2019 Renault F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

marmer wrote:
28 Aug 2019, 20:11
Manoah2u wrote:
28 Aug 2019, 14:12
Nah, this is the end of Ocon's Merc relationship.
The only one coming in from Renault to Merc will be Daniel.
Which is why Hulk won't actually leave :D
not sure why Renault would agree to that Ocon might be good but Dan is proven top talent. unless there is a performance clause in his contract at Renualt are failing to meet it at the moment which allows him to break his deal would be rather great to see him vs hamilton in the same car.
Well, I'm confident a smart guy like Daniel indeed has a clause in his contract that if they aren't able to give him a car that he can battle for podiums with, he is free to go where he pleases.At the moment he is 11th in the driver's championship standings. I think if Renault can't give him a competitive car, that same goes for even non-podium spots. After all, Daniel was negotiating with Ferrari aswell, and i'm not sure but iirc Mercedes was mentioned before aswell.
I rather think that a RB contract would be much harder to get out of, and that would be one of the reasons why he went for Renault.

So Renault doesn't really have that much to say to be honest. What COULD happen though is a switch between Bottas and Ricciardo.

As for Renault's 'pairing', well, to be honest, last year saw Hulk and Sainz. I think Hulk and Ocon is just as good as that. It would be interesting though to see Ocon and Bottas together at Renault. Two Mercedes drivers at Renault, but i don't expect that to actually happen.

I do wonder the possibility to see Daniel at Mercedes in 2020.
Thing is, chances are imho pretty high and getting higher and higher that Hamilton is going to go to Ferrari by 2021.
I don't expect him to do a shock 2020 switch, but you never know.

With that, Mercedes needs a strong driver to replace Hamilton. A Vettel-Hamilton switch has even been mentioned out public by Toto Wolff. Now, Bottas, even though he's a good wingman, is not able to keep up with Hamilton.
I think Ricciardo can. And what would be interesting, is to see Mercedes taking Daniel aboard in 2020 so they have some experience into the 2021 transition, and see Hamilton leave by 2021 and Vettel enter Merc.
That means a Vettel-Ricciardo mix at Mercedes in 2021, and a LeClerc-Hamilton mix at Ferrari.

Ocon might be on loan to Renault but i personally feel that he's more or less sent there or 'accepted' there to spread out his own wings, not unlike Sainz dit when he 'left' RBR. Or Perez, when he went from Ferrari to Mercedes-powered teams.

It's offcourse a possibility to see Ocon @ Mercedes. But in which format? Vettel-Ocon? Ricciardo-Ocon? Bottas-Ocon? Hamilton-Ocon? For 2020 Ocon won't be there anyway. But if we see a replacement for Bottas in 2020, i see chances slimming down substancially for Ocon to ever get that Merc seat.

I also believe that Ocon-Abiteboul-Renault is a far more 'home' environment which 'works' compared to Ocon at Mercedes. But i must be honest here, this is all based upon 'feelings' 'emotions' and 'ideas'. So, well, pretty subjective.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

marmer

Manoah2u wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 08:51
marmer wrote:
28 Aug 2019, 20:11
Manoah2u wrote:
28 Aug 2019, 14:12
Nah, this is the end of Ocon's Merc relationship.
The only one coming in from Renault to Merc will be Daniel.
Which is why Hulk won't actually leave :D
not sure why Renault would agree to that Ocon might be good but Dan is proven top talent. unless there is a performance clause in his contract at Renualt are failing to meet it at the moment which allows him to break his deal would be rather great to see him vs hamilton in the same car.
Well, I'm confident a smart guy like Daniel indeed has a clause in his contract that if they aren't able to give him a car that he can battle for podiums with, he is free to go where he pleases.At the moment he is 11th in the driver's championship standings. I think if Renault can't give him a competitive car, that same goes for even non-podium spots. After all, Daniel was negotiating with Ferrari aswell, and i'm not sure but iirc Mercedes was mentioned before aswell.
I rather think that a RB contract would be much harder to get out of, and that would be one of the reasons why he went for Renault.

So Renault doesn't really have that much to say to be honest. What COULD happen though is a switch between Bottas and Ricciardo.

As for Renault's 'pairing', well, to be honest, last year saw Hulk and Sainz. I think Hulk and Ocon is just as good as that. It would be interesting though to see Ocon and Bottas together at Renault. Two Mercedes drivers at Renault, but i don't expect that to actually happen.

