2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
gokarter

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

It was the best decisionmclaren made in 2017 to throw Honda out. McLaren eyes were fully open and found out their chassis is not as good as they thought . And got new engineers to fix it and fired those incompetent ones. Meanwhile Honda are celebrating with Redbull and possibly get 2nd the WCC, if albon fires

selvam_e2002

It is not like that. I don't think Honda has a great engine. I could be be below Renault engine. Just think if they have renault engine in RB, they could challenge for this year WDC and WCC. You cannot just through Renault after you winning 4 championship.

Mclaren took great decision to go with Renault. I think Alonso contributed to move out from Honda. I don't believe they RBR win with Honda. Wait ant watch for next year, RB will scream for more power.

2021 it is total difference but still I don't think RB with Honda will win. No chance.

gokarter

It is not like that. I don't think Honda has a great engine. I could be be below Renault engine. Just think if they have renault engine in RB, they could challenge for this year WDC and WCC. You cannot just through Renault after you winning 4 championship.

Mclaren took great decision to go with Renault. I think Alonso contributed to move out from Honda. I don't believe they RBR win with Honda. Wait ant watch for next year, RB will scream for more power.

2021 it is total difference but still I don't think RB with Honda will win. No chance.
You are wrong in many ways . McLaren would not have fired their engineers if they had Honda and would have kept bIaming them. 2018 their eyes open and found issues with their chassis.good on them. McLaren doing good but they will not get 3rd in WCC for sometime.
Yes now Honda is a great engine giving more point to Redbull at this stage compared to last year with Renault
. And if they had Riccardo instead of gasly the points could have been more . There is still a chance they can overtake Ferrari and which did not happen with Renault. Redbull finally enjoying a season with no engine failure like we see with Renault car, smoking all over the place and wait till spec 4 engines arrives , the second half will be interesting. 2020 is Redbull best chance to win the WCC in this hybrid era. I just hope Honda stays on beyond 2020. Maybe you are praying Honda to fail but sorry that's unlikely as Redbull and Honda are a proper team . I just hope albon is good enough.

Capharol

selvam_e2002 wrote:
20 Aug 2019, 05:57

all this ifs, buts and when..... they doesn't count.
what counts is what is standing today, and i must say for they're first year with a new engine supplier, both do very well, although i don't believe the gap between the top 3 is only chassis-wise related

_cerber1

Why do I again see RB and Honda in the topic about McLaren? #-o

_cerber1

Ground Effect wrote:
20 Aug 2019, 00:28
From the article, the 10hp gain appears to be the writer’s supposition, Taffin didn’t mention a specific figure, only that it’s a similar or same increase as was with Spec A to Spec B.
There was an AMuS article where Hulk said Spec B was worth about 0.2secs in lap time, does that roughly translate to 10hp?
I don’t think so, 0.2 seconds, this is possible for some particular route. Let's see what they say in McLaren after updating the PU.

bauc

_cerber1 wrote:
20 Aug 2019, 07:05
Just people who cant move on and people how love to ''prove'' to other people that they are ''wrong'' on the internet #itoldyouso

Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

digitalrurouni

Andres125sx wrote:
19 Aug 2019, 20:21
digitalrurouni wrote:
19 Aug 2019, 14:10
I disagree. Renault has been talking big and not delivering. Let's look at Renault v Honda for example. You really think RBR was bad PR Renault? Renault is bad PR for Renault.
If I was a PU manufacturer, I´d not be very happy if my most competitive customer don´t use my name in his car, despite using one of my PUs, and any comment about my product was negative.

Do you really think that´s not bad PR for Renault? :wtf:
Of course it's bad PR but make a shite product and you will get shite PR it's as simple as that. It was the same case when Alonso was complaining about the engine when it was McLaren and Honda. Only difference now is Honda turned their game around Renault hasn't. Their engines still blow up. Let's not even talk about the chassis.

GhostF1

bauc wrote:
20 Aug 2019, 11:07
_cerber1 wrote:
20 Aug 2019, 07:05
Just people who cant move on and people how love to ''prove'' to other people that they are ''wrong'' on the internet #itoldyouso

https://media1.giphy.com/media/h01EYkA9 ... =giphy.gif
You know this whole thread, (plus the Honda and RB threads are basically invaded by people full of hate) is chockers with "Yes Renault, best engine, thank god McLaren saw sense and dumped Honda" nonsense, when it clearly isn't the case.

The fact of the matter is, both manufacturers have made a good step in power and convergence is closer than it ever has been on that front. McLaren are finally getting on top of their chassis issues, it is a fantastic improvement this year, and if we could just ignore the whole Honda hate side for one moment.. They would be doing equally as well if the Honda just appeared in the back, actually potentially less retirements.

The single greatest thing those two companies did was part ways because a working relationship was never going to be on the cards after the sh*tstorm that was. Better to calmly part ways and do their own thing. Honda are reaping the rewards and so are McLaren. Foolish to imply their improvement is solely from running a Renault PU..

Nivedanm

Why don't we just avoid RB and Honda talks here? This discussion has cropped up time and again. And as @GhostF1 rightly explained, it has been replied every time how both parties - McLaren and Honda - benefited from the split. Despite this, we are getting carried away unnecessarily; let's stick to discussions related to McLaren.

Let's keep our eyes and ears open for online info on any major updates planned for Spa.

Ground Effect

Below report says spec C estimated to be gains of 10 to 15 horses. Strangely, they put the statement in quotes, without actually quoting anyone.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/renault-s ... lk_of_town
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Capharol

Ground Effect wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 13:35
Below report says spec C estimated to be gains of 10 to 15 horses. Strangely, they put the statement in quotes, without actually quoting anyone.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/renault-s ... lk_of_town
planetf1 is known to me as copy & paste site

RonDennis

Even if Honda has the best engine in the world it's still a decision that had to be made. If they hadn't switched, they would still play the blame game instead of getting on top of their own problems.

Capharol

RonDennis wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 14:12
Even if Honda has the best engine in the world it's still a decision that had to be made. If they hadn't switched, they would still play the blame game instead of getting on top of their own problems.
boah honestly .... cut this comparison crap ... forgett about it and move on .... like all participants did.

I am in this topic because i like to see updates about McLaren F1 Team
Last edited by Capharol on 21 Aug 2019, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.

Jolle

Losing works status and 100 mln in additional sponsorship vs a customer PU where you have to pay for is the best deal indeed...

McLaren downgraded herself from a top team to a midfielder. Not just with the PU but also with the drivers. That they are now leading the midfield is good, no question about it. But there is no way they will be able to make the jump back to the front any time soon. They should of been where redbull is now.