2019 Renault F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

NAPI10 wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 14:47
Renault simply scapegoat Hulk to hide their lackluster performance.

Hulk will remain one of the unfulfilled talent in F1 .He should take a break from F1 & tryout some other series. F1 don’t suit him.
I like Hulk but the fact is Renault have Daniels data to compare him against and if he was doing the job and keeping Daniel honest, they'd have kept him.

Clearly they've seen that Daniel is on another level and bringing in a French driver to replace Hulk is a good move for them and a great way for Mercedes to find out how good Ocon really is.
"In downforce we trust"

JordanMugen

Brake Horse Power wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 14:29
In my opinion this is just rude of Renault, their car performes like ---
Except in Spa, the Renault car is performing well and clearly the best of the rest.

So it always was a great car all along!? A car designed by an ace team of skilled designers? :wtf: Very confusing.

djos

Is more likely they've got a narrow performance window that isn't always easy to find and developing the car has either widened the window or made it easier to get into the window.
"In downforce we trust"

sn809

Hulk apparently refused a 1yr deal at Renault

Brake Horse Power

JordanMugen wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 02:28
Brake Horse Power wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 14:29
In my opinion this is just rude of Renault, their car performes like ---
Except in Spa, the Renault car is performing well and clearly the best of the rest.

So it always was a great car all along!? A car designed by an ace team of skilled designers? :wtf: Very confusing.
Let's wait the race first

Big Tea

sn809 wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 03:10
Hulk apparently refused a 1yr deal at Renault
Probably wise considering his age
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Fulcrum

Hulkenberg doesn't sound that interested in staying in F1 based on the interviews I listened to this weekend. Quite philosophical about it all. While an unemotional and analytical response scores top marks for professionalism, I think it betrays the fact that his options are less plentiful, or appealing, than the commentators have suggested.

Phil

I hope Renault will not come to regret this. I cant see them holding on to Ricciardo (assuming Ricciardo does have options) beyond 2020. They may have lost a very solid performer with Nico.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Big Tea

Phil wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 17:23
I hope Renault will not come to regret this. I cant see them holding on to Ricciardo (assuming Ricciardo does have options) beyond 2020. They may have lost a very solid performer with Nico.
Not looking for an argument, but what options does Ricciardo have? None really.
He has the best seat he is likely to get.

Phil

Back to RedBull if Verstappen leaves. If Vettel leaves Ferrari, there might be an opening too (but i find that doubtful).
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Big Tea

Phil wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 17:32
Back to RedBull if Verstappen leaves.
Possible, but not likely. I would like to see it, but Marco is vindictive.

NiyolHuayra

Best thing now for Renault future is to get rid of this useless Cyril, the man will ruing the brand with his arrogance, excuses and incompetency.

browney

I'm not sure why it was a good idea to get Riccardo to do the whole race on one set of tyres?

Mclarensenna

How is Cyril still there. He has missed every single target in the last 5 years.
Last year he was going to make redbull regret switching to Honda.
Renault was the team who threatened to quit if we did not switch to a hybrid engine in 2014.
Yet in the 6th year they are still massively down on power and reliability is still worse than Mercedes reliability in their 1st year in 2014.
The engine is a hand grenade still.

Ric had siginficant damage after being hit from behind according to cyril which was costing him half a second per lap. B stillut what in the world happened to the strategists in Spa. An entire race on 1 set of tyres?
A 5 year old kid could see Ric was losing 2 seconds lap by not pitting which only increased at the end when the tyres fell off the cliff.
Pirelli never said these tyres can do an entire race.
The data showed it was a much slower strategy trying to do an entire race on 1 set of tyres.
How could Renault strategists with all the data and supercomputers available keep Ric out when a 5 year old kid see it made no sense.

Renault board needs to fire Cyril immediately and bring in somebody who can make some proper changes to this team.
Renault F1 are a complete disaster and need serious changes

JordanMugen

Big Tea wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 17:32
Not looking for an argument, but what options does Ricciardo have? None really.
He has the best seat he is likely to get.
:roll:

Ricciardo may be welcome at Red Bull (depending on how excellent Albon is and if Verstappen leaves), and he could also go to Ferrari to replace Vettel (the most likely since Giovanazzi is not good enough to be promoted to Ferrari's A-team at all, and Schumacher is not good enough to be promoted to Ferrari's A-team yet).

There is also an outside chance that Ricciardo could be picked by Mercedes to mentor Russell, assuming Hamilton retires.