I do wonder the possibility to see Daniel at Mercedes in 2020.
Thing is, chances are imho pretty high and getting higher and higher that Hamilton is going to go to Ferrari by 2021.
I don't expect him to do a shock 2020 switch, but you never know.

With that, Mercedes needs a strong driver to replace Hamilton. A Vettel-Hamilton switch has even been mentioned out public by Toto Wolff. Now, Bottas, even though he's a good wingman, is not able to keep up with Hamilton.
I think Ricciardo can. And what would be interesting, is to see Mercedes taking Daniel aboard in 2020 so they have some experience into the 2021 transition, and see Hamilton leave by 2021 and Vettel enter Merc.
That means a Vettel-Ricciardo mix at Mercedes in 2021, and a LeClerc-Hamilton mix at Ferrari.

Ocon might be on loan to Renault but i personally feel that he's more or less sent there or 'accepted' there to spread out his own wings, not unlike Sainz dit when he 'left' RBR. Or Perez, when he went from Ferrari to Mercedes-powered teams.

It's offcourse a possibility to see Ocon @ Mercedes. But in which format? Vettel-Ocon? Ricciardo-Ocon? Bottas-Ocon? Hamilton-Ocon? For 2020 Ocon won't be there anyway. But if we see a replacement for Bottas in 2020, i see chances slimming down substancially for Ocon to ever get that Merc seat.

I also believe that Ocon-Abiteboul-Renault is a far more 'home' environment which 'works' compared to Ocon at Mercedes. But i must be honest here, this is all based upon 'feelings' 'emotions' and 'ideas'. So, well, pretty subjective.
bottas comfirmed at Merc although i suppose Ocon could still come to Renault by Hulk or if a space opens up at Ferrrari for Dan

MtthsMlw

Brake Horse Power

In my opinion this is just rude of Renault, their car performes like ---, their motor is the worst and they try fixing it with the drivers :D

2020 championship aspirations are gone aswell, now in 2021 (which will be a lottery) they want to be champion.. it is a bit sad isn't it

loner

au revoir Hulk.
para bellum.

Neno

Renault keeps changing everything like drivers for example that's unnecessary to make next step in performance. Which doesnt change anything in big picture where actual gains are to be made. For example firing people who actually designed RS17, RS18, RS19 .... What a frustrating season for any Renault fan. This news really doesnt do anything in grand scheme to be optimistic or happy or excited for next season.

NAPI10

Renault simply scapegoat Hulk to hide their lackluster performance.

Hulk will remain one of the unfulfilled talent in F1 .He should take a break from F1 & tryout some other series. F1 don’t suit him.

rscsr

Brake Horse Power wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 14:29
In my opinion this is just rude of Renault, their car performes like ---, their motor is the worst and they try fixing it with the drivers :D

2020 championship aspirations are gone aswell, now in 2021 (which will be a lottery) they want to be champion.. it is a bit sad isn't it
Well Hulk binned it every time he got close to a podium. So in my opinion it is well deserved. Especially since Ricciardo is quicker and had better results this season.

Brake Horse Power

That was once this season in tricky conditions. Otherwise the Renault couldn't even smell the podium.

Ricciardi has 22 points, Hulk 17. What are we talking about. I agree Ric is better driver at this moment but It's not like their results suck because Hulk is behind the wheel.

Datco

Wierd desicion in terms of performance unless it's a financial decision. Is Ocon still a Merc sponsored driver or did he break ties with Merc with joining Renault?

Big Tea

Not so sure he is an upgrade on Hulk? And he is probably more likely to jump ship for a better offer.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Capharol

Datco wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 17:27
Wierd desicion in terms of performance unless it's a financial decision. Is Ocon still a Merc sponsored driver or did he break ties with Merc with joining Renault?
you can be sure it has to do with money (from mercedes)

PhillipM

Exactly, you're going to end up with a similar driver and not have to pay him because Merc is covering to keep hold of Ocon.

Capharol

PhillipM wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 19:54
Exactly, you're going to end up with a similar driver and not have to pay him because Merc is covering to keep hold of Ocon.
thats the only, for me, plausible explanation

Oscar2603

I'm pretty sure Mercedes responded to someone on Twitter saying that he remains a Merc reserve driver and tied to Merc until the end of 2019, and for 2020, he leaves the Mercedes family entirely.