is willing to put anyone in the STR to please Honda, so I can see it happening. The STR is used as a test mule anyway for drivers, engineers and Honda developments for the senior team. They are not aimed at going for the big results, so why not make your engine partner happy while you are at it and make sure they stay committed through the next decade to your senior team even if it means placing a Japanese version of Heidfeld at STR?
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

ispano6

Pyrone89 wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 01:26
ispano6 wrote:
Marti_EF3 wrote:

He is good, and a proven champion multiple times. But he is a bit old, and don't know if that suits with the STR politics. It would be good to see him driving a couple of years in F1 with Honda, but the reason I didn't count him was his age. If he drives on FP1 at Suzuka, and his times are competitive, he may take a seat on STR for one year
I don't think the purpose would be for too many years but he also isn't that old. It's important that the next generation has role models like Satoru Nakajima and Aguri Suzuki to pave the way and be involved in the pinnacle of motorsport. There's no reason not to think that one day you might raise a Yuzuru Hanyu of F1 but you really need the support around you. Yuki Tsunoda, for instance, has all the tools necessary so he definitely will be looked upon with great interest.

At this point RB is willing to put anyone in the STR to please Honda, so I can see it happening. The STR is used as a test mule anyway for drivers, engineers and Honda developments for the senior team. They are not aimed at going for the big results, so why not make your engine partner happy while you are at it and make sure they stay committed through the next decade to your senior team even if it means placing a Japanese version of Heidfeld at STR?
What's your beef? Can't you just stop pretending like you know everything for once?

godlameroso

Pyrone89 wrote:
ispano6 wrote:
Marti_EF3 wrote:

I rate him higher than Button TBH, probably would do well in a formula E environment. I think that championship is more indicative of actual driver performance than a lot of other series.
Saishū kōnā

Pyrone89

godlameroso wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 06:26
Pyrone89 wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

I rate him higher than Button TBH, probably would do well in a formula E environment. I think that championship is more indicative of actual driver performance than a lot of other series.
Button is a F1 world champion who beat Lewis Hamilton. So not sure if serious or if you mean current form (semi-retired Button)
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

restless

foxmulder_ms wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 01:16
Daniil Kvyat deserves the seat more but RedBull cannot dare to risk their "wonder child" to be beaten :D
No, Max came in pushing Kvyat away (completely undeserved imo)
No doubt there may be some bad blood between them and last thing RB needs mid-season is handling personal problems.
Albon is "safe bet", would be hard to be worse than Gasly

Espresso

restless wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 10:37
foxmulder_ms wrote:
Daniil Kvyat deserves the seat more but RedBull cannot dare to risk their "wonder child" to be beaten :D
No doubt there may be some bad blood between them and last thing RB needs mid-season is handling personal problems.
From the Honda thread:
It's more a calculated risk for points and a chance to evaluate the 'last unknown factor' Albon.
They give Albon a chance at Red Bull Racing. That way they can evaluate Albon, Gasly & Kvyat for 2020.
Wouter wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 15:35
Post by dren » 12 Aug 2019, 13:12
I think Kvyat still has a shot at the seat for 2020. He just has to put his head down and have a good end to the year.
From the RBR site. Albon replaces Gasly in Spa.

Alexander Albon is being promoted to the Team to drive alongside Max, while Pierre will return to the Red Bull sister team, Scuderia Toro Rosso.

Red Bull are in the unique position of having four talented Formula One drivers under contract who can be rotated between the Team and Toro Rosso. The Team will use the next nine races to evaluate Alex’s performance in order to make an informed decision as to who will drive alongside Max in 2020.

Everyone at the Team looks forward to welcoming Alex and supporting him during the next phase of his F1 career.
https://redbullracing.redbull.com/asset ... C%2A%3A600
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

Capharol

Big Tea wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 00:07
There is a year old article here

https://www.motorsport.com/fia-f2/news/ ... r/3183894/

that says Honda want Nirei Fukuzumi or/and Tadasuke Makino as their poster boys.

Does not look like either will have points though as the will start dropping points through being out of time soon.

Anyone know of a place we can see who has how many points that is kept up to date?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
this is what i found on Reddit, but it seems not to be the actual one, but its a list that contains 460 drivers

Big Tea

Capharol wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 11:31
Big Tea wrote:

that says Honda want Nirei Fukuzumi or/and Tadasuke Makino as their poster boys.

Does not look like either will have points though as the will start dropping points through being out of time soon.

Anyone know of a place we can see who has how many points that is kept up to date?
https://i.imgur.com/ymgAVlR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/N5oItIz.jpg

this is what i found on Reddit, but it seems not to be the actual one, but its a list that contains 460 drivers
Thanks. Its good, but it would be nicer if it was up to date, but then it will change again at the end of the season.
I suppose FIA have to keep records somewhere but nothing coming up with google
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Capharol

Big Tea wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 12:33
Capharol wrote:
Big Tea wrote:

Thanks. Its good, but it would be nicer if it was up to date, but then it will change again at the end of the season.
yeah i searched google and at the FIA-site but couldn't find anything.....
if it wasn't so difficult to keep up with everything i would keep the list up-to-date ... but think of what you have to do to keep it up-to-date (every serie, every racer, new racers) and for that i have no time

epo
epo

restless wrote:
foxmulder_ms wrote:
You know, this personal vendetta people have against Verstappen is getting seriously boring. Can you guys just keep it to yourself unless you have valid arguments?

Big Tea

Capharol wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 12:59
Big Tea wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 12:33
Capharol wrote:

yeah i searched google and at the FIA-site but couldn't find anything.....
if it wasn't so difficult to keep up with everything i would keep the list up-to-date ... but think of what you have to do to keep it up-to-date (every serie, every racer, new racers) and for that i have no time
I think you would have little chance with all the 'national' series etc. Still, FIA must have records.

Edit

https://www.driverdb.com/fia-super-licence-eligibility/

There is also a ranking
https://www.driverdb.com/driver-ranking/

which could probably warrant a thread of its own :twisted:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

restless

epo wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 13:37
restless wrote:
You know, this personal vendetta people have against Verstappen is getting seriously boring. Can you guys just keep it to yourself unless you have valid arguments?
So, you think that Kvyat felt great and justly served when RB booted him after just 5 starts and him delivering podium finish? After he beat Riccardo on-track previous year?
Can you please, keep your personal vendetta vs Kvyat to yourself unless you have valid arguments?
I simply stated why IMO, a mid-year swap is better executed with Albon instead of DK.
Everything else is in your head

digitalrurouni

restless wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 14:03
epo wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 13:37
restless wrote:
So, you think that Kvyat felt great and justly served when RB booted him after just 5 starts and him delivering podium finish? After he beat Riccardo on-track previous year?
Can you please, keep your personal vendetta vs Kvyat to yourself unless you have valid arguments?
I simply stated why IMO, a mid-year swap is better executed with Albon instead of DK.
Everything else is in your head
Kvyat was mistreated for sure. But I highly doubt it was Verstappen pushing for it and whispering it in Marko's ears. Jos might have been but Max probably just went along with it. Point is I would not lay the blame at Verstappen's feet for what happened to Kvyat. And given how F1 is a ruthless sport it definitely seems like Max was able to deliver better than Kvyat. That said I still think Kvyat needed to be given a bit more time. IIRC it seemed like at that time he kept crashing into Vettel and other drivers no?

loner

another good battles to watch
Sainz 58 pts
Albon 16 pts

Ferrari vs Albon
Bottas vs Albon
lets see how much pressure could this kid handle =D>
para bellum.

Wouter

loner wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 15:02
another good battles to watch
Sainz 58 pts
Albon 16 pts

Ferrari vs Albon
Bottas vs Albon
lets see how much pressure could this kid handle =D>
"This kid" can handle a lot of pressure. Watch his onboard from German GP and you will know.
The Power of Dreams